Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wepeon decoration  (Read 2558 times)

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
wepeon decoration
« on: April 29, 2012, 03:36:13 pm »

now this may seem like a stupid squestion but how do you decorate a wepeon and or armor and what do you need to do it if its possible then  how do you read what its decorated with and whats the most decorated armor set or wepeon you own
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:56:14 pm by eltheon »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: wepeon decoration
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 04:07:45 pm »

You cannot decorate items in adventure mode.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 04:09:07 pm »

You cannot decorate items in adventure mode.
DAMN

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 04:09:59 pm »

Wanderer's friend mods it in however.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 04:35:29 pm »

Yes, use mods.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 05:13:11 pm »

idk how to mod X.X

Urist McDonalds

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 12:22:27 pm »

He's not asking you to mod, he's asking you to use one.

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 04:35:01 pm »

If you want it to be just like vanilla use Wanderers friend, if you want a biger mod go for Deons genesis or post-apocalipse.

Off topic: You seriously don't know how to mod DF? Not at all? Well, Deon's mods are pre-installed, just download and play!

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 05:51:28 pm »

If you want it to be just like vanilla use Wanderers friend, if you want a biger mod go for Deons genesis or post-apocalipse.

Off topic: You seriously don't know how to mod DF? Not at all? Well, Deon's mods are pre-installed, just download and play!
yea im kinda bad at it i get confused and give up lol whre can i find this? and is it easy to download?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 08:09:55 pm »

Wanderer's friend is available here and has instructions for how to install it in the readme. Deon's Genesis mod is available here and (assuming you use windows!) is already pre-installed.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 12:24:54 am »

If wanderer's friend is too resource/tool/micromanagement demanding to you, as it is for me (it also conflicts heavily with my own modding habits. I never fully implement complete overhauls like genesis or mods that modify creature files because of the incompatibilities.), I have a few stripped-down reactions from it here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These only require 1-2 reagents each, and no tools. I also fleshed out the item decorations so you can specify what form of decoration you wish to apply (spikes, hanging rings, etc.) The mineral foraging isn't exactly in working order quite yet, nor does it really make any sense or have any specific use. I also haven't updated it in forever, but at least they work to produce/decorate gear for you.

To install, copy the contents of that code tag (which is in the spoiler) into a text file named Reaction_adventure_new, and place the text file in your [df directory]/raw/objects folder. Then generate a world and enjoy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 07:55:13 pm »

It seems slightly odd that no matter how much you decorate your weapon, it's weight never increases. I have an adventurer who's sword has 2-3 PAGES of decorations, and it still weighs the same. But Dwarf Fortress does weirder stuff.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 12:08:27 am »

It seems slightly odd that no matter how much you decorate your weapon, it's weight never increases. I have an adventurer who's sword has 2-3 PAGES of decorations, and it still weighs the same. But Dwarf Fortress does weirder stuff.

You should imagine it has roughly the same properties as a cage. Cages can hold a near infinite amount of creatures i have not checked yet to see if the weight increases as you stuff more in there but thats !!SCIENCE!! i never really played with that. To scared to kill every dwarf in the fort.
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!