Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Survival Horror Central - UPDOOT! I got some Penumbra up!  (Read 4452 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Survival Horror Central - UPDOOT! I got some Penumbra up!
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:01:49 pm »

I've recently gotten heavily into the survival horror genre because of great games like Penumbra, and thus I've began creating Let's Plays on my youtube channel. I'm starting with a semi-blind playthrough of Penumbra: Black Plague, and possibly some intermittent SCP: Containment Breach for now.

I use a face cam in the upper left corner as I play, and since the videos are survival horror, situations get intense and can be rather swear heavy at times. So they're generally not something I would recommend playing out loud with family members around.

I'm going to use this thread so my fellow Bay 12ers can track me if they wish, and post suggestions on games and actions within games. The following post is going to be reserved for organization purposes. I'll provide links down there.

A small notice: I sound very young, and I look kind of young. I am, however, going to legally be an adult in two months. Appearances can be deceiving. I know that whenever I open a youtube video and hear the voice of somebody very young, I can barely stand to watch for more than a few minutes because I can't take them seriously. I don't know how this applies to others, but if the sound of my voice is off putting just bear with me and I'm sure it'll be easy to get used to. I've always been self conscious of the sound of my voice over youtube videos, so I guess that's part of the reason I'm putting this notice here.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:57:53 pm by jc6036 »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Survival Horror Central
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:02:54 pm »

Link Central
    [/list][/list][/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:57:12 pm by jc6036 »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
    • Bilious Slick
      • View Profile
    Re: Survival Horror Central
    « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:21 pm »

Right now I have about five Penumbra segments that need edited and posted, so I'll be putting those up. I also have an SCP let's play that's ready for editing, and I may put it up tomorrow if I can.

Another bit of reasoning for this: I have little to no viewers besides friends and people who stumble across the videos. I suppose I'll just let Bay12 in on all of this too :D

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
    • Bilious Slick
      • View Profile
    Re: Survival Horror Central - Let's Plays From Penumbra to SCP
    « Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 03:51:17 pm »

My SCP: Containment breach video is ready, and It's being uploaded now. I'll update the links when it's ready.

Also if anybody does actually take the time to watch these, thank you, and I'm looking for input and criticism. Feel free to drop a comment here or at the video.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 04:18:32 pm »

Watching most definitely.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • Springless Clock
    « Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 04:49:39 pm »

You might take a look at All of our friends are dead. I dunno if it fits in with the theme you have going on here, as I'm not typically very big on horror games, but I really liked this thing, it's pretty short to boot. Annnd if you liked that, Au Sable is a spiritual successor. Quite a bit longer though, so be ready for that. As a result the bizzare stuff also takes a bit longer to get to. Both are less plot driven then Penumbra, though, as a note. Just kind've a creepy game for the sake of it.

Definitely'll be looking at this though. Will it be recorded on the stream sites or otherwise, or will I have to catch the stream the first time around? I'm pretty bad at promptness.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:52:30 pm »

PTW
    You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
    Quote from: Loud Whispers
    SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
    • Bilious Slick
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 04:55:48 pm »

You might take a look at All of our friends are dead. I dunno if it fits in with the theme you have going on here, as I'm not typically very big on horror games, but I really liked this thing, it's pretty short to boot. Annnd if you liked that, Au Sable is a spiritual successor. Quite a bit longer though, so be ready for that. As a result the bizzare stuff also takes a bit longer to get to. Both are less plot driven then Penumbra, though, as a note. Just kind've a creepy game for the sake of it.

Definitely'll be looking at this though. Will it be recorded on the stream sites or otherwise, or will I have to catch the stream the first time around? I'm pretty bad at promptness.
    I'm using youtube primarily, though I was thinking of introducing a stream some time. If I do get a stream it will likely be recorded anyways though, so no promptness needed I guess. Also I'll check out those games. They both seem very interesting.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
    • Bilious Slick
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 06:00:57 pm »

Updated the links, and formatted them for easier navigation. Also adding some more Penumbra.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • Springless Clock
    « Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:32 pm »

Oh, hurf, just youtubes, my bad. Excellent!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
    • Bilious Slick
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 06:05:10 pm »

Uploaded another Penumbra video, in which I get chased by horrorterrors twice. More SCP to come either later today or tomorrow. I still need to do some editing.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
    • Bilious Slick
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 06:11:46 pm »

Part two to my SCP series should be uploaded soon, if I can get past all of the editing mishaps that keep rearing their ugly heads.

It should be interesting seeing how many views the second one gets compared to the first one. Like how many people want to keep watching vs. how many people just clicked the first link out of curiosity. Doing all of these Let's Plays is giving me some experience though. Hopefully I will be able to rise out of mediocrity into something great :D

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
    • Bilious Slick
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 06:32:11 pm »

And damnit something else to say: I will probably be doing a Survival Crisis Z let's play in the future, since I fucking love that game.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
    • Bilious Slick
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 07:22:34 pm »

Second SCP video is now up, for anybody that cares.

Linky.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
    • Bilious Slick
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 09:12:53 pm »

My wireless mouse is dead, so for now I've reverted to a Let's Play of Survival Crisis Z on the third chapter with hardcore mode on.

The first video should be up soon, possibly tonight.

In other news, I've been working on improving the quality and entertainment value of my Let's Plays. Feel free to drop by and give them another chance if you were disinterested the first time around.
    Pages: [1] 2