Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46

Author Topic: When Kickstarter Goes Right  (Read 92823 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter Goes Right
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2012, 01:34:58 pm »

Mind you while I doubt it will get its 80k... I really hope it does.

Projection is 583,000 to 704,000, based on the trend.
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/165500047/broken-sword-the-serpents-curse-adventure#chart-exp-projection

So it will just barely not make it (sorry I meant 800k)

704k is the "high estimate."  E.g. 5% likely.  643k is the most probable value, which is a far cry from "just barely not making it."

(Think of the range between 583 and 704 as a bell-curve of possibility: the top and bottom values are unlikely (5% or less), but represent the upper and lower bounds that contain 90% of all results).

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2012, 07:42:51 pm »

So, they reached the base goal for Broken Sword, and revealed all the stretch goals.

It caps at 1 Million bonus stretch goal. If they reach it, they greenlight Beneath a Steel Sky 2!

Honestly...

I kinda want to say that is a terrible stretch goal.

Mind you Beneath the Steel Sky is hardly a bad game... but this is like "If you give us this much money... we will put that money in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME!"

It is practically a slap in the face.

Mind you while I doubt it will get its 80k... I really hope it does.
Well, there's only so much you can do, and if they got that much money I would rather them spend on BSS 2 than try and jam extra features in the game.

Doesn't specifically say they're going to use that money towards BaSS, even if that's the case. They say "greenlight", which just means they will start that project (meaning, they'll consider it worthwhile, because Kickstarter, or whatever). Chances are they'll start another Kickstarter when the actual developing begins.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2012, 12:26:38 pm »

So, it appears that there has been a explosion of playing card kickstarters, some of which are pretty awesome.

Really like the looks of those three in particular (and have funded 2/3 of them currently).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2012, 12:30:53 pm »

No Yog-Sothoth? Psh, failed!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2012, 03:01:08 pm »

So, it appears that there has been a explosion of playing card kickstarters, some of which are pretty awesome.
Really like the looks of those three in particular (and have funded 2/3 of them currently).
These are pretty cool, but I wouldn't play with them.  :P
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 01, 2012, 03:11:19 pm »

Ah, playing card kickstarters. I backed this one ages ago. These look pretty cool as well.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2012, 04:09:03 pm »

Ah, playing card kickstarters. I backed this one ages ago. These look pretty cool as well.

Hehe, neat.  Which gaff card ended up being included?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 01, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »

Three. The double back, the 1 of hearts, and the test print. That deck has given me a love of gaff cards.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2012, 06:24:39 pm »

Three. The double back, the 1 of hearts, and the test print. That deck has given me a love of gaff cards.

Them's good ones.  I'd have taken the erased 10 of hearts over the test print, personally, but I certainly liked the double-back and the 1 of hearts.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2012, 11:50:21 pm »

Ohh, thats a good deck, its was pretty cheap too.
Yeah, I missed some really good ones like Tendril, The Spectrum (obviously not a very good playing deck, but a pretty amazing deck regardless), and quite a few other ones.

In case anyone is wondering, here is a link to the full list of every playing card kickstarter on right now (and all the successful ones that have ever been there): http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=179

These are pretty cool, but I wouldn't play with them.  :P
Of course you wouldn't, two out of three of those would drive you insane if you played them too long.

Also, my ultimate deck of cards would be one that has a video display screen printed onto them (the technology isn't quite there yet however, and even when it is they would probably be crazy expensive), and have the facecards alternate between different lovecraftian and demonic themed faces (ideally each facecard would change once or twice a game so its rare enough to catch them off guard, but not often enough to repeat or be immediately noticeable) only when they are facedown or completely covered up (ideally they would also change whenever no one is looking at them, but that would probably be impossible to implement). You could probably convince the majority of people really easily that there was something mystical going on, especially if you bet them for their soul/firstborn (they would probably freak the hell out once the cards started changing appearances on them).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:15:07 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2012, 11:51:50 pm »

I am going to spend all my god dammed money on card decks.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2012, 01:43:07 am »

Don't. You'll need to save some for the...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2012, 02:16:22 am »

I am going to spend all my god dammed money on card decks.
Muhahaha, I have made another join me in spending a silly amount of money on cards.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2012, 12:14:33 am »

I don't actually like the Lovecraft or Necronomicon decks. Too busy. I grabbed one of the Bohemian deck, though. Really cool art style.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2012, 12:21:41 am »

So, you remember that guy? With the list? Of all the shit he's not supposed to do?

Yeah, he made a game.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46