Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Space Marine RTD: Turn 4 - The War Begins, and Traitors Arise  (Read 13915 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Marine RTD: Full, Wailtlist Open
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 06:34:50 pm »

Now I have. And ninja'd.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 07:13:43 pm »

Does the Rosary grant energy for equipment?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 07:30:10 pm »

Yep, you can siphon its power off to another object that can use power.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 08:38:10 pm »

Is there any advantage to dual-wielding melee or ranged weapons? Such as two chainswords or two bolt pistols.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 08:39:20 pm »

Is there any advantage to dual-wielding melee or ranged weapons? Such as two chainswords or two bolt pistols.
More attacks per turn, and thus more damage dealt per turn.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »

Sheet edited in. I guess we have all the sheets, and...huh...our Sister of Battle still has a beard.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Marine RTD: 1Player Slot Left
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 10:29:52 pm »

One slot left, beginning work on the turn while we wait for our last player.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 11:19:13 pm »

Name: Victus Trantor
Organization: Adeptus Astra Telepathica
Class: Hedge Psyker
Stats: Str: 4, Con: 4, Agi: 5, Wil: 8, Luc: 5, Int: 6, Cha: 5, Psy: 10
Equipment: Laspistol, Lesser Rosarius
Bio: was born in a backwater hive world to chaos worshipping parents. he was unaware of his psychic power until one day, his parents succumbing to insanity, tried to sacrifice him. He killed both, left as an orphan at ten years old. He spent years barely surviving until the imperium got their hands on him.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:06 pm »

Aw man, guess put me on the waiting list.

Also, just an FYI to all the people who are playing a Marine: It takes HUNDREDS of years to become a full fledged marine. At the ages you guys are picking, you'd be scouts 

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »

Not for greys, since they have no scouts. I was also researching on how many decades it takes to fully train a grey knight, since the individuals also have to be very young.

Edit: Anyway, I guess I found a better age for a fresh one, I guess.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:54:22 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2012, 04:50:28 am »

:o

Well, it was good that I reserved in. Timezooones!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

A Heavy Bolter already?!  :o

And Welcome to Warhammer40k Dwarmin! I'm new too! Duel Wielding time!

Will distance be a combat factor? Like time to get from ranged > melee?

Spoiler: On Luke Prowler's post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:07:21 am by Tiruin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 05:52:53 am »

Yeah, range will be a factor in this, but it shouldn't effect you to much if you handle it correctly. Also @ Sinpwn - good to see someone chose the Hedge Psyker, that class has the most potential to be the most powerful.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 06:07:37 am »

Finished with those edits.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 06:36:30 am »

@Tiruin:
You do know you'll have to be a tad insane to be a good Space Wolf, right?
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Space Marine RTD: Turn 1- The Beginning of the End
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2012, 08:30:56 am »

All six of you stand arrayed just behind the seven meter thick piece of armor-glass that makes up the viewing chamber's window, in the void of space around you two Firestorm class frigates flank the Dauntless class ship Deadless you are now aboard. A countdown can be heard through the ships vox system, and a low feminine voice says over the vox, "Five minutes till warp, all hands to stations." Behind you several people rush off to their respective place, many making sure to skirt around your group. The countdown continues as you watch the surface of the planet Hydraphur below, each of you thinks the same thought, 'This may be my last time seeing the places of the Imperium ...' As that thought leaves your mind the voice comes back again, "Three ... Two ... One ... Brace for warp!"

You each grab onto the rail in front of you, and the familiar tug of warp envelops you as the image in front of you changes, soon replaced by a black void speckled with carcasses of ships, asteroids, and planets in the distance. You feel the terrors of the Warp close in on you, but they are soon repelled as you hear several voices begin to raise their voices, and chant. As you watch the void before you a sudden flash of movement draws your eye, and loud explosion rocks the ship shortly after. In the void beyond you finally see several ships, previously hidden among the debris, and rubble of the space, growing closer to your ships.

Somewhere far off sirens begin to wail, and the woman comes back over the vox, "All hands to battle stations! Numerous Iconoclast Destroyers, and a Devestation Class Crusier are closing in on our position. Deck Security prepare for boarding action!" In answer the ship begins to shake slightly as the Deadless opens fire on the incoming Chaos Ships. Flashes of light, and the shapes of missiles begin to fill the void as the two fleets begin to fight each other. Watching out the view port you see one of the frigates take a barrage of fire on its port hull, and a massive chunk of the ship breaks away, but it soldiers on as the guns continue to fire, and missiles launch from tubes strategically arrayed across the center of the ship. You are forced to stand, and watch as the battle takes place, but not long after the battle starts, and the ships close into attack craft range.

You hear the patter of numerous feet behind you, and you turn to find three squads of troops arrayed behind you with one standing further up from the rest. The man looks scared at first, but he soon gains a nuance of courage, and says "Umm ... sirs we need to go, our attack craft is ready for launch. Any orders before launch?"

Spoiler: Rangor Elsmith, mcclay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Victus Trantor, Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:08:51 am by adwarf »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8