Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Torchlight 2  (Read 74277 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight 2
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2012, 08:53:20 pm »

Baldur's Gate remake on the 18th.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:09 pm »

It only took them FOREVER to declare a date.  Really bad form here, taking money for a game that isn't finished yet and not letting anyone in the public know about anything.  That's understandable on places like Kickstarter and Desura, where you know you're dealing with uncoordinated indie devs, but Steam is generally reserved for people who have got their shit together and are ready to do a serious business release.  Doing pre-release sales 3-4 months in advance with no release date given until NOW?

Well, I'd be more dissentful if I hadn't gotten the game for free.  Bless Hemmingjay and his curiously lucrative giveaways.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2012, 11:27:27 pm »

I paid for Torchlight II ages ago. I'd rather them have the time to iron out the bugs before they release it at the cost of the time value of money that I lost on that money. 3-4 months to me is reasonable for a development studio their size. Plus they have proven their worth when they did Torchlight.

Should this be the case with Blizzard, I'd say screw them.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2012, 11:39:45 pm »

I paid for Torchlight II ages ago. I'd rather them have the time to iron out the bugs before they release it at the cost of the time value of money that I lost on that money. 3-4 months to me is reasonable for a development studio their size. Plus they have proven their worth when they did Torchlight.
Took the words from my mouth.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2012, 12:39:48 am »

Also from playing the beta I think the games worth way more then 20 bucks and you get the first one when you buy it so it not like you got nothing when you pre ordered it.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2012, 04:42:46 am »

Well, I'd be more dissentful if I hadn't gotten the game for free.  Bless Hemmingjay and his curiously lucrative giveaways.
*free Torchlight 2 five*
Got mine as a birthday gift. In June.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2012, 10:41:40 am »

It only took them FOREVER to declare a date.
[...]
They did say the 15th July that TL2 would be out before summer ends. The preorder was available in May, so it only took them TWO MONTHS to declare a release target, which became, in fine, the release date.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2012, 01:41:12 pm »

I don't really care, 2012 has been an amazing year for games. I've got plenty of schoolwork and games and real life things to keep me occupied until release.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2012, 01:46:56 pm »

*free Torchlight 2 five*
Got mine as a birthday gift. In June.
*takes part in free Torchlight 2 five*
Don't remember when I got it, but it wasn't too long ago.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2012, 02:36:36 pm »

I have been feeling so awkward about the delayed release because for some odd reason I feel responsible for the 10 copies I gave out months ago. I am also getting concerned now. This overwrought tweaking usually messes up more than it fixes. I played the beta some time ago and mostly the issues were minor technical ones. Since then they claim to have finished the final act and spent the rest of this time making adjustments. That's concerning. I for one did not expect a masterpiece, just a fun casual arpg, so I have no idea why they are going all in.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2012, 03:15:11 pm »

hemmingjay, did you read their "Not A Blog" posts on their forum? They explained quite well why they delayed the release, what they were doing and why.

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=32284&sid=2179ecd52d758bfdc34a7a492db0fe27
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2012, 03:41:58 pm »

Indeed, there's been an excellent forum-blog series on the details of their development. It's worth a read.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2012, 07:52:16 am »

This is a really classy, classy move from Runic: the entire soundtrack of TL2 is available as a free download on their site!

http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/09/18/the-torchlight-ii-soundtrack/

Enjoy! :D

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2012, 12:17:23 pm »

Ahem... Torchlight 2 has just been released, bring party hats  :P
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2012, 12:28:36 pm »

Good luck making an account to play online though!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21