Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterwork mod... and cats. So much !!FUN!!  (Read 742 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Masterwork mod... and cats. So much !!FUN!!
« on: May 01, 2012, 08:18:06 pm »

A single cat just slaughtered my entire fortress. A cat.

You know, since cats don't go after bog crawlers except to get bit. So why not go after the somewhat timid flaming skulls?

WHY INDEED.

I'm just designating my dig, watching my workers work, when all of a sudden,

Stray Cat was caught in a burst of flame!

Quote from: Me
Holy shit.

Fire began in my main hall, roasting things, then the skull murders my bedrooms, then goes to  light fire to every peice of vegetation in the entire world. Ashes everywhere. It was madness.

I had two dwarves left- a farmer and a miner. I just quit. It was too much madness.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:09:48 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork mod... and cats. So much !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 08:23:20 pm »

The SCIENCE label should be used only when you have discovered something, or when you are doing experiments/testing. It doesn't qualify simply because your fort is burning.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork mod... and cats. So much !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:26:10 pm »

Yes this rather falls under the !!FUN!! category. Now if you had of set the cat to burn up purposely, just to see what it would do to your dwarves, and then reported back all of your findings of the various psychological and medical effects of the burning cat on your dwarves, then that would be !!SCIENCE!!.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork mod... and cats. So much !!FUN!!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:10:39 pm »

Whoops. THought it may have qualified due to the flaming skulls... like, never doing that before. And cats didn't try to attack, or maybe it was luck or something. IDK.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork mod... and cats. So much !!FUN!!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:50:56 pm »

Dem cats..... Why is it that whenever the world is burning, you can smell roasted cat? When I was sceinceifying earlier, I was testing animals resistance to lava, and seeing if I could get a heavy animal to jump into a 1x1 pit of lava flowing downward, and have it fall faster then the lava flowed and possibly survive. My first subject was a cat.... I was using my old test area, and somehow the cat jumped out of the lava and scorched the other test subjects!! Further sceinceing is needed.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:54:26 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.