Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire highscores  (Read 692 times)

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
Vampire highscores
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:48:55 pm »

So, recently back from a break from DF due to other stuff, I gen up a new world and go for some adventuring. The first guy in the town immediately sends me off to kill a vampire who killed 1063. Reckon it's a pretty impressive number. Another vampire I was sent to kill had 298.
So, how many kills did the vampires you encountered have? Who was the absolute champion? While we're at it, how many kills have you had as a vampire, if the number is significant?

Edit: just after posting this, I was sent to kill a vampire with 1756 kills on him. Not bad.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:51:55 pm by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Rtyh-C

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaughtering elves in low Earth orbit
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire highscores
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:58:07 pm »

Around 3000 was the highest scoring vampire I've seen, but that was in a really old world (almost 1000 years, IIRC).

I've only managed to become a vampire once, and I became a necromancer shortly afterwards, so I mostly let corpses fight for me. As a result, I only had 14 kills. I was careful not to kill innocent people by draining them of blood, instead I fed on the bad guys (and wild animals, I admit :P). I always try to be a nice guy in this game for some reason.
By that logic, you shouldn't be able to play dwarves because they don't show thinking ability.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 03:38:58 pm »

99.99999999999999999% of vampires kills are because of feeding but i saw one at 10k+

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 03:46:16 pm »

99.99999999999999999% of vampires kills are because of feeding

That much is clear. Still, the more kills they have, the longer they've been around.

Just interesting to see who's the ultimate champion of them all.
For the record, my world was genned using the standard template.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 04:22:57 pm »

Had a vampire king with 89,000 kills from a 4000 year long pocket world. Got killed during a goblin invasion, so the poor guy didn't reach 6 digits.