Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: Torchlight 2  (Read 74225 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight 2
« Reply #285 on: September 28, 2012, 09:11:23 am »

The Minecraft dungeon is really small, really only about what you see in that screenshot. It appears in the third act (after the desert act) and I believe it appears in the Sundered Battleground zone.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2012, 07:11:48 pm »

The Minecraft dungeon is really small, really only about what you see in that screenshot. It appears in the third act (after the desert act) and I believe it appears in the Sundered Battleground zone.

That is all correct, yes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 28, 2012, 07:37:09 pm »

Question: has anyone here managed to run this in wine? If so: how's the performance?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 01, 2012, 02:27:19 am »

Finally beat the story mode, and...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, funny thing about armor sets that require rings.  A second duplicate ring adds to the set bonus.  I got the full Dwarfking set without the amulet 'cause I found another Dwarfking ring.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:32:05 am by Euld »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 01, 2012, 06:37:27 am »

Yeah, the story's pretty crap. Almost as crap as Diablo 3's story. But I suppose it doesn't really matter, I have yet to play an aRPG with a good story.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 02, 2013, 07:40:57 pm »

NECROPOST

I haven't seen it anywhere else, so I figure I'd notify the thread: Torchlight 2 got a massive update and now has some new content as well as the GUTS editor and Steam Workshop capability! There's some awesome mods on there already, but I think we know the most important part of this already.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2013, 08:57:45 am »

Ah... a grass mud horse. Nice.  :P

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #292 on: April 03, 2013, 09:25:35 am »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 03, 2013, 08:25:46 pm »

Well firstly, no amount of apaccas will get me give up my pet, 'LaserCat'

Secondly, anyone with a low-mid 30s characters playing?

And Thirdly, anyone have any armor in the 'Wazir' set? Im a bit of a set whore, I collect sets really and phase them out when I get too high levelled, right now im looking for Wazir, Ezohir, and Ironlord, although I only need 1 more item to complete my Grundig's Bastion set, anything from the sigil set would be nice too. For those interested ive got some janissary stuff and would be willing to depart with some... i forget the name, but ive got some stuff to trade.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 03, 2013, 09:27:18 pm »

I have a necromancer cat, but alpaca pet makes me want to roll a new character. It'd be pretty fun to run around with a dps alpaca.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 03, 2013, 10:11:44 pm »

I just got this with a few friends and we're going to spend a little while playing it together, but in multiple sessions. Is there a way to save a MP world.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 04, 2013, 12:02:39 am »

I think the world will save on whoever hosts the game.  You won't be able to load into the exact spot you left from (as you can in single player) and will have to rely on waypoints to get back where you were.  There is an option in LAN games (presumably with internet games as well) to re-roll the world when creating the game.  Obviously you'd not want to enable that if you want to return to the same world each time.

I'd guess you just need to make sure you have the same person host the game each session and it'll keep your progress.  I've never tried it though, but I do routinely play by myself in a LAN game so that I can increase the difficulty (I set it too low when I made my first character).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 04, 2013, 12:13:52 am »

The game keeps track of the stuff you've done, though, so even if you have to make a new world it's not exactly a big time sink to get to the same things.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 04, 2013, 12:37:03 am »

I've done plenty of multi-session lan play, and the world does save entirely, unless you manually reset it.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 12, 2013, 10:48:22 pm »

I'm playing on veteran Engineer, so far so good, no trouble killing everything (a bit of work, yes), but I just met one of those Champion one-armed blighty guys... and it has freaking Health Regen. The thing is basically unkillable. Any champion so far I've had to hit and watch its health bar go down like one pixel per 5 seconds or so, but this one heals faster than I can damage it.

Any tips?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out the thing was ridiculously weak vs kamikaze zombies and spider mines.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:54:16 pm by Sergius »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21