Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: my character is a fat lazy person o.O  (Read 4036 times)

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my character is a fat lazy person o.O
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 08:49:23 pm »

Fight something and get covered head to toe in its blood, then take a bath in a murky pond. Get the blood that washes off, you will put it in your backpack. Repeat the getting of blood, until you have more than you can fill a waterflask with water.  You can drink the blood when you're thirsty, and you can throw it at enemies. For meat, butcher everything you can.  Eat food by oldest expiration date first.(As long as its not rotten!) 

And if you feel comfortable with modding, make a preserved version of meat, that you can turn meat into, and a canteen that can hold enough water to last you a couple of weeks.

Preserved meat could be jerky, or cured meats.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
Re: my character is a fat lazy person o.O
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 11:09:46 pm »

Preserved meat could be jerky, or cured meats.

I make sausages last forever by making an alternate muscle material template that lacks the tags for rotting, spreading miasma, and everything else.  I call it cured meat template and its actually closer to leather(except doesn't have tags for making armor or clothes out of it either).  I use a reaction to turn regular meat(plus intestines) into a meat named "sausages" that uses the cured meat material. It's edible and doesn't rot.  You can do the same with jerky.  It's not really cheating since you did kill the animal(Or found it, I don't judge).

I also craft large pots for holding water using a copy of the fortress reaction renamed with the building replaced with Adventure mode enabled.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"
Pages: 1 [2]