Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 7: Didn't Get Better]  (Read 11557 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 5: Unfortunate Accidents]
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2012, 07:14:10 am »

Apologize promptly to the man, then get a shield on the ground or a weapon on the ground that is not being held by anyone in particular on our side, or as a soldier/guard or as any human military force.

In that order.

Preferably, a buckler for the shield and a bow+arrows for a weapon or a sling and some rocks.

:P

Do not panic.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:33:54 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 07:21:51 am »

get a shield on the ground or a weapon on the ground that is now being held by anyone in particular on our side, or as a soldier/guard or as any human military force.
((Are you sure you want to try to snatch another shield?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2012, 07:33:41 am »

get a shield on the ground or a weapon on the ground that is now being held by anyone in particular on our side, or as a soldier/guard or as any human military force.
((Are you sure you want to try to snatch another shield?))
((On the ground, yes.

Oh wait, the implications that may foretell...

Typo.

W and T are so far apart, yet my fingers manage to get them together.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2012, 08:18:39 am »

Punch myself in the face for exactly 1 HP worth of damage!  as hard as I can without killing myself!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:50:28 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2012, 08:19:53 am »

Also, I am fascinated to see what Toaster's come up with. :3
Punch myself in the face for exactly 1 HP worth of damage!

((Totally unexpected  :D))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2012, 08:38:39 am »

((Totally unexpected  :D))
((I am not amused. I considered it, but the problem about failing rolls and the possibility of the GM using a Contested Check just to screw with us prevented me from going further down that path.))
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:43:01 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2012, 10:49:54 am »

I expect horrible failure, since it falls under Tempting the GM.  I couldn't think of any other way of phrasing it though.

Actually, I just did.  Going to edit it now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2012, 08:51:36 pm »

Turn 6: Stabbed A Lot

Run for any large cover! 
[2] You hide behind the mob of peasants. Wait, that just means you're another peasant. Damn it!

[10+2] vs [7] A fishman shanks you in the gut with its spear.

+3 Dodging
-5 HP
+2 Max HP
Now Dying

Er, stabilise myself or something?
[1] You die. Well alright, technically you just get much worse.

[5] vs [9] Now you die.

Benjamin, Washerwoman has been struck down!

Nedenir takes the spear and starts to attack the closest fishman with it, keeping his shield up in case he needs to bash something.
You grab the spear and rush the nearest fishman.

[4-1+1] vs [6-1] You narrowly miss the wriggling fish.

[10+2] vs [5+1] He spears you just under the ribcage. You collapse into the mud.

Gained: Crude Fish-Spear, +1 Attack
+1 Dodging
-6 HP
+3 Max HP
Now Dying

Run to the battle and punch an armed fishman.
[5-1] vs [10-1] The fishman easily dodges your clumsy swipe, your battle against a tree evidently insufficient to prepare you for this.

[2+2] vs [9-1] It does apparently prepare you for dodging to the side of a fishman's spear, however. You're not really sure how that works.

+6 Dodging
Now Novice Dodger

Apologize promptly to the man, then get a shield on the ground or a weapon on the ground that is not being held by anyone in particular on our side, or as a soldier/guard or as any human military force.

In that order.

Preferably, a buckler for the shield and a bow+arrows for a weapon or a sling and some rocks.

:P

Do not panic.
[5] You successfully apologize to the man, who admits that it's an easy mistake to make.

[6] You grab a thick, abandoned tower shield. Alright, this might be a chunk of palisade that's been broken off somehow.

Gained: Palisade Chunk, -5 Attack, +3 Defense

Punch myself in the face for exactly 1 HP worth of damage!  as hard as I can without killing myself!
[7-1] vs [2-1] You whallop yourself in the face like a true professional, landing comically on the ground.

[4] No hungry jackals, miffed guards, or careless ogres come to eat, stab, and/or trample you to death. This time.

-5 HP (Nonlethal)
Now unconscious

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thoughts so far:

My current d10 experience setup is somewhat hard to track. I'm thinking about switching to everything 6+ giving 2 exp and everything 5- giving 0. This would make xp gain less swingy, as well as making it harder to gain experience out of a roll where you've got a net advantage over your opponent. Specifically, your gain would be halved at +1 over your enemy and impossible at +2. Given how large some of these modifiers are, I'm not sure I want to do something like that.

In other news, it obviously should not be possible to gain HP EXP by punching yourself in the face outside of combat, but I'd like to see how this goes for now. Plus, y'know, it's not like the game is fair to begin with, so a certain amount of cheating is to be expected.

Finally, it seems that there's nobody on the waitlist, meaning lawastooshort can jump straight from death to living again. D:
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 6: Stabbed A Lot]
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2012, 09:12:21 pm »

Name:Terrance Clarence

Description:Terrance has a full black beard and mustache, as well as a prominent forehead. He has pale skin.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2012, 09:31:30 pm »

I, for one, find the erratic xp growth rates amusing.

Punch the fishman again. Ask it to stand still first.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:33:32 pm by Nirur Torir »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2012, 09:32:59 pm »

Stabilise myself.

And waitlist as Athelos Adaros, since it seems I am dying this turn. Same thing as the last sheepdog peasant, just younger.

((...And why is Toaster's damage non-lethal? Ah damn, if I knew it was legal I would have done it myself. My damage is lethal and will have to avoid those "you were seen and attacked!" rolls.

Edit: Oh wait, he gained no HP from that. At least I think/hope so.

Edit2: We'll have at least fifty bodies until someone makes it to 10 HP. And I am being optimistic.))
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:43:46 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »

Waitlist me!

Name : Notto Rotten
Latrine Cleaner, 2nd class

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2012, 09:48:12 pm »

((...And why is Toaster's damage non-lethal? Ah damn, if I knew it was legal I would have done it myself. My damage is lethal and will have to avoid those "you were seen and attacked!" rolls.

Edit: Oh wait, he gained no HP from that. At least I think/hope so.))
He did, though in an "actual" game I'd probably halve the exp gain for being nonlethal and either halve it again or have it not count at all for being out of combat. Not that he's completely safe where he is, mind you...

As for being nonlethal, because he merely punched himself. If you were punched out by a fishman, it'd probably be nonlethal as well.

Also, waitlisters added. Including Caellath.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2012, 11:35:57 pm »

That's not the only thing I wanted to try, but it's the first.  It went rather better than expected.

Really, the first point of damage is the most important, since beyond that you can gain XP in HP without getting knocked out/badly injured/instagibbed.  I do agree that in an actual game that specific move shouldn't work.  Given the circumstances, it'd be hilarious if a guard came by, thought I was dead, and threw me into a catapult as ammo.

IF I can recover from this, I'll try more things.  I expect them to go badly.

Speaking of recovery, Try to recover!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2012, 12:50:41 am »

Stabilise self, try to crawl away.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8