Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Space Marine RTD: Turn 4 - The War Begins, and Traitors Arise  (Read 13902 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

Tell my troops to load up and get into the assult ship.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Galadóre smiled as he moved to settle in his seat, thinking about the battle ahead and how he would do mother Fenris proud.

But...his comrades, what about that jumpy soldier? Anxiety was normal within the ranks of the Guardsmen, most probably a Whiteshield, maybe?

He took a step forward with the same smile etched on his face and clasped an armored hand on his shoulder, interrupting his chat. "Guardsman, do I sense doubt in your cause?"

Speak to soldier that glanced at me!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@GM: So no praying nor mental probing for me? Sadface. Also, the Rosarius >.>))

Atero has little to do after finishing his prayers and decides to check the level of experience and rank of his retinue.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

He realized distantly the being had merely brushed him-not a full on attack, it merely touched him as it fled, hoping he was weak. Coward. Even here, they were all cowards...they never fought him on equal ground.

Kill Him...

Free him...

They said the same thing about him, as he stood on a pile of corpses in the arena. He had earned his 'freedom'-freedom to serve the Emperor. He had also earned an honorable death...the crowd roared. Kill him! They said. Free him! They said...

In the end, they have taken his sword and broken his chains. He had been reborn...and, he would not falter here. Instead of his prayers, he dived into memories of his past-remember the victories he had earned, the friends he had made despite the madness. Her...Marcellus would never forget her. Ellia...his eternal beloved, may she rest in peace. He tried to recall her beauty and her light, and drive away the darkness clawing at his mind. Of course, the Warp whispered-what if you could have her again? Hold her again? This is the realm of Chaos...and only here, is your hearts desire made manifest...

Action: Dive into past memories to escape the Warp thing, resist him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile

Victus begins to whistle a tune as he waits.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Dwarmin: Astartes are actively encouraged to stop thinking about their time before serving the Emperor. Thinking about past glories in the arena and in beloved women actually makes it easier for the Warp to seduce the soldiers, even the Angels of Death. Good luck with that.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((@Cael: My RP sort of implied that was what was happening :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Action: Dive into past memories to escape the Warp thing, resist him.
((Yeah, but diving into past memories does not help you escape the Warp thing. Unless they have to do with being an Astartes.))
>Yes?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

((Is the sleeping soldier mine? I am assuming not, but i'm not sure.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The sleeping soldier is just a random guard :) ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The sleeping soldier is just a random guard :) ))
((Is he a Guardsman or a Conscript? I doubt they would send the latter into such an important mission.))
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((A Guardsmen, there are a few conscripts, but those are on the Firestorms not the Deadless))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well i got bored in school the other day ...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Punch the sleeping Guardsman.

"FOOL! DO NOT LET THINE GUARD DOWN, FOR THE DEAMONS MUST SURELY BE WATCHING."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Space Marine RTD: Turn 4 - The War Begins, and Traitors Arise
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2012, 11:01:53 am »

Turn 4 - The War Begins, and Traitors Arise
Victus Trantor, Sinpwn
You sit in one of the alcoves made for astropaths, and begin to whistle a merry tune about freedom, and strength, as you whistle you notice the nervous guard once more, but this time something strange happens. He quickly clutches his head in his hands, and screams, "Kill them all!!!!", with a blur of motion the guardsmen is no more, and a four armed, one eyed warp mutant stands before you clutching a knife in each hand. Before the others can react you are on your feet, and your weapon is in hand with its barrel alight, the numerous lasers burn into the being's flesh, and leave giant scorch marks as it howls in pain. The creature's pain is to much, and it crumbles backward, still alive, but momentarily stunned as it tries to regain its strength, and fight back.

Cog Anrizkalur (kisame12794)
Seeing the sleeping guard you push yourself upright, and make your way across the hangar to him, from a distance you see his gun laying on the ground beside him along with a overturned cup, and a small pool of some liquid splattered across the floor. Growing closer you notice he is slumped over the chair, and a small stream of liquid is pouring from the side of his head ... spinning around you dive for the floor, and you feel something graze across the side of your face, drawing blood, and carving a small trail through the skin of your face before smacking into the surface of a crate nearby. Flicking your Bolt Pistol up you barely catch a blade that would have otherwise slit your throat, once that is done you grapple with your attacker within a few seconds of the struggle starting you feel something smash through your armor, and slice its way into your rips. Pain flares in your side as you throw the attacker off, and push your way to your feet to combat him.

Atero Mattariel (Caellath)
You had planned to talk to your squad, and learn a bit about them, but you are cut short as a beast of the Warp is born from the nervous guardsman, and your Psyker ally engages it in combat. You are on your feet shortly after the first blasts of the laspistol bring the beast crumpling down, but you are distracted as you see a whirlwind of motion in the hangar, turning to see what it is you find several of the other guards/recruits being possessed, and turned by the Warp itself. Elsewhere you see a few guardsmen throwing off their unifroms to reveal tribal robes adorned with the marks of Chaos, traitors in the heart of your flagship commanding the Warp abominations, and combating those that remain loyal to your cause.

As a large fight begins to break out throughout the hangar you ignore the Warp beast in the Ram, and lead your soldiers hastily down the ramp as you prepare to engage the traitors, and protect the ship from the invading forces of Chaos. Counting the number Warp beasts, and traitors you find their to be twenty enemies within the hangar itself, and their may be more of them elsewhere, but you are forced to duck behind a pile of crates with your squad when the traitors open fire on your squad.

Galadóre Tyrael (Tiruin)
You were unlucky enough to be sitting right beside the guard when the Warp took control of him, as the beast came to life, and mutated before you one of the arms slams the head of a dagger into the chest piece of your armor, cracking its surface, but not penetrating the numerous plates that form it. Pushed off the side of the seat by the impact you skid across the Ram, and smack into the door to the cockpit as your ally opens fire on the mutant. Ripping the dagger out of your chest piece, and throwing it to the side you stand up, and look out into the hangar to see fighting all around as more mutants are formed by the foul Warp.

Marcellus Alpheus (Dwarmin)
Your weapon blazes just seconds after Psyker attacks the mutant, as you pull the trigger, and launch two quick shells at the thing you watch as the numerous pellets tear through the mutant. When you look upon your work you find little left of the creature it once was, and blood covers the wall of the Ram. Outside the sounds of battle reach your ears, and you realize just how large scale this act of the Warp is, dozens of men have been changed, and now the entire ship may well be under siege by these foul beasts.

Rangor Elsmith (mcclay)
You rush down the ramp, and take cover behind a series of lockers as the fighting breaks out all around you, you see your squad pinned down across the room, and your allies spread all over the place as the chaos of the situation takes over and an explosive rending sound can be heard. You duck your head back behind the lockers in the nick of time as a bullet smashes through the space your head once occupied, and impacts a crate just behind you sending splinted and smashed boards flying from the sheer power of the shot. Taking a look back around the corner you find the source of the explosion to be a assault shuttle from the enemies ships, and stepping out of its confines are more of the mutant beasts, and in front of them a towering Chaos Marine holding a Bolt Pistol in hand stands strong.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsmen Squad (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rangor Elsmith, mcclay (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guardsmen Squad (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Victus Trantor, Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

Foes
Spoiler: Mutants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traitors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chaos Marine (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8