Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bronze Cloaks: a ☼suggestion game☼: scouts are morons  (Read 4313 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bronze Cloaks: a ☼suggestion game☼: scouts are morons
« on: May 01, 2012, 07:42:01 pm »

I'm going to carry out a community game/story fort/ suggestion game of varying quality. I will, however be using a ☼Masterwork☼ Dwarf fortress mod. It's quite nice, and I'll be using Phoebus graphics with it so it will look as nice as it is to play. I have a few things turned off, and I will only see Kobold, Undead, and Goblin invasions. Now, our embark site:↓
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You guys can pick dwarves and their skills. I'm not terribly good a DF so go easy on me here. We have pretty much all kinds of plants, and I'll stretch the embark to fit your needs, no matter what the cost (as long as it isn't the picks and the axe).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:43:47 pm by blackmagechill »

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile

I'd like a carpenter with these points:

2 In Capentry
2 In Teaching
2 In Axedwarf
1 In Dodging
1 In Biting
2 In Animal Training

And I would like to bring 3 female dogs, 1 male dog and a Keet (if available). Oh and Name him Epson.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

I would like a miner.  Just standard mining skill.

Here's the kicker though.  Once my miner ( hopefully ) hits legendary, remove him or her from mining and turn him/her into a pick-axe wielding killing machine in the military.  Picks are pretty good weapons, especially when used by a legendary miner.

So yeah, can my dorf's name please be Nix, any gender, enroll him/her in military ( using the very same pickaxe ) once he/she hits legendary. 

Not sure why I just repeated myself.  Probably for emphasis. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 mace
1 armor
2 shield
1 dodger
2 animal trainer
1 weapon smith/armor smith whatevers needed really

male preferably a large beard called Higginbottom IV i want him to be super violent to anything undwarfy or not a pangolin giant or otherwise

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 in animal training
1 in beekeeping

Male. Name him Tasrak.

I hope we get enough male dwarves.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf name:  Slothen
Either sex is fine.
skills in mechanic and butchery.  Can give me various farming related jobs.

The embark shows no trees so I suggest you bring upwards of 50 wood logs, and dig fast for magma and the caverns.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm...

Dwarf name: Ash
preferably male but meh.

Start off as peasant with alchemist job enabled.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And, with a drop of a wagon, and the cutting free of a horse, BronzeCloaks had been declared a fortress. An outpost, really. The dwarves, told of wonderous mountains and savage plains, were quite surprised.

Epson: Well where in the halls mountain?
Tasrak: Aye, a good question. And where's the bees over thar? there's bees further away from the river, but nothin' livin' near the stream!
Slothen: Kog, the blubberin moron who did the scoutin report said there was mountain here! and no trees on the mountains neither!
Tasrak: Well, he looks right bout tha trees so far.
Stothen: But the fool said there was rock! Who gives a damn about trees! That's only for elves and charcoal and beds, and not even really worth that! We can put a stone bed together all with a pick, thank ya verry much!
Nix: How about you stick a XXsockXX in it and we get to diggin?
All: Agreed!

Murgy

• Bay Watcher
  • Is one of the first of his kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Bronze Cloaks: a ☼suggestion game☼: scouts are morons
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 09:54:29 pm »

Heh! I'm enjoying the format in which your telling the story, mate. I'd be glad to layout a character outline, to be added in at your convenience.

Name & Gender: I'll go with the name 'Murgy' for a male dwarf and the ever witty and original name of 'Murgie' in the case of a female.

Skills: Primarily focused in Furnace Operating and Weapon Smithing, though I certainly don't mind dabbling in the other forging skills or in the excavation of our soon to be grand halls.

By the way, and this is just an instance of myself thinking out loud, it might be interesting to see our characters information pages. Though that would likely require a fair amount of images that would need to be exported on your part, so feel free to disregard, eh?
Quote from: Cruxador
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
I made a mod where giant spiders, snake-people, minotaurs, dwarves, and a gnome-like creature were all the same species.  In spite of being radically different sizes, a snake-person and a spider could get married and have a minotaur as a child.
A wonderful love story of a family that is truly without prejudice.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 10:33:19 pm »

i'd like to be dorf'd as the first migrant who arrives with any medical skills.

Name: Sampson   Custom profession: The good doctor

enable all medical skills, disable all others except for cleaning.

assign him/her to the position of Chief Medical Dorf, if position is still available.

looking forward to a good read!
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 10:16:41 am »

So, I came to the realization after the first update that this is an ironless map.... do you guys want to restart with the same dwarves on a different site? I doubt we'd live through the first invasion.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 10:19:21 am »

Nah, keep going.  More challenge that way.  Worse comes to worst, we wall ourselves in. 

Plus, there's probably copper right?  If there's tin, we could get bronze. 

Or you know, we could just mine for adamantine.  It worked for Headshoots. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 11:22:23 am »

Masterwork has no Iron; Tetrahedrite comes with iron in it.

It threw me off too.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 12:04:31 pm »

Tasrak: Those bloody morons over there haven't found a scrap of real or yet.
Epson: We don't need swords, we got enough mastiffs to eat a whole battalion of goblins.
Tasrak: Yeh, have you ever seen a mastiff bite through iron?
Epson: Wul, no, but good 'ol Kog back in the mountainhalls-
Tasrak: This was the same Kog that sold you the damn dogs in the furs place, whadn't it?
Epson: O' course! I buy all me dogs from 'im.
Tasrak grabs a piece of diorite and hits Epson with it.
Tasrak: YOU STUPID SHROOM HEAD! HE TOLD YOU FLAT FACED, GRASS GRUBBIN' LIES! YOU SPENT HALF OUR COINS ON THE DAMNED THINGS, AND FOR WOT!?
Epson: They can bite through iron O' course!
Tasrak: CAVE SWALLOW SHIT THEY CAN! They barely killed that barn owl that flew in here yesterday! And we stuck 'ere, with copper, a bunch stupid, wrinkely faced dogs, goblins to the west, undead to the south, and caves fulla murderous beasts below!
Epson: Wul when you put it that way....

Dobar: We're gettin pretty close to tha tetra'edrite over there.
Nix: Yeh, but then we gotta go back up to diorite to dig out the bedrooms for the migrants...
Dobar: Ya think we'll find anythin' else down 'ere?
Nix: Whaddya mean? We found tha caves already, and we can get  water and seed down thar.
Dobar: Yeh, Yeh, but I mean ore. We need a better kinda iron than this load a rock! The only way we git iron out of it is when we scrap the slag outta the bottom a the smelter! And then the bars are coarse, an we can't forge outta that!
Nix: Heh, I dunt think we'll be doin much forgin any a time soon if Epson had his way with the coin...
Dobar: Well whaddya mean?
Higgenbotham IV looses a shout, fell and terrible!

Higgenbotham IV: Where is the anvil?
-----
More to come: scary shit in the caves? Traders? RAPTORS!?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 01:06:44 pm »

Ouch. My Dwarf is harsh. I bet he spends all his time with his animals.
Pages: [1] 2