Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Strangest Thing You've Ever Encountered  (Read 5539 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
The Strangest Thing You've Ever Encountered
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:26:41 pm »

What would be the most odd, out of place, most unique thing you have ever encountered in adventure mode? I'm talking strange creatures, weird histories, odd natural land-shapes, off-kilter relationships, silly bugs, etc.
I don't think I've played long enough to have encountered anything truly out of place but it is always odd to come across a town that's completely empty save a deity in the local stronghold.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures
Re: The Strangest Thing You've Ever Encountered
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:14 pm »

I just realized the quest I am on is at a site that doesn't exist.

I am supposed to go to a Mountain Halls and kill a Dwarven vampire, but such sites do not exist in Adventure Mode O.o

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:43:00 pm »

i once entered a fortress and got lost throught the 30 z lvls inside of it
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 02:51:40 am »

Looking at the statues in this fortress I came to to spread the news of my success, I see that the Dark Knight is part of this world's mythos:

"Here we see a statue of a Batman."

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:38:31 am »

"Here we see a statue of a Batman."

I once fought Batman. Knocked me off a 5z ledge then proceeded to pummle me to death...

so much for the no-killing...
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:21:44 am »

Batmen are scary. Not as scary as giant cave swallows, but still scary.

I had the worst experience with GCS2 in 40d. They swooped into my fortress and ate all my dwarves, and the military simply would not fight back. Nobody would.

As for adventure mode, I accidentally made mermaids a megabeast when I unknowingly caused a duplicate RAW error. They would die if you visited their cave. :P
And succubi ended up as a megabeast too. I think the error that caused the problem lay in the succubus raws, actually.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:49:45 am »

I once had few rodent men sitting around in their camp outside my cave entrance into my fort. They somehow managed to kill off 2 and wound the third attacking forgotten beast. Each obviously coming alone. I missed my little rat men when they died, they were excellent guards. I know some forgotten beasts could be weak but that was amazing.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 11:43:00 am »

A road with what seemed to be a bottomless pit right in the middle of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I looked down it and couldn't see the bottom.  It must've gone right down to caverns or something.

Weirdly this was shortly before the road decided to jump 9 Z levels up a cliff.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 11:53:04 am »

In the newest version I have a coffin and empty space spread over multiple tiles in two areas.  It's a large map, I haven't made an expedition to find out what they are yet.  I'm guessing it's a tomb and two botomless abysses.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 01:51:51 pm »

in my current adventure i amplaying as a necromancer, and at one point i had hundreds of corpses following me. well i got surrounded in a random chance encounter by a coalition of dwarves, elves, humans, goblins, and kobolds. needless to say they started fighting each other before my undead even got to them lol. it was a giant square of pure murder, and needless to say i got some new "recruits" lol. also at the moment im torturing an untransformed werebeast in his lair. not much of him left, hes stuck with arrows like a pincusion, no limbs tongue, or guts lol. but like the black knight he keeps sputtering threats from his pool of bloody vomit surrounded by his own body parts. good times. when he regenerates, im gonna do it allll over again yay! oh, and quick question, how do you add screenshots to your posts?

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 02:00:26 pm »

I think the only way is to upload the screenshot onto a site like photobucket or imgur and then copy/paste the link into your post and surround it with "[img ]http://[/img]"

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 02:17:02 pm »

thanks, this should show part of what im talking about.

I like how it says he has a prominent chin, it probly is, being the only thing left on his face...this guys not having a good day...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 03:20:17 pm »

I missed this at first, but in the middle of the "iron arrow, stuck in XX" is "iron pick, stuck in Right eye". Completely hilarious! :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 04:13:26 pm »

Indeed, my adventurer has picked up some dwarven tactics in his travels lol. a couple more odd things happened, one of which after he transformed and bit my hand off, i went outside and waited for an hour so i could transform myself. i had some zombie companions no longer loyal to me it would seem and on my second encounter with him part of his former goblin body explodes in boiling blood for some reason, even though its cold where i'm at...

oh yea and this happened too
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:25:51 pm by Draximo »

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 07:22:10 pm »

It was all his hatred for whoever Utes Sinpasses the Brute of Hoods was.
Pages: [1] 2