Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46

Author Topic: When Kickstarter Goes Right  (Read 92846 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter Goes Right
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2012, 02:56:14 pm »

they have a jabberwock model

THEY HAVE A JABBERWOCK MODEL

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2012, 11:54:56 am »

Thought that I'd update this - they're now up to 182 models for $100.

Despite the fact that I am both poor and haven't painted models in years, I may well have to chip into their Kickstarter, just because it's such a ridiculous amount of stuff.

They might even pull me in for an extra $40, because the rock elemental from their 'Forces of Nature' and Nethyrmaul the Undying both look awesome.

Quoting myself, but an update with 3 days left to go:

They're now up to 201 models and you can swap out Sophie for $25 worth of other stuff.

I'm currently flip-flopping turning that $25 into either:
Nethyrmaul
Forces of Nature + Frost Wyrm
Forces of Nature + Ice Giant King&Queen
or adding in $5 for
Forces of Nature + Hydra
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:57:19 am by AlStar »

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2012, 04:31:45 pm »

I'm tempted to swap out sophie for Nethyrmaul myself...
(already hoping to buy the hydra)
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

smokingwreckage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2012, 06:21:36 am »

North of 200 models, and a jabberwock, and a zombie dragon, and a hawt storm giant, and We Be Goblins, and THE ORCPOCALYPSE and.... my mind, it is blown.

I am in for significantly over the $125 (international postage is $25) and basically am buying every big monster I ever wanted, but couldn't get, because it was $60 or $70.

$10 for a beautiful dragon sculpt. -tears of joy -

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2012, 07:52:23 am »

99 Shades of Grey.  A book for people who like the color grey.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2012, 08:02:47 am »

I really hope this succeeds.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2012, 08:54:40 am »

I really hope this succeeds.

$3,654 pledged of $600 goal ;)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2012, 09:10:21 am »

Is that really enough to get a book printed?
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2012, 09:19:35 am »

If they go through lulu it's technically possible. And the more backers they get taking copies, the cheaper the print run will be. However, I don't believe this would fund an at-all adequate print run for people who aren't backers of this project -- basically, the only way to make sure you're ever going to have a chance to get a copy would be to back it in kickstarter form.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:34 am »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diamondsutra/tenra-bansho-zero-an-art-and-culture-rich-rpg-from

A Japanese tabletop roleplaying game translated to English..it has an awesome, one of a kind setting as well as unique gameplay. And tons and tons of beautiful art. It reached 100% funding in the first day, and is at like 500% funded at day 8. (Original goal was $9,000). Really awesome, and there is another translated Japanese roleplaying game, Golden Sky Stories, being Kickstarted after this one.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2012, 11:55:46 am »

I'm so sad I can't get a Jabberwock from the Reaper Miniatures thing unless I already pledge $100. I seriously can't afford that right now. Does anyone know how much the model will be in their store normally?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2012, 12:29:32 pm »

I love it when the people who make Kickstarter don't know how expencive some things are and offer rewards for donations that because of the rewards are worth even less.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2012, 12:31:26 pm »

I love it when the people who make Kickstarter don't know how expencive some things are and offer rewards for donations that because of the rewards are worth even less.

I'm having trouble parsing this sentence into anything meaningful (I follow up to the "and" and then can't figure out what point is being made).  Help?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2012, 01:34:02 pm »

He's saying he finds it funny when the rewards for a donation cost the developer so much they make the donation pretty much pointless.

You know, Kickstarter sometimes feels like buying future me a present. "Great job surviving for that whole year, here have a Wasteland 2". It's kinda trippy when I think about it...

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2012, 01:48:11 pm »

He's saying he finds it funny when the rewards for a donation cost the developer so much they make the donation pretty much pointless.

It depends.  For some things yes.  But if it costs $X to print off a copy of a book, giving it away for a donation of $Y (where X == Y, initially) isn't that bad of a deal when X drops as the number of copies rises.  Bookmarks, buttons, nick-nacks are essentially cost-less to create and ship (assuming you're already shipping something).

Miniatures?  Again, comes back to the fact that X drops rapidly as the number of orders goes up.  You might be paying $100 and getting $200 worth of minis, but it costs $50 to make.  Get twice as many people on board?  Now it costs $35 to make those minis: why not throw in an extra one or two (raising the cost back up to $50)?

You know, Kickstarter sometimes feels like buying future me a present. "Great job surviving for that whole year, here have a Wasteland 2". It's kinda trippy when I think about it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuolrxsyeoU
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46