Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Space Prospector - Turn 4: Yar har diddly dar....  (Read 9420 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - High Risk, High Pay
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 11:01:44 pm »

If we go for a three-way deal, we could easily afford the 13k ship, throw a laser battery on it, and still have 5k each to spend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 11:04:26 pm »

I'm all for that.

Wait, I'm already signed up to buy a battery, so would that be the one we put on the ship?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:16:34 pm by ComradeGafarov »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 11:12:40 pm »

Sounds good to me. If someone has an extra .3k, I could purchase both the medkit and med bay.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 11:21:32 pm »

Gafarov, do you want part ownership of the ship or just a cut of the loot?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 11:36:38 pm »

Well, if it's my battery going on the ship, I think that would automatically imply that much ownership, but I would still be okay with just a money cut.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 07:26:37 am »

If we're all ponying up equal money, it seems only fair to split ownership and profits evenly.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 08:03:24 am »

Well, what do we want on the ship?  So far, I see:

Zero K Scout (13k)
Laser Battery (1.2k)
Med Bay (4k)

That comes up to 18.2k, or 6.3333...k 6.0666...k each.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:32:28 am by Toaster »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 08:18:19 am »

I'd also like to get the med kit (1.3k) to get +1 to healing rolls.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 08:44:17 am »

I think that's personal equipment and not ship equipment.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 08:53:07 am »

Okay, I wasn't clear on that.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 08:57:51 am »

Everything seems to be in order here.
Let's do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 10:11:28 am »

Okay.  I'll pony up 6334 6067 for my share, and you two put in 6333 6067/6066, and we'll get us a ship!  I guess the other money can be spend as you please.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:33:28 am by Toaster »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 10:31:52 am »

Also, math fail:  1/3 of 18.2k is actually 6066 2/3.

Name: Toaster
Background: Toaster spent a little time in the Space Navy as a tech sergeant, but has since retired and set out in the dangerous world in prospecting.
Skills:  Hacker and Tool Master
Purchases: 1/3 of (Zero K Scout with Laser Battery and Med Bay totalling 18200) : 6067
Laptop : 1000
Laser Pistol:  700
Bio Scanner: 900
Explosives:  500

Total:  9167

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2012, 12:01:57 pm »

Name: Hans Avil
Background: Looking to ply his medical and cultural skills on a worthy ship in order to earn money to purchase land for his family
Traits: Combat Medic
Culturally Sensitive
Purchases: 1/3 of (Zero K Scout with Laser Battery and Med Bay totaling 18200) : 6067
Medkit (+1 to healing rolls): 1300
Alien Translator (Allows you to communicate with aliens): 1000

Total Spent: 8367

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 02:22:29 pm »

Toaster is correct, the benefits of equipment are only passed on to one person. Equipment can be shuffled between persons though, if reasonable(Giving someone a medkit while engaged in melee combat isn't reasonable)

I will look over your character sheets, and get you on the sign-up sheet. I'll start working on the map today.

My plan for the map is to have a set of criteria for each 'spot'. Much like random generation in a computer, I'll roll a die for things. First I'll roll one for the presence of a star. Then planets. Then how many planets. Then the % of life. Then the actual roll for life(the first roll is for your scans). Then for civilization. Ect. You get the point.

Also, something I didn't mention. If we do end up with multiple ships floating around, you can only 'warp' to a planet if the coordinates are transmitted to you or you actually visit it. You'll be aware of its presence once discovered, but you won't know exactly where it is and won't risk a jump bla bla bla RP.

I'll probably start tomorrow. Late signs up are possible until the 8 player slots are filled.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9