Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Torchlight 2  (Read 74237 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight 2
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2012, 01:05:30 am »

Not really anything, I never use them.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2012, 03:51:38 am »

I had an awesome summoner build in TL1 with skeletons summoning spells.

Back to TL2, some info about spells:
-there are a lot of nice passive spells. Especially ones which give mastery in weapons or armors, mana regen, +xp, etc...
-near the end of Act2, you can unlock a rare/spells vendor.
-you can transmute two spells into a random one.

For the moment, I'm using a +xp one, another passive one which gives better prices (buying or selling) and one for elemental protection (+33 to all elemental resistance). And I'm happy that the vendor sold me a Heal All for my pet. :)

I'm just sad that I don't drop a lot of spell scrolls.

Edit: For fun, my char:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:12:50 am by Meta »
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2012, 05:11:24 am »

With talk of builds circulating now, I'm surprised there's been no mention of Shadow Burst for the berserker.  It makes him near impossible to kill.  It's an instant get-out-of-anything free card that costs very little mana, deals weapon-based area damage, and heals you significantly in the process.  I've only played two characters so far:  an engineer for playing with my wife and kid, and my elite hardcore berserker.  I just cleared all the Temple Steppes quests with him and will go down to fight Grell next session.  So far every boss fight has been focus boss, shadow burst twice upon taking damage, focus bos, repeat until dead.  If the damage is too scary, it's focus boss with shotgun, shadow burst to other side when boss/minions get close, focus boss with shotgun.  Besides Shadow Burst, I'm just building lots of passives for frequent executes/frenzies and massive healing during frenzies.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2012, 05:54:37 am »

Is anyone else finding the engineer class ridiculously OP? Combine Aegis of Fate with Forcefield and you're literally invincinble against everything that can't one hit your shield.

EDIT: This, plus a hand cannon with Blast Cannon. Stand still, hold right mouse button until no more enemies.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:00:59 am by Chattox »
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2012, 06:06:42 am »

For some reason my new Engineer character gets terrible framerate issues, while my Embermage had no problems at all the entire playthrough. :/

Also, does anyone know how New Game Plus Works? The dialog window mentions not being able to play characters that aren't in the same 'New Game Plus' tier, but I have no idea how to interpret that.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2012, 06:11:32 am »

For some reason my new Engineer character gets terrible framerate issues, while my Embermage had no problems at all the entire playthrough. :/

Also, does anyone know how New Game Plus Works? The dialog window mentions not being able to play characters that aren't in the same 'New Game Plus' tier, but I have no idea how to interpret that.

Going off "New Game Plus tier", I would guess that the tier is how many times the character has been through NG+? eg: someone who is on the first NG+ is tier 1, once you finish the game on that and go round again, tier 2, and so on. Just speculating, though.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2012, 09:45:35 am »

I knew that. I'm wondering about the bit that says you can't play characters that aren't in the same tier.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2012, 09:57:03 am »

I knew that. I'm wondering about the bit that says you can't play characters that aren't in the same tier.

Because the level difference would be colossal? It'd either be super easy for one person, or impossibly hard for the other.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2012, 10:24:08 am »

Yeah, and that's already a problem even before you get to NG+.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2012, 10:28:30 am »

I don't have the exact wording of the dialog window readily available, but it seems to be worded badly. It doesn't explicitly state that you can't play with other people's characters of a different NG+ tier, just that you can't play with other characters. Which is confusing.  Makes a lot more sense when read from the multiplayer perspective.

Also, some dungeons have floating green ghost forks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2012, 10:42:44 am »

Incidentally, Kael, I've got a scroll of summon skeleton archers III (that's the one that summons five of them), and another one that I don't really remember. But they aren't terribly hard to find; I usually get 5 or 6 from each phase portal challenge I do.

3. Run Resize Enable

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2012, 11:07:47 am »

Still paying good money for em. The RNG hates me, even though I've done a bunch of phase beasting.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2012, 12:32:12 pm »

It'll depend in part on whether we can even connect. :|

On another note, thanks to a fortuitous combination of gear, spells, and ember, I've got 30 hp/s and 11 mp/s regen. Plus another [something] hp/hit leech to me from one of my pet's tags. That's something like 35 seconds to completely regen from 1 hp, and around 18 seconds to fully regen my MP with no pots in either case. As a glass cannon. Sometimes I feel like everything in this game is OP.

3. Run Resize Enable

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2012, 07:12:10 pm »

Took the plunge on this today, after several days of arduous internal debate. Will have to play some MP with the B12 group at some point.

DemonOfWrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2012, 11:21:17 pm »

Ok whoever designed a lot of this game must have had their baby eaten by a Hunter in WoW or something, as there seems to be a pathological hatred of ranged glass cannons evident in a lot of encounters. Fighting Cacklespit at the moment and honestly her 'circle of fetishes' spell is flat out impossible to live through and I can't even be bothered trying to survive it anymore, I just let the death come then resume the fight.

For those who haven't gotten to there, it surrounds a small circle with ~20 reasonably tough dudes who have weak ranged attacks. I can survive it in isolation, as I'd hit my reflect skill to halve the damage coming, then hit a health pot and then try to break my way out, but in the context of the fight, where there's a big slow golem that 2-shots me and the boss that throws some rather powerful semi-homing spells at me, in addition to whatever ranged mobs are around? Not a chance in hell.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21