Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Real Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 6224 times)

mishka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Real Liberal Crime Squad
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:25:02 pm »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Real Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:44:48 pm »

What a dumbass.

If you're going to do something to get government attention, do something constructive that will further your agenda.

This?

A crackpot scheme by a bunch of idiot teenagers, which would have netted absolute ZERO support, and would quite honestly have worked AGAINST their beliefs by allowing the government to charge extra taxes for terrorism protection, reconstruction, and so on, not to mention the psychological effect it would have on the populace, who would run into the government's open arms out of fear.

Sigh.

If you're going to be the stupid-side of Anarchism, at least do it right. Don't come up with a half-assed 'plan' to make things happen without a detail analysis and understanding of the effects they'll have on people's lives.

I'd honestly respect them more if they said they just wanted to cause chaos to piss of the government. At the current moment, all they really are is a bunch of stupid over-grown kids, half of which look like drug addicts(and possibly are), who have NO idea what they're doing, and don't even have the benefit of being truly passionate about their goals.

Hell, I doubt that if the FBI informant hadn't gotten on their case, this bunch of jello-brained numbnuts would have stewed in their parents' houses and played Halo instead.

NOW, whenever they get out of prison, and they will, there's a MUCH higher chance of them having learned to make explosives and all sorts of other goodies while IN prison than while out.

Hell, one of my uncles are a retired geologist and he gets money by investing in local mining operations in Minas Gerais, Brazil. I've handled explosives before that even though it is extremely entertaining, its NOT something to play with...

Oh, I can't wait until the media spins this into an anti-violence-in-games/movies campaign or a chance to proselytize to 'convert the godless back into the open arms of Jesus Christ', or some equally-useless measure that does absolutely NOTHING to dissect the true reasons behind the escalating levels of violence and lawlessness. (no, I will not say Anarchy, because that is not the point of Anarchy, per se)

EDIT: DAFUQ is with my grammar. Man, I need sleep.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:47:14 pm by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:51:25 pm »

Honestly, I'm not really sure this group of punks even know what anarchy as a political system is. In America, anarchy is pretty much considered lawlessness and violence, while elsewhere it's completely different. I don't think they even knew what they were "fighting" for.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 03:02:37 pm »

"Do you want to hear something disturbing??!?"

"Yes, what?"

"Oh. Um....I dunno, usually nobody says yes. Uh...stuff sucks?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 03:09:15 pm »

Wait, what's this about legal cocaine?

I'm in.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 04:34:37 pm »

Wait, what's this about legal cocaine?

I'm in.

Oddly enough, cocaine really is legal in very limited circumstances. Namely, eye doctors who perform laser eye surgery. Otherwise, nope.

These guys were mainly just failure to plan, planning to fail and being stupid.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »

Clearly, the FBI have caught some evil masterminds teenage goons. I expect a viral campaign along the lines of "Damn the US Government treats retards who can't even plan a bombing properly in an inhumane manner. They should be ashamed!" any day now.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 05:02:12 pm »

Clearly, the FBI have caught some evil masterminds teenage goons. I expect a viral campaign along the lines of "Damn the US Government treats retards who can't even plan a bombing properly in an inhumane manner. They should be ashamed!" any day now.

Lol.

In all seriousness though, this is only done to discourage actual non-idiots from trying this shit.

...But it doesn't. I'm pretty damn sure everyone has said or done or planned something stupid at some point, but they mature, grow the fuck up, and get over it.

Hell, I'm pretty damn sure if some guy in a trenchcoat pulls up in a van and offers you chloroform, C4, a flamethrower, and all this other shit, at a point in your life where you're contemplating stupidity, you're bound to be a dumbass.

Now, considering how people NEVER FUCKING FIND SOMEONE SELLING EXPLOSIVES, EVER, because who the fuck manufactures and sells explosives for a bunch of dumbass neckbeard potheads, they will simply get over their idiotic plan because its impossible to fulfill.

</rant>
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 05:19:24 pm »

Hell, I'm pretty damn sure if some guy in a trenchcoat pulls up in a van and offers you chloroform, C4, a flamethrower, and all this other shit, at a point in your life where you're contemplating stupidity, you're bound to be a dumbass.

You had me at flamethrower, where do I sign up? 

On a more serious note, why didn't they just use some of the more, um, accessible methods for making your own explosives easily available with a quick application of google-fu? I find it hard to believe that a modern day American group of stoners wouldn't have reasonable internet access.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 04:10:25 am »

Wow... just wow... really how hard is it to manufacture explosives? Not very. How hard is it to manufacture explosives that are stable? Moderately very. Still, even with a few offhand comments about explosive manufacturing it's pretty damned easy to come up with a generic explosive that will fuck up a person's day. Hell, buy gun powder and ball bearings and some PVC pipe... do a little McGyver'ing and you have yourself a pipebomb. Not hard to do in any case; seriously where was their google-fu?
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 04:29:16 am »

Considering the target was a bridge, id say a pipebomb wouldnt cut it.  Though looking at the whole thing there is no way that I would be surprised if the whole thing was planned by the FBI and these guys just said they would help, bridge is a stupid target if you are pissed at corporate america but a great place for surveillance.

That said, while I dont condone it the idea of using violent action against corporations is something that pretty much hasnt been touched and the first such semi serious act would have some fairly large symbolic implications. 
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 10:52:50 am »

Actually, bridges/roads are used a heck of a lot for commerce... truckers and commuters getting to work and even people going on vacations. 
Say you knock one of the more heavily used ones and well, it could turn into a bottleneck situation where everyone and their grandma has to go a different route that is not designed to take heavy traffic.  That is if you are against retail/manufacturing/vacation-entertainment markets... and yea, you'd screw a lot of the common people inbetween too. 
Not going to effect the financial industry as much, if that is what you are really against.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 11:03:02 am »

Thats kind of my point, I would have thought if these anarchist guys had of dreamed up the whole thing they would have targeted a bank or a starbucks or something rather than a bridge which is going to cause alot of problems for the average joe.  If you have the bomb then the degree of difficulty isnt that much higher to hit something that would have more value to the 'cause'
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 11:16:39 am »

Eh, I'm not too sure of the definition of corporate america, that is why I responded with the elaboration, to differ between the stuff.

Also at some places, some high traffic highways do not allow trucks (due to low bridges, oh how many messed up trucks I seen... bastards delaying my travel...)  so yea, could doubly screw up that end of business and probably see more truck accidents with truckers not knowing they can't go on certain highways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 12:15:26 pm »

Why bother blowing up bridges anyhow? With the state our infrastructure is in, it'll probably fall down on its own in a decade or two.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: [1] 2 3