Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Torchlight 2  (Read 74281 times)

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight 2
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2012, 06:14:32 am »

So who wants to share a four pack?
Sure. How would that go about, though?

Well one of us would buy the pack and then the other three would paypal him the money of each game

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2012, 12:36:45 pm »

So who wants to share a four pack?
Sure. How would that go about, though?

Well one of us would buy the pack and then the other three would paypal him the money of each game
Hmm... Sounds good. Except I've no idea how one Paypals money to another individual.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »

If you already have a paypal account, you just use the "send money" feature and input the email address of the receiver.  I also know that Paypal will accept money from non-paypal bank accounts, but the only way I know to do that is when purchasing something, I haven't looked much into how to just request money off someone.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2012, 02:15:26 pm »

Just checked; it's allowing me to pay directly off of a credit card. Not going to go much further past the first page since I don't want to accidentally send 15$ to some random person in my history, but there does appear to be a 74c surcharge, at least for me. (Visible when you say it's a gift-- when you say it's a purchase, I believe the seller foots the bill which would be just plain unfair...)

(This is an account that is NOT linked to a bank account, but has been verified via the credit card statement code I believe.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2012, 02:20:00 pm »

Yeah, I seem to recall that you can use credit cards through PayPal like that. I don't have the funds in plastic to afford a 4-pack on my own, but I'd be happy to be one of the three chippers-in.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2012, 02:36:36 pm »

Well, that's convenient. There's exactly four of us who've expressed interest in sharing a 4-pack so far. Now we have the headache of coordinating! I'd nominate webadict being the one to purchase and distribute on the grounds that they have the longest post history and the rest of us seem to know how to send cash through PayPal already. (Assuming they're open to that idea.)
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2012, 02:38:41 pm »

If that's all right with everyone, yeah. I trust webadict.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2012, 02:39:34 pm »

Perhaps we should formulate a new thread?  People who get TL2 will get TL1 for free right now, so we could spread the love a bit and give TL1 to people on B12 to encourage TL2 purchases.

I got TL1 from Hemmingjay, and then I also won Hemmingjay's giveaway and got TL2 + Another TL1, but I gave that to a friend to try and convince her to get TL2.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2012, 02:47:51 pm »

Since we're off-handedly asking Torchlight 1 questions here instead of starting a new thread, I haven't been able to get the game to start lately. I've tried:

-Deleting the game's files from Steam, restarting, reinstalling it afterwards, restarting
-Verifying the game files via Steam
-Deleting my runic games folder, mods and everything, then reinstalling
-Uninstalling, removing everything related to Runic Games and Torchlight in the registry, reinstalling
-Disabling the Steam overlay, disabling the Steam cloud connection in Torchlight's settings

No matter what I do, any attempt to start it gets me past the Steam is preparing the game popup successfully... but then not even the normal loading splash screen comes up. Nothing in task manager. As far as I'm aware, Torchlight isn't even trying to start.

Anyone have some more ideas for me to try?

EDIT: Never mind, it decided to work on the seventh reinstall. For no reason.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:13:23 pm by freeformschooler »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2012, 04:30:04 pm »

Well, that's convenient. There's exactly four of us who've expressed interest in sharing a 4-pack so far. Now we have the headache of coordinating! I'd nominate webadict being the one to purchase and distribute on the grounds that they have the longest post history and the rest of us seem to know how to send cash through PayPal already. (Assuming they're open to that idea.)
Alright.

Since it's $60, that'll be $15 each then. So, how does this work? I can use Paypal on Steam, so I assume that I get the money and then use Paypal to get the game (I've never used Paypal through Steam, and especially never had any sort of credit stored up, so a bit of knowledge in that regard would be nice). Do you all just PM me your Steam account (probably should link it, too, so I don't accidentally send it to Norway or Oregon) and I PM you my Paypal?

I also only promise to spend your money on cool things like hats.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2012, 04:36:30 pm »

1: You get them to send you money via Paypal.
2: When you've accrued $60, go onto Steam.
3: Select the "Pay with Paypal" option - this will very simply ask for your Paypal account name and password.
4: You now have 4x copies of Torchlight 2.
5: Select "Send as Gift" and input send one to the other three.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2012, 06:21:00 pm »

3: Select the "Pay with Paypal" option - this will very simply ask for your Paypal account name and password.
Right, but the problem arises when I don't have it stored all as paypal credit. Will it take it from my card information stored on Paypal? Or do I have to make odd purchase numbers before that? I suppose figuring it out as I go will be easy enough. (I could add the $15 to my own, I suppose)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2012, 06:32:03 pm »

If you have external funding [like a credit card or bank account] attached, you usually have the option to apply any PayPal account assets then making up the difference from the external source.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2012, 06:44:17 pm »

I'd find it easiest just to "pay yourself" the $15 and then do it all on Paypal.  Linking up an account can take a few days - then again the game isn't out yet, so it won't hurt to wait or anything.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2012, 07:34:15 pm »

Right, but the problem arises when I don't have it stored all as paypal credit. Will it take it from my card information stored on Paypal? Or do I have to make odd purchase numbers before that? I suppose figuring it out as I go will be easy enough. (I could add the $15 to my own, I suppose)

If we send you $15 each, you will have $45, if you try to buy the 4 pack then, it will use $45 from your paypal balance and the last $15 from whatever you want (your bank account, credit card, etc).
Oh, and you can't add funds to your paypal balance through credit card afaik, only using a bank account.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:56:38 pm by Nistenf »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21