Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How Do I Know if I'm a Vampire?  (Read 4823 times)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
How Do I Know if I'm a Vampire?
« on: April 29, 2012, 12:41:13 pm »

Title pretty much says it all. I killed one and drank its blood, but I don't see anything immediately telling me I'm a soulless night creature now. How do I figure it out before walking into a necromancer tower?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: How Do I Know if I'm a Vampire?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »

There should be a red skull(mayday) on the bottom of the screen, above the 'thirsty' thing. Also, when you walk to a sleeping fellow, when you press e (eat/drink) you should have 'Suck JohnMcUnlucky's blood' option.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:58:28 pm »

your a vampire if you kill one drink there blood have a red skull at the bottom left of your screen you never get hungry everyone randomly hates you for no reason sometimes and if youv aquried god powers in combat i.e you cant die

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 10:33:54 am »

Look at your weapon, it will list you as a vampire in the "kills by" thing at the bottom of you are one.
If you're not, this may be a bug. See: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106465.msg3160764#msg3160764

weedeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 03:49:22 pm »

I believe that there is a bug involving the blood of a vampire not being infected if he/she does not introduce themselves to you (prepare to die, etc.) and also that other non-vampire NPCs will reply to your night creature accusations if they are infected with werebeast syndrome, essentially giving you a "false positive" in dialogue.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 04:21:01 pm »

I believe that there is a bug involving the blood of a vampire not being infected if he/she does not introduce themselves to you (prepare to die, etc.) and also that other non-vampire NPCs will reply to your night creature accusations if they are infected with werebeast syndrome, essentially giving you a "false positive" in dialogue.

That bug would explain why my latest attempt at gaining vampirism failed. I found a legendary spearman in a town, wearing a human nail necklace, and instead of killing him I thought it would be fun to have a vampire compation on my quest to do good deeds. When he got shot by an arrow, I licked it clean, and when he died I licked his corpse all over to no avail.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 06:01:21 pm »

That bug would explain why my latest attempt at gaining vampirism failed. I found a legendary spearman in a town, wearing a human nail necklace, and instead of killing him I thought it would be fun to have a vampire compation on my quest to do good deeds. When he got shot by an arrow, I licked it clean, and when he died I licked his corpse all over to no avail.

Yea... you go ahead and keep... uh... licking those dead people.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Sparkle_Motion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 07:43:23 pm »

Yea... you go ahead and keep... uh... licking those dead people.

It's Dwarf Fortress. I'd be disappointed if there was no random licking of objects involved.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 10:34:37 pm »

A single necklace doesn't make him a vampire.  Check legends, see if he really was one.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:45:58 pm »

A single necklace doesn't make him a vampire.  Check legends, see if he really was one.
This. Humans are okay with making trophies out of sentient creatures, including other humans killed during battle, duels, or any other such event. I've found multiple high priests and other people with lofty ranks wearing human bone jewelry while not being a vampire.