Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Space Marine RTD: Turn 4 - The War Begins, and Traitors Arise  (Read 13916 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Marine RTD: Turn 1- The Beginning of the End
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2012, 02:47:35 pm »

Hammerhand
Canticle of Absolution

These seem okay?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2012, 02:52:31 pm »

They seem great!

Especially if you take in account he is a newbie with no fellow grey knights around >.>
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2012, 04:31:00 pm »

Get in my ship while singing hymms to the Machine God.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2012, 10:53:15 pm »

Head to the assault shuttles.
Get in my ship while singing hymms to the Machine God.

((I take it, you two won't be requesting any of your retinue with heavy weapons? Alright then.))

Galad looks at the man once more, deciding a different arrangement.

"Change of plans. I'd like one of my men to be armed with a Melta Gun and a single fuel tank. Lasguns won't hold against much of these filth, blessed though they are."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2012, 10:58:56 pm »

Atero passed his eyes over his retinue. The Quartermaster should equip those men better, for a strike upon the enemy's heart should be sure and swift.

"I would desire one of the men accompanying me, preferentially a Stormtrooper, to be given a Melta Gun and one tank of fuel. If there are krak grenades to spare, it would be pleasant if they also could be given to these men."

He patiently waits for the time of  the assault.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2012, 04:04:38 pm »

((Starting work on turn now, much talking shall ensue.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Space Marine RTD: Turn 2 - Jittery Soldier, and Angry Quartermaster
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2012, 05:46:33 pm »

Turn 2 - Jittery Soldier, and Angry Quartermaster
Aterp Mattariel (Caellath)
Following the others out of the elevatus after the short trip down to the hangar you find a massive chamber, adorned with only the bare minimums required of it, you barely recognize the room as a former armory as you see numerous lockers, and munitions crates scattered around the room intermingled with ships, and people of all kinds. You watch as your ally requests gear from the Quartermaster, which is replied to by a cold stare from the balding brown robed man. You walk up to the man after your ally is done with that, and speak to him,
"I would desire one of the men accompanying me, preferentially a Stormtrooper, to be given a Melta Gun and one tank of fuel. If there are krak grenades to spare, it would be pleasant if they also could be given to these men."
He greets you with a much better attitude then then your Brother.

"There is a set of equipment over by the Ram go pick that up, and get ready for your mission." You give him a slight nod, and head over towards the Ram. When you arrive at the set of gear you find that instead of lasguns you find two Lucius Pattern Mk22c Combat Shotgun with Flak Slabs to support the fighting style. Alongside those you also find the Melta Gun you were looking for, and much to your surprise, a Heavy Bolter with tripod for another of your men to carry. Moving those aside you find a small box containing two krak, and two frag grenades for each of your soldiers as well.

Galadóre Tyrael (Tiruin)
As you, and the rest of the group step into the elevatus you walk back into a corner, first your orders go out to the four soldiers you want to accompany you, but soon after you quite down as you grasp the Rosarius in your right palm, and began to mumble the transfer hymn to protect you from the forces it may attract. Your body obtains a faint glow as the power bleeds into your melee weapons at your will, and within minutes the generator within slowly dies down to rest once more. With that you release your grasp on the Rosarius, and wait to arrive at your destination.

Several minutes later the elevatus doors open up into a hangar thick with activity as soldiers rush about prepping fighters for launch, and loading the ordinance into the missile launchers of the ships. On the far side of the hanger you spot a large, ancient looking ship which you immediately recognize as one of the Caestus Assault Rams that served many years in your very Chapter. Seeing the Quartermaster directing some muniton unloading nearby you walk over, and speak up to him, "I'd like one of my men to be armed with a Melta Gun and a single fuel tank. Lasguns won't hold against much of these filth, blessed though they are." The Quartermaster glares at you, and angrily points at a stand nearby, upon the stand you see a Melta Gun, a fuel tank for said Melta Gun, three lasguns, and a charge pack for each each the lasguns.

Marcellus Alpheus (Dwarmin)
You follow the others down to the hangar, and make your way to the Ram, leaving your "squad" to do as they must to prepare while you sit, and wait in the Assault Ship. As you head into the ship you find several of the soldiers are already in there seats, and waiting for take off, one of the soldiers on the far side of the ship is quietly murmuring something to himself repeatedly. You don't manage to hear what he is saying, but he jumps when he realizes you looking in his direction, and stops whatever talk he was having. After that the man begins to act odd as he avoids looking directly at you, or any of the other soldiers present in the Ram.

Rangor Elsmith (mcclay)
When your group arrives in the hangar you are the first to find there way to the ship, you easily weave your way through the various crewmen, and crates that litter the hangar. You reach out to the Machine Spirit, and as you brush against its being its feelings rush into you, what stands out among those is the fear it feels. Surprised by this you hastily begin to look around, and over your shoulder, you now feel something is ... out of place, but whatever it is you can't exactly pin it down. You hurry your way to the ship, and make your way to a small alcove towards the front of the ship, there you sit down, and hastily begin to chant various Hymns, and prayers to the Machine Spirit hoping to calm it as best you can.

Victus Trantor, Sinpwn
You go to the hangar, and hang out around a pile of crates, and wait for something to actually do.

Cog Anrizkalur (kisame12794)
You follow after the Enginseer who was assigned to your group, and enter the ship not long after several of the soldiers clamber on board, taking seats in pairs, or groups rather then sitting alone, and avoiding seats near you, the Enginseer fellow, and the other of your group who has climbed on board as well. [Roll:10]You notice[/abbr] one of the Guardsmen murmuring, but he stops when your ally glares at him for several seconds, but even after that you keep noticing him acting odd for some reason ...

Spoiler: Rangor Elsmith, mcclay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Victus Trantor, Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:55:46 pm by adwarf »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Marine RTD: Turn 2 - Jittery Soldier, and Angry Quartermaster
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2012, 06:01:06 pm »

Victus makes his way to his ship, leaving the men he is heading out with to organize themselves. He taps his foot impatiently and keeps an eye out for any odd behavior around him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2012, 06:43:06 pm »

((Hurrah, I didn't anger the Quartermaster even more! Oh wait, not d6? Great. Also, two instances of 50/50 AP in my sheet  :P

And don't my weapons have power, now?))

Galadóre lets his squadmates pick up the weaponry needed and heads inside the Ram, awaiting launch.

"Looks like we're going light, then." He noticed the lack of grenades.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:48:34 pm by Tiruin »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2012, 06:46:50 pm »

Rangor told his squad to "Pick up anything that they think they will need"while trying to calm The Machine Spirit of the ship.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2012, 06:56:30 pm »

Fixed the power error, but the second AP (The Flak Slab) is different then the first. The first is the AP for your armor itself.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »

((Is the Lesser Rosarius producing power already? It would have 110 power by now. And you wrote his name as Aterp by the way  :P))

Atero thanks the man and is pleasantly surprised when he finds out his request is fulfilled to even greater extents than he expected.

The grey knight calls for his squadmates to carry all of the offered equipment, giving the heavy weapons for any Stormtroopers or more experienced soldiers, and then routes part of the energy of the Rosarius to his Ancient Chainsword.

The Astarte proceeds to the Assault Ship with his retinue in tow. Upon entering the ship and positioning properly, he looks upon the face of some of the soldiers and realizes a part of them are afraid, with one of them looking extremely anxious. He starts to fervorously recite a short prayer in order to strengthen the weakest spirits and root out heresy while probing minds with his passive psychic field:

Spoiler: Prayer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:28:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2012, 08:03:52 am »

Order one of my men to keep an eye on the mumbling guardsman. One can never be too sure.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2012, 08:25:15 am »

Action: Wait for launch. Try to strengthen my mind against the warp powers that are affecting the other one.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 3 - Words from elsewhere, and disturbing thoughts.
Atero Mattariel (Caellath)
Upon seeing the equipment given to you by the Quartermaster you call your squad over, and hastily organize the equipment among your soldiers, a gruff looking soldier named Gringley deftly pulls the Heavy Bolter up, and with a swift series of maneuvers the gun is loaded, and primed for the coming battle. The Melta Gun goes to soldier by the name of Niels Killtan, his face is covered in scars of his many battles, and the other two soldiers, twins that go by Fin, and Tin, grab the Flak Slabs and Lucius Shotguns. Once that is done you lead your men aboard the ship, and they loyally follow you as well as take their seats beside you.

As you take your seat beside your soldiers you notice one of the troops with you is acting a bit odd, fidgeting about, glancing around, and mumbling to himself when he thinks no one is looking.  Something about the soldier continually picked at your heart, but you pushed the feeling away knowing it to be nothing, but pre-battle anxiety.

Galadóre Tyrael (Tiruin)
You leave your soldiers to gather their gear, and head towards the ship your self, you see several of the crew in the hangar giving you, and your allies odd gazes, but you brush it off as the nature of your mission, and continue on. In the ship you see numerous soldiers already in their seats, and the majority of your squad scattered around the interior of the ship. Taking a glance around you notice a soldier glancing at you, and your allies oddly, and when your gaze falls on him he jumps slightly before turning away, and idly chatting with a nearby soldier.

Marcellus Alpheus (Dwarmin)
You pray to the Emperor when you see your ally's mind already being effected by the warp, as you reach out, and start your prayer you feel a powerful being brush against your mind, and a voice speaks to you, "Kill him, free him ..." You shudder violently when the being pulls away from you, but its orders burn in your mind, and your hand itches to do the voices being, your not sure if you should resist or, give in.

Rangor Elsmith (mcclay)
You begin to pray furiously in your alcove, and as you pray your link with the Machine Spirit strengthens, and you feel the being begin to calm at your prayers. As the spirit calms to your chants your mind begins to relax, and the faint feelings of the Spirit's joy leaks into your mind, sealing the link off you turn your attention to those gathered, and your gut twists slightly as you feel the tension in the air thicken.

Victus Trantor, Sinpwn
Pushing through the crowd you make your way to the Ram, and take a seat near the door to watch those inside, and those outside, looking around you don't really notice anything wrong with any one nearby, other then a soldier sleeping on the far side of the hangar all is normal, and you sit quietly until your soldiers finally clamber on board to get the journey started.

Cog Anrizkalur (kisame12794)
You order one of your men to watch the mumbling soldier, and he obeys by walking over and engaging the man in conversation for a bit before sitting back, and closing his eyes, actually quite a good move you think. With your mind, and eyes clear to wander elsewhere you look out into the hangar as the rest of the soldiers clamber aboard, and see little more then a sleeping guardsmen, and several people carrying crates around in an effort to prepare for the battle.

Spoiler: Rangor Elsmith, mcclay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Victus Trantor, Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8