Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lack of caravan/liason/migrants  (Read 951 times)

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lack of caravan/liason/migrants
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:18:42 am »

K, so I purposefully chose the dwarven civ with the highest pop, and embarked pretty close to where they are. First year I get the 2 hardcoded migrants, and that's it. No caravan shows up, no liaison shows up. Keep getting "failed to attract migrants this season" message. Elves come and go. End of autumn fort year 2, caravan and liaison show up. Trading with them now, waiting for the meeting to start so I can request stuff, but question:

Can I reasonably expect migrants now that the caravan/liaison showed? I've read they effect migration.

Also, good grief, I never realized how much I depend on that first caravan, lol. Been a rough year, me and my 18 16 dwarves. :p

Oh, and I build the Depot in spring, so it's not like there wasn't one available for them.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

CandyOreVein

• Bay Watcher
  • [RELEASESCLOWNS_TRUE]
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of caravan/liason/migrants
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:24:53 am »

Long historys have a tennacy to let civilisations die out. If you embarked on an isle or something where caravans don't normally come then that might be it. Of corse dorfs do like expensive booze and fantasticly made adamantine serrated disk traps. I think fortress value has an effect on migration.
Urist McNeedsToPullLever cancles pull lever. Enemy we where trying to keep out scared him.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of caravan/liason/migrants
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:26:18 am »

Long historys have a tennacy to let civilisations die out. If you embarked on an isle or something where caravans don't normally come then that might be it. Of corse dorfs do like expensive booze and fantasticly made adamantine serrated disk traps. I think fortress value has an effect on migration.

Smaller region, in the plains not far from the mountainhomes :p Again, I chose the civ with the highest pop. Also cuz they've been at war with the gobbo's for 900 years:p

EDIT: WOOT! 16 migrants just showed up. Alrighty. So then I guess if the caravan/liaison doesn't come the first year, neither do the migrants. Well, at least I know I can run a decent fort with a dozen+ dwarves:p
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:00:08 am by rtg593 »
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?