Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Planeswalker: a Magic: the Gathering RTD  (Read 7559 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Planeswalker: a Magic: the Gathering RTD
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:47:26 pm »

You are a planeswalker, traveler of planes, and caster of spells! You are a planeswalker, fighter of battles, vanquisher of enemies, and the supreme of all mages! You are a planeswalker, eye between the planes,deciding point in wars, destroyer of gods, summoner of great and mighty beasts! Bringer of whirlwinds, of apocalypses, of death, of right, a warrior of subtlety, of might! Do you fight for freedom or for law? Do you fight with ice and cold, or hell's fiery maw? Are you the bringer of rays of sun shining with life, or of the night with ghouls rife? The choice is in your hands to make. You will be a planeswalker, traveler of planes. But who are you, and what destiny shall you take?

So this is going to be a MtG RTD in which you are a planeswalker (that much is pretty obvious). But I do have a plot to it, although that'll start after the prologue finishes (in which you become planeswalkers!).  The combat system is fairly complex when dealing with spells, but I think it'll be simple to execute.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Players:
Spoiler: Tiruin|Irania Ata'il (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mcclay|Con Airsmith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Watchman|Silas Burn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:35:14 pm by Powder Miner »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Planeswalker: a Magic: the Gathering RTD
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:56:02 pm »

Hier
Editing Sheet.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:54:58 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

((New to MtG, but enjoyed it nonetheless. This sheet is bound to be fraught with errors.))

Well, This helps a lot  :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:07:40 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:11:29 pm »

((Tiruin...I hate to break you the news, but I am a dick and my enemies are white and green. Guess which one my color is?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:13:51 pm »

You guys don't need to all be allied colors. Being constantly pissed at each other is fine.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 10:16:45 pm »

((I'm fine with that, Cael  :P Only thing is, I am not that well-versed in the lore of MtG. Much.))

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 10:17:05 pm »

Name: Con Airsmith
Color: Black|Red
Set: Lowyrn
Faction: Changeling
Race: Vampire Boggart (damn staright)
Bio: Boggart vampire, fuck yeah! Was a regular boggart but got nommed on by a vampire.
First Spell: Nameless Inversion
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:06:30 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 10:20:16 pm »

Bit of a problem, Mcclay- there aren't boggarts in Innistrad, and I'm putting the no planar shenanigans in the bio rule in place for a reason, actually two reason.
A. You become a planeswalker in the prologue.
B. MY PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT (which isn't stone-set but I want a chance to play it out sometime at least to a bit- and planeswalking everywhere before the game would ruin that.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:22:42 pm by Powder Miner »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 10:26:36 pm »

((I'm fine with that, Cael  :P Only thing is, I am not that well-versed in the lore of MtG. Much.))
I'll be happy to tell you. White hates black because it is largely amoral and selfish, breaking its equality for its own gains. Black doesn't like white because white is trying to tell him he's evil and is also trying to wave around that it's good and is trying to restrict him. Black likes getting what it wants and not so much getting restricted. Green, on the other hand, hates black because black is parasitic and opposing its values of life and interdependence. Black hates green because green is also standing in its way and trying to kill it and trying to push its "life" on him. So naturally White-green hates Black's guts and it's going to prolly be mutual although you shouldn't define your characters' RP by a meta understanding of their color- characters aren't defined by their color, as Gideon and Chandra, a white planeswalker and red planeswalker (white and red are enemies) are love interests in one of the novels, far from the hostility that white and red usually how each other (Exemplified in cards like red hating all over white's lands here: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Discussion.aspx?multiverseid=83086)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:28:58 pm by Powder Miner »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 10:30:30 pm »

goddamnit I know nothing about Magic background and lore. I do want to play a vampire boggart though, or a Phyxeranian one...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 10:34:41 pm »

I'm afraid I can't really help you there.
Except... Changelings (Whih are from Lorwyn. a plane of fairies and elves and boggarts that undergoes an aurora every hundred or something years caused by the fairy queen that turns it into DEATH DARKNESS GLOOM LAND) COULD be vampires and boggarts and the same time.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 10:36:27 pm »

What set are they in?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 10:37:42 pm »

The set Lorwyn. http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=140171 is an example, and they're of every color really.
Edit: A few are also in Morningtide, the set immediately following and connected to Lorwyn.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:39:44 pm by Powder Miner »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 10:41:41 pm »

I'll be happy to tell you. White hates black because it is largely amoral and selfish, breaking its equality for its own gains. Black doesn't like white because white is trying to tell him he's evil and is also trying to wave around that it's good and is trying to restrict him. Black likes getting what it wants and not so much getting restricted. Green, on the other hand, hates black because black is parasitic and opposing its values of life and interdependence. Black hates green because green is also standing in its way and trying to kill it and trying to push its "life" on him. So naturally White-green hates Black's guts and it's going to prolly be mutual although you shouldn't define your characters' RP by a meta understanding of their color- characters aren't defined by their color, as Gideon and Chandra, a white planeswalker and red planeswalker (white and red are enemies) are love interests in one of the novels, far from the hostility that white and red usually how each other (Exemplified in cards like red hating all over white's lands here: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Discussion.aspx?multiverseid=83086)

Knew that much about colors  :P Thanks for expounding on the fact. Looking forward to this.

Oh, and mostly done with mine.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 10:43:28 pm »

I'm struggling with set and faction. *Grumble grumble*
>Yes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5