Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Torchlight 2  (Read 74235 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight 2
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2012, 12:39:05 pm »

I got into a glass-cannon embermage, though I'm not mucking about with this ice-teleport nonsense.  I've invested into that crazy melee warp skill.  When enemies attack me, they teleport away, take some damage, and get stunned.  Following with my crazy "five seeking lasers of death" it doesn't matter where they teleport to, they still get hit.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2012, 12:42:48 pm »

Oh, that, yes. I've got a couple points in it as well. The main reason for the ice-port is for when I get swarmed by dozens of vermin enemies. Or need to dodge a boss attack.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2012, 01:57:35 pm »

So if anyone else is insane enough, I'm currently in an act 1 elite game, name: bay12 - password: dwarf.

The usual.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2012, 02:10:48 pm »

Some guys (including me) from DFC chat are playing right now, also on elite. Name: DFC pass: dwarf

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2012, 02:22:29 pm »

I feel I won't be playing this on Hardcore Elite any time soon O_o

A boss hit me for 1800 damage. At the time, I had a max health of 1500.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2012, 07:47:46 pm »

I started the game as an embermage, as I was saving starting a berserker to play with friends and family, but after I started said berserker i've been playing single player and catching up. In the middle of act 2 with my embermage, just started act 2 with my berserker, and I plan on beating the game with the berserker.

Problem is, having played so much of the stuff already, when I play as the berserker I want to skip through all the dialogue because I've already heard it, but at the same time I want to get immersed in the game with the berserker. It's a dilemma. I think what I'll need to do is take a break for a little while, even though it's the last thing I want to do...

Or I could start an engineer and play act 1 AGAIN!!!!!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 22, 2012, 08:01:43 pm »

Oh wow, finally playing an Engineer. I love how they have a shield tree. I've been wearing shields with all my other characters for no reason except I like them.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 22, 2012, 08:09:40 pm »

One problem I have with shields is that you can't use one shield for two different weapon sets. It seems silly that I need separate shields for my mace and my pistol.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 22, 2012, 10:15:42 pm »

When I have more time I'd like to share great Elite builds. So far I have two that are constantly underleveled and still making good progress-

Technically I should do the Diablo method and grind some high exp areas but I'm too lazy for that at the moment.

May I just say though, stacking mana per second regen is about the most broken thing in the world. Allows you to spam ALL your abilities ALL the time.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2012, 12:21:52 am »

May I just say though, stacking mana per second regen is about the most broken thing in the world. Allows you to spam ALL your abilities ALL the time.
This. This so much. I've got something like +12 MP regen/s on my embermage, and I can spam those lines of ice spikes enough to kill just about anything. Don't even need anything else except ice-port to back up from bosses that can soak the damage from it long enough to close. That spell is possibly one of the most broken in the game, especially once you get to the first tier bonus and if you have a couple ranks in the Ice Glyph (or whatever it is); you can get pretty much anything stuck in a freeze damage cycle by continually refreezing it. Not to mention that even with the T1 triple-line bonus you can fill half the screen, and the lines rebound off of walls, so in tight quarters a single cast can get a lot of rebound strikes. I don't even want to imagine what it'll be like at T3.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2012, 12:28:01 am »

I think embermage is just plain OP in general, because shooting homing lasers that do everything just kills everyone.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2012, 12:51:49 am »

Also, I really need some spell scrolls, so if anyone wants to make stupid money, I'll buy pretty much any of them off of you.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2012, 12:58:01 am »

I have two, but they're pretty shitty.

One heals you a small amount, the other breaks all nearby pots.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2012, 01:03:28 am »

how much do you want for them? I have 4 guys to equip.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 23, 2012, 01:05:21 am »

Ah spell scrolls. I'm enjoying one that summons exploding zombies. Coupled with Spider Mines and general Engineer class = So many explosions!
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21