Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: my character is a fat lazy person o.O  (Read 4043 times)

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
  • ahh, its raining goblin blood.
    • View Profile
my character is a fat lazy person o.O
« on: April 28, 2012, 11:29:10 am »

ok, well i got this person, at 1st he was like bad ass and never died,

then

eat and drink something

move 5 tiles

eat and drink something

move 8 tiles

eat and drink something

move 2 tiles

become drowsy and then sleep for 12 hrs (cause thats how long night last)

wake up eat and drink twice

move 5 tiles

eats and drinks, and becomes drowsy

move 10 tiles

eats and drinks, and becomes more drowsy

sleep for 6 hrs, and refill drinks at nearby river

wakes up, eats and sleep

and yea the point is, he eats, drinks, and sleeps to much o.O and the tiles is tiles in travel mode. i learned he only dose this in travel mode and when i was doing sneakign powering, he never got hungry or thirsty only after a long ass time

glitch? or just person being werid (hes a human FYI)
ahh, its raining goblin blood everwere

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my character is a fat lazy person o.O
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:36:19 am »

Game time moves more quickly in Travel mode because you're covering a larger distance in a shorter amount of real-life time.  So, your character will get hungry and thirsty and tired more quickly than when you are walking around in zoomed-in mode.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 01:51:19 pm »

i think the game would be better off if it decreased the food and water need it becomes almost a obstacle at some points which it shouldnt me just a do this to stay in top condition lol and you can fill up your waterskins? how o.0

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 01:53:59 pm »

1. Move near a source of liquid (river, pond, pool of blood, etc)
2. 'I'
3. Select waterskin
4. Select the fluid you want to fill your waterskin with.

And of course it's an obstacle. If YOU were hiking through monster-filled wilderness and forgot to bring a snack...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 01:58:16 pm »

no i mean its TOOO much of an obstacle i mean i understand water but thats easy however food show go much slower going realisticly for a moment you can survive without food for days on end lol but i can understand he just wanted it out

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 02:52:55 pm »

I DO survive for days on end without food in adventure mode.  Your "hunger" notification will change colors as it becomes more of an issue.  And you do become thirsty more quickly than you become hungry.

I think you underestimate how much traveling your character really is doing when you walk around in 'T' mode.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 06:55:24 pm »

no no no i mean like the side efects come to quickly

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 07:23:17 pm »

Then you should eat more. Your adventure is literally traveling miles and miles in T mode.

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 07:51:38 pm »

Game time moves more quickly in Travel mode because you're covering a larger distance in a shorter amount of real-life time.
Still not quickly enough to account to what he seems to be experiencing.

And eltheon: WAS IST DAS!!?!?! ACHTUNG!!! ANALPHABETISMUS WIRD VERNICHTET WERDEN!!!!
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 08:41:19 pm »

And eltheon: WAS IST DAS!!?!?! ACHTUNG!!! ANALPHABETISMUS WIRD VERNICHTET WERDEN!!!!

Illiteracy will be destroyed? I like that policy!

Ethleon; We need punctuation/adequate grammar in order to properly understand you. Or understand you at all.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 05:55:19 am »

Become a Necromancer.

Then you don't have to eat, drink or sleep.

Jeremy66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 12:09:51 am »

You CAN survive for quite a while without eating. Based on my reading though, it will negatively affect your combat performance. Besides, it's part of the game. Bring 10 units of food. This small quantity keeps you light on your feet, but will provide enough for about three days of travel. Supplement it with your hunting and you should have no problem.

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 12:41:05 am »

Become a Necromancer.

Then you don't have to eat, drink or sleep.
Isn't that a vampire? Do you become a vampire automatically if you become a necromancer? Doesn't make much sense...
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 01:11:06 am »

No, they both offer the same benefits as far as nutrition/immortality. And the same cons as far as the inability to advance your physical attributes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 11:22:33 am »

Fight something and get covered head to toe in its blood, then take a bath in a murky pond. Get the blood that washes off, you will put it in your backpack. Repeat the getting of blood, until you have more than you can fill a waterflask with water.  You can drink the blood when you're thirsty, and you can throw it at enemies. For meat, butcher everything you can.  Eat food by oldest expiration date first.(As long as its not rotten!) 

And if you feel comfortable with modding, make a preserved version of meat, that you can turn meat into, and a canteen that can hold enough water to last you a couple of weeks.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"
Pages: [1] 2