Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46

Author Topic: When Kickstarter Goes Right  (Read 92864 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter Goes Right
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2012, 05:40:54 am »

Zombie babies?

TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY YOU BEAUTIFUL SONS OF BITCHES!

Ahahahaha I like his sense of humour.
We ran the numbers and it turns out that making MORE miniatures actually costs us MORE than making less miniatures!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:35:05 am by Darvi »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2012, 12:07:53 pm »

Those are sweet minis. I feel like pledging to that was a bad decision since I've never played anything that uses miniatures, but I'll use this as an opportunity to do so.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2012, 12:18:22 pm »

That's a neat set. I'd totally get them, but I don't really have enough excess cash this month to justify them. Pity.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2012, 03:22:33 am »

Goddarn there is some serious 'SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!' going on there, miniatures aint my thing but tipping my hat to the 'can I please has $1250?'  and the internet says:  'TAKE IT AND TIMES IT BY 100 FOOLS! CHOKE ON THE MONEY!'
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2012, 09:56:24 am »

This is particularly dwarfy and therefore definitely deserves a shoutout here :P

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/dwarven-adventurers-box-set

Some pretty well done pewter Dwarf miniatures, and a Troll too. If ya do look at it, make sure you scroll All the way down to see all of them, as the 15 it shows at the top isn't every miniature.

Man, I am really sad (although my wallet is happy) that I missed this before it finished. I totally would've been in on this.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2012, 07:47:20 pm »

Here's one.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/544670315/balance-of-the-planet

The guy behind it has this other project he's been trying to work on that I'm intensely interested in, and told him that if he puts anything on Kickstarter I'd take a peek.

Anyway, this game is a Serious Game about the planet and things like environmental health, global warming, and such.  I plan to take a peek at his alpha here in a few minutes.  Least I could do for him was to spread the word, as I'd really like to have him get back to his interactive fiction work.

Best result I can find:

Agro: $10
Air: $700
Rads: $0
CO2: $60
Gas: $2

Subsidies:
18% all, except World Fund
28% to World Fund

Total score: about +1,400,000
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:21:50 pm by Draco18s »

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2012, 08:22:14 am »

Hope this isn't the wrong place, but I just wanted to advertise the kickstarter of a mate of mine, who is horrible at promoting his own project. It is an old school rpg, like the old Mordor depths of Dejnenol game. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2142391904/legacy-of-the-last-refuge-revenge-of-the-old-schoo . It also has a playable alpha version. Note that the first town is very work in progress and a lot of the buildings don't really work yet.

If there is a better place where I should have posted this please tell me. I have not really kept up with these forums.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2012, 09:11:58 am »

Hope this isn't the wrong place, but I just wanted to advertise the kickstarter of a mate of mine, who is horrible at promoting his own project. It is an old school rpg, like the old Mordor depths of Dejnenol game. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2142391904/legacy-of-the-last-refuge-revenge-of-the-old-schoo . It also has a playable alpha version. Note that the first town is very work in progress and a lot of the buildings don't really work yet.

If there is a better place where I should have posted this please tell me. I have not really kept up with these forums.
Huh... looks pretty decent for a kickstarter... why does the character sheet/screenshot have 2 sets of what looks like 'resistances'?

EDIT:
Tips for new Kickstarter people by Banner Saga/Stoic
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:18:50 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2012, 09:35:37 am »

I'm looking at the rewards for that, and... one DRM-free copy is pretty much the same thing as two DRM-free copies.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2012, 09:47:49 am »

All very good tips.

Particularly about which reward levels are popular:

The bars represent how many people backed, the values indicate the monetary percentage each bar represents.

Our $48 reward ($58 international) was the actual product itself, in all its physical glory.  $18/$22 was the digital-only version.

Raiel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2012, 10:39:44 am »

Huh... looks pretty decent for a kickstarter... why does the character sheet/screenshot have 2 sets of what looks like 'resistances'?

EDIT:

Thanks for pointing that out... it's a column of Resistances and a column of Damage... I thought that screenshot was more recent, with icons that more clearly depict each stat.

Also, those tips from Stoic seem to be dead-on... I wish that had been published a couple weeks earlier and I'd stumbled across it. Live and learn, I suppose.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2012, 10:47:59 am »

EDIT:

Thanks for pointing that out... it's a column of Resistances and a column of Damage... I thought that screenshot was more recent, with icons that more clearly depict each stat.

Also, those tips from Stoic seem to be dead-on... I wish that had been published a couple weeks earlier and I'd stumbled across it. Live and learn, I suppose.
Well, there is still more you can do from that list right now... marketing/updating.

Also, a question about the classes, class upgrade/change = genderbending?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Raiel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2012, 12:58:26 pm »

Not exactly genderbending, no.  You actually retire characters from your party and fill the slots with fresh recruits. Admittedly, the interface for doing so needs a LOT of work... but, well, UI is hard. ;)

Shardok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17:23 pm »

So, remember those Dwarfy dwarven miniatures? Missed them just ever so slightly? Or maybe you just don't know any game to use them in...

Behold! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2063410154/axes-and-anvils

Axes & Anvils, a dwarf themed pen and paper based RPG! You and some friends get together and go out to make it rich and make a name for your clan. But wait you say, I was slow and didn't get a chance to buy the miniatures... Don't fret, you can at least get a few of them through this kickstarter at different levels.

$60 pledge point gets one miniature added and $80 pledge point (or $60+upgrade of $40) gets a set of 6 miniatures of your choosing from the following options:

Mage, Berserker, Paladin, Cleric, Rogue, Mechanist, Necromancer, Bard, Druidess, Undead, Monk, Huntsman, Witch, Highwayman, Fallen King, Fighter (Female), Brewmaster or Miner.

And sadly the High King (and the 5 main clans) is already named, but with luck he will be High King Urist McUrist of the Urist Clan.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46