Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Set-Dwarf passable doors  (Read 731 times)

Alpha-9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Set-Dwarf passable doors
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:53:52 pm »

To be able to make a door only passable for a certain dwarf, that way your dwarfs can ensure noone else goes in their rooms, and you could lock them in and have dedicated dwarfs that are allowed to go out the fortress to get supplies

rite?

Also a Foreign Minister to control immigration policy, immigration gets silly at times  :-\

CandyOreVein

• Bay Watcher
  • [RELEASESCLOWNS_TRUE]
    • View Profile
Re: Set-Dwarf passable doors
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:37:33 pm »

I have a "Wrong Turn" style fort. With only 1 dwarf. Anyone who comes to the fort gets killed and "eaten" (me releaseing good food as the corpse is dumped into magma). It's pretty fun. Game needs cannabalisum so I can make this for real.
Urist McNeedsToPullLever cancles pull lever. Enemy we where trying to keep out scared him.

Gitaxias

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOSHAME]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:56:39 pm »

I had a similar idea. Restricted zones, with 3 options: military only, nobles and visiting dignitaries only, and specified dwarves only. I realized this might be a good idea after I almost got tantrum-spiraled since Urist McLooter, Kivish McCorpsehauler and Monom McWoodcutter all got themselves killed running around on the surface in the middle of a 2-squad gobbo ambush.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 05:46:40 am »

I guess these problems are intended to be solved with burrows.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:02:06 am »

I'm pretty sure this falls foul of the pathing system; I can't be certain without an exact quote, but from memory all entities use the same pathfinding map. If you have a door passable to just a single dwarf, all the other dwarves will keep walking into it (repeatedly if it's the sole way through). Basically, it would be just like keeping doors closed to pets.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.