Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Space Prospector - Turn 4: Yar har diddly dar....  (Read 9434 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - High Risk, High Pay
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2012, 04:55:29 pm »

After looking at the(mostly) finished map, I decided that, based on the density of 'objects', the current scan and movement speeds were waaaay too high. I debuffed all ships accordingly. You are free to redo your sign ups, of course.

I also added a few new items and a new ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Turn 1

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: More Clarifications (click to show/hide)

Please Copy Paste Your Profiles when posting your turns. It will make it easier for me, and less likely I'll forget a bonus

Spoiler: Toaster(M14) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maldevious(M14) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comrade Gafarov(M14) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RoryTehNoob(M14) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger(M14) (click to show/hide)

I have left out Killerhellhound since its undetermined what his purchasing will be. After he has decided, he can immediately do his turn.

I also need colors for some ships. White, orange, yellow, purple, and red have been taken up either by players or celestial objects
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:27:30 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - Turn 1: A New Sector to Explore!
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2012, 05:14:31 pm »

On second thought, I will go it alone. I agree with Orb, the grammar/spelling worries me as to how much time KillerHellHound is willing to put into this game.
Anyway, Orb, could you please post my profile. Also, on a turn can we move and scan?
Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2012, 05:18:30 pm »

Also, on a turn can we move and scan?

Yes. For every tile you move through, you will do a 'scan'. So moving one up then right will scan more tiles then just moving one tile NE.

If you were specifying star system scans, you have to be in the tile at the end of your turn. Meaning, you can move there, and then next turn you will have the data.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:20:03 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 05:24:22 pm »

Shall we move to one of the known stars or journey to the unknown?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2012, 05:38:26 pm »

hmmm.. interesting concept

is it too late to get in on this?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2012, 05:41:07 pm »

hmmm.. interesting concept

is it too late to get in on this?

Nope. Two slots are open. I may also consider opening 'mercenary' slots later.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2012, 05:54:54 pm »

well in that case

Name: Hoban Wash

Traits:
Ship Navigator: +2 to Ship Navigation
Ship Engineer: +2 to ship repair

Ship: <undefined variable>
Cloaking Field: +1 to escape rolls.
Boarding Tube: +1 to Ship Boarding.
Communication Monitor: Allows detection of space stations, and civilization on planets.
Cryo Pod: Allows cold storage of humans or alien organisms.

Equipment:
none

Moneys: None whatsoever
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:16:41 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2012, 05:59:00 pm »

Woops! I just realized I never made any mechanics related with conversing with NPCs. A pirate's going to shoot you, no questions asked. Alien rolls will depend on culturally sensitive. Sorry, you'll have to pick a different skill.

Also: Bonus Points for Firefly.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 06:01:45 pm »

hehe thanks

hmm... should i take ship engineer ( does it stack with multiple players?) or mega farmer due to the fact no-one has it?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2012, 06:04:25 pm »

hehe thanks

hmm... should i take ship engineer ( does it stack with multiple players?) or mega farmer due to the fact no-one has it?

Skills do not stack, as I'm afraid it will get overpowered. However, you both could repair two different systems at once(Navigation and Engineering hit at the same time? No problem)

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2012, 06:12:54 pm »

Move one space up! For glory!
Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 06:13:34 pm »

okay lets do that.. ill update my post with your format so you can just copy it straight out to the turn thingy.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2012, 06:16:31 pm »

Move one space up! For glory!

Please Copy Paste Your Profiles when posting your turns. It will make it easier for me, and less likely I'll forget a bonus

::)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2012, 06:21:26 pm »

Attempt to exchange the use of piloting skills and ship equipment for a ride outta dodge.

Char sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2012, 06:29:58 pm »

Name:Izembarg.
Skills:Ship engineer, tool master.
Purchases:1/3:Prospector explorer with laser batteries and comm monitor. Alien translator, laspistol.

Ask around the station for important information such as anyone needs another ship in their fleet or if they heard and rumors / job offers.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:31:37 pm by Zecro_The_Scourge »
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9