Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Roll to Pony: What sorcery is this?  (Read 17402 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pony: Special talent =/= Success
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2012, 03:46:03 pm »

*pokes*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pony: Gatecrashers
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2012, 06:52:10 pm »

Gear Hopper
: Well it was nice meeting you I have things to invent.
: Seeya!
Gear Hopper turns, and leaves the house to go find stuff to build a pair of rocket boosters!
(4, N. Success) He manages to find enough parts to begin a rocket booster but he may have to look elsewhere for more supplies.

NEW ITEM: Project - Rocket Boosters
This saddlebag contains the pieces necassary to begin building small rocket boosters. Over time Gear Hopper will construct it.

As Gear Hopper walks back to the library to meet the others he is tackled by a pink blur and it shoves a piece of paper into his mouth.
: Quick, take this! I'm running out of time!

Starshine
Starshine looks around for the most recent newspaper, or failing that, heads back to the library to see if they have an archive of newspapers to look through and find out what's been going on recently in Equestria.
Unfortunately for Starshine's afternoon plans she suddenly spots a cart careening down a hill. A panicking foal is sitting in the back.
Without thinking, she throws herself into the path of the wagon.(4, N. Success) With the help of her natural earth pony strength she takes the hit without being hurt. She's managed to slow the cart considerably but both her and the cart are still sliding down the hill.
Something slams into the cart beside her.
R.DASH: Jump out kid!
As the foal jumps off the back of the wagon Starshine looks over to see a cyan pegusus with an unusual rainbow mane.
R.DASH: On three, we both push.
Starshine just nods.
R.DASH: Three!
Both Starshine and Rainbow Dash push as hard as they can.(6+1, Overshoot) The cart quickly moves up the hill and hits a rock at the top. One of it's wheels is broken but everything inside is safe.
R.DASH: That was impressive. You must be as strong as Applej-
: Another new pony! How many are there Dashie!? Can we keep 'em!?

Mea
Mea sighs,
: Looks like I'm a bit rusty. Say, is there anything else I can help you with- uh, sorry, I didn't catch your name?
: How rude a' me. My name's Applejack. I live and work over at Sweet Apple Acres.
Mea's mind grasped for something that wasn't there.
: The name rings a bell.
:  Any chance of you helping me with the rest of these flowers?
: I could do that.
Mea's horn glows yellow again as an aura surrounds the rest of the flowers.(3+1, N. Success) Mea looks at them in frustration as their colour returns but they refuse to grow.
:  Wow. Bonbon's gonna be so happy. So-
Pinkie Pie slams into Applejack and shoves a piece of paper at Mea before galloping off like the four horses of the apocalypse were after her.
: Two more new ponies to go!

Sunset Bloom
: Thanks Twilight! I think I'll go see if anypony needs help around in Ponyville, if you don't mind.
As Sunset walks out of the library door something pink leaps out of the bushes and throws a rolled up piece of paper at her.
: I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!
Sunset unrolls the paper as the pink pony runs of towards the centre of town.
Quote from: Invitation
     Dear New Pony,
You are invited to a party at Sugarcube Corner
just after sunset. If you don't know where that
is it's near the marketplace and looks like a
gingerbread house (it's not though). Can't wait
to meet you.
                                        Pinkie Pie
Sunset looks towards the sun and saw that there isn't much time to go until sunset. She trots down towards Sugarcube Corner via the marketplace. She arrives just in time to see the pink pony and a yellow pegusus wheel out a cannon.
FLUTTERSHY: Uh, Pinkie. Are you sure about this?

: Of course I'm sure Fluttershy. Well, I'm sure about the decoration but I'm not sure how I'm going to fire a broken cannon. I'm not even sure why everything's been broken lately.
Sunset blinks and suddenly Pinkie is in front of her.
: New pony! What's your name? Fire Mote? Fire Mark? Fire Flower?
: Sunset Bloom.
: Sunset, I really need you to fire my cannon.
Against all common sense Sunset agrees to fire the cannon.(4+1, Success) It goes off perfectly and the outside of Sugarcube Corner is covered in party decorations. Fluttershy and Sunset are stunned.
: Yay! Fluttershy, you get the food while Sunset helps me move the tables outside. Ponies are already arriving.

All
All the players (and the Mane Six) arrive within minutes of the sun setting. Even Open Book, who arrives with both Rarity and a new manecut.

Twilight introduces the five new ponies to the others and they enjoy the party under Luna's beautiful night sky.
The music is good, the food great and the decorations would have been perfect if not for the large, dark shape that fell out of the sky.
It smashes the central table and sends ponies running in fear (The horror!).

"Find him!"
Four more dark shapes fall into the party and begin to turn over tables and generally making a mess. They appear to be griffons with black feathers and white coats.
: I'm going to have to ask you to leave!
The griffons ignore Pinkie Pie.
The mane six look like they're about to do something about this, you should too.

Didn't have access to internet over the weekend, sorry for the wait.
*facepalm* Forgot the new dialogue faces and the saddlebag graphic.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:06:10 am by NobodyPro »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pony: Party Crashers
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2012, 07:46:55 pm »

Mea attempts to grow vines from the ground beneath one of the griffons and ensnare them.

"Oh dear, this could be messy..."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 03:53:24 am »

Light a fire hovering over the party so everyone can see. Maybe it can even scare off  the Griffons. Obviously they're looking for Rainbow Dash, right? Right?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 04:29:05 am »

Starshine did the obvious thing: she sneaked up to the side of a griffon and kicked it with both rear hooves. She wasn't going to tolerate party crashers!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 05:44:57 am »

((I'm already seeing why ponies are so :3 . The ART! :)) ))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2012, 07:15:28 pm »

Tackle the nearest griffon, and begin the pummeling

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2012, 12:29:23 am »

((I'm already seeing why ponies are so :3 . The ART! :)) ))

This thread is so much  /)^3^(\
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

RTD

• Bay Watcher
  • Dedicated to Roll To Dodge
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2012, 03:36:21 pm »

*poke*
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...
One roll can change things around.

Roll To Dodge.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2012, 03:50:23 pm »

I don't think it's abandoned quite yet since NP just requested it be listed in the sticky as 'active.' He's probably recording more parts of his LP of SCP: Containment Breach or has school or something. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2012, 03:56:49 pm »

Yeah, I think this was supposed to be slowly updating RTD.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2012, 05:08:38 pm »

Don't worry guys, I'll try to get the turn up some time this weekend/Monday.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pony: What sorcery is this?
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2012, 01:48:39 am »

Sunset Bloom reacts immediately, trying to put her newly-learned spell to good use.(2+1, N. Fail) She overestimates her ability and the dirty green flame that forms above them only manages to cast a green hue over the unfolding events.

Mea's horn begins to glow with a bright yellow light as she prepares a spell, determined to regain the strength she so vaguely remembers. “Oh dear, this could be messy...” she says as she discovers something pulsing with energy in the back of her mind.

(6+1, Overshoot) Vines shoot from the ground beneath one of the griffons as they move to attack, gripping them tightly. She becomes carried away with her newfound success and vines and roots emerge from the ground, wrapping around lampposts and climbing the walls of Sugarcube Corner but are growing too slowly to trap any other griffons.

Gear Hopper takes advantage of the situation to tackle the nearest griffon. (4/5, N. Fail) While he manages to get them to the ground he has to struggle to keep them there. He manages to get a couple of hits in before the griffon scratches him across the right foreleg and turns the grapple on him. Pinkie Pie comes to his rescue, turning the party cannon on the griffon, (4/1, Success) somehow managing to fire it and sending the griffon sprawling.

Starshine arrives to on the griffons' flank, having used the last of the fleeing partygoers as cover. (5/2, Success) She puts her earth pony strength to good use and delivers a wholehearted buck that knocks one of the griffons down.

Rainbow Dash lands in front of the last griffon henchman (4/3) and manages to keep them busy while Twilight, Sunset, Rarity, Applejack, Open Book and (surprisingly) Fluttershy move to confront the leader.

As they approach the leader he disdainfully waves a talon and an ice-blue aura surrounds everypony present. (4/6/2/3/3/4)Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie seem to fall unconscious as the griffon's magic takes hold and to those still awake it feels as though they haven't slept in days (-2 to rolls next turn). Sunset’s flame winks out, the vines and roots cease growing and the aura that had surrounded Twilight’s horn shrinks to an almost unnoticeable size.

The griffon that Rainbow Dash had been distracting easily evades her now and moves to the side of her leader. The griffon that Starshine had knocked over recovers quickly, seemingly revitalised by his leader’s magic. The leader steps forward and grabs Open Book by the neck, pulling them face-to-face, and says: "Did you really think you could escape that easily?"

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2012, 03:50:44 am »

Light a fire right in front of the gryphon leader.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2012, 12:47:43 pm »

Use the rocket to propel myself into the lead griffon! CHARGE!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8