Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Won't use barrels  (Read 3674 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Won't use barrels
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 07:00:57 am »

I've never noticed a workshop that needs a barrel to construct, maybe it was someones mod?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 07:11:20 am »

soap maker I think.

edit:
yes, soap maker, checked the wiki.
edit2:
which means you never made soap. Dirty dwarf fortress.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:13:59 am by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 07:15:15 am »

Hah, yeah hospitals are for humans :P
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 07:18:53 am »

Thanks for all the help. I never did find out what the problem was there was no locked doors or forbidden routes in the way. Perhaps they were marked for use by someone else who took a VERY long time to get to them. I'm now almost exclusively using rock pots, my fortress is pitifully small so the delay in moving pots around due to the extra weight is not noticeable.

Could they have simply been forbidden?
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 08:21:19 am »

Sure you can. Get two legendary stonecrafters, tell them to make rock pots to the moon, and then forget about them.

Had to dig out a new furniture stockpile, their workshops got ever so cluttered...
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

BirdofPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 12:39:11 pm »

Don't you have to glaze rock pots to use them for booze?

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 02:24:30 pm »

Don't you have to glaze rock pots to use them for booze?

You might be thinking of clay pots.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 03:26:10 pm »

soap maker I think.

edit:
yes, soap maker, checked the wiki.

Soap maker's workshop uses a bucket, not a barrel.  The Dyer's shop and Ashery use barrels.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

jclark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jclark.org/weblog/
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 11:44:03 am »

This can also be caused by user error, if you are using advanced stockpile management.

I was having this same problem.  It wasn't pathing... my furniture stockpiles were in the same room as the still.  It wasn't that existing barrels were scheduled for use - they didn't appear as tasked when loo(K)ing.  I made some pots... same result.  Gahhhhh!

Then, it hit me.

I was trying to be clever.  I had built a stockpile that could only hold strawberries and longland grass (two plants I had in abundance), set it to take from my other food stockpiles, and to give to my still.  But! Once a stockpile gives to a workshop (or still, etc), that workshop will *only* take from that stockpile.  Urist McBrewer needed a food container, but he couldn't find one in my strawberry/longland grass stockpile!  I set my furniture stockpiles to each give to the still as well, and problem solved!
warf Fortress 0.27.176.38c on Mac OS X 10.4.11 PPC (Woohoo!)
Pages: 1 [2]