Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to Pony: What sorcery is this?  (Read 17401 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pony: Illustrated adventure
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2012, 10:13:59 pm »

I hadn't noticed. :\ You could always use Dropbox like I do. ^^^ It's pretty easy.

EDIT: Also, looking back, Starshine has the cutest damn look on her face when she sees Spike. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2012, 01:09:15 am »

Found the problem, img.ie was outputting fail-links in the "Direct Link" field. Replacing 'img.ie' with 'tnypic.net' fixed it though.
I can do more than just write in *checks* ~2 hours ::)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2012, 04:58:14 am »

Mea blinks several times after reading the third title. She then smiles again, much wider than before, and leaves. She looks for someone to "help" with her plant magic. Gear Hopper decides to go look around town to see if there are any mechanics he can help out. Bookie (Open Book) also leaves but keeps his reasons to himself.

Starshine raises an eyebrow at the third book. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maybe it might have something in it that's relevant." She canters over to it and starts to read.* Twilight starts to look anxious for some reason.

: Twilight, I can remember about a pony named Candace and her colt Shining Armor telling me to find you to learn about magic. Could you help me out?
: You spoke to my BBBFF?
: Yes, wha-
: Big brother best friend forever.
: Oh...
: Anyway, first things first. How much do you know.

SUNSET BLOOM GOT SPELL: INCINERATE
Incinerate ignites easily burned materials such as paper, hay and dried leaves.

: Hey! I was reading that!
: Sorry-
Twilight's horn glows and the smouldering remains vanish. She looks relieved.
: Now I'll never know what happens to Prism Slash!
: Do you remember any other spells.
Sunset concentrates, careful not to damage any other books.

: Just the basics.
: What would you like to learn?

Gear wanders through the streets of Ponyville, becoming slowy more dissappointed at the lack of mechanical innovation in the town. 'My cutie mark is a pair of gears, not cartwheels.' he thinks, 'How am I supposed to help out if nopony has anything mechanical?'
As if to answer him he is suddenly faced with a strange pink pony. Faced in the most literal sense of the word.

: I've never seen you before. You know what that means!
: I-
The pink pony started to bounce around happily.
: There's a new pony in town! There's so much to do! I'll have to be really quick and fix the oven before- Whoops, almost spoiled it for you! I'm Pinkie by the way.
An oven? Well, helping was helping.
: I could fix that oven if you want.
: That would be so great. It's REALLY hard to cook a cake in a broken oven. It just sits there.
She turns and bounces off into town, leading hopper to the bakery.

As Mea walks into the park she spots a frustrated looking earth pony watering some sick-looking yellow flowers.

So were going to stuff around for a little bit so I can prepare for the first big event. Remember: More detail in your actions = better updates from me. Assume everything.

*It exists, mature content warning. Good for a laugh. Don't make me regret the reference.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:04:34 am by NobodyPro »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pony: Burning books for fun and profit
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2012, 05:05:49 am »

"Whatever you think will be best suited for me."
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2012, 08:41:02 am »

(Well, I can see why Twilight didn't want anyone reading that now. Who knew she was such a terrible writer? XD)

Starshine sighed and got back to her hooves. She had noted the author was listed as the purple mare before them before the pages had gotten burnt. I guess that's why she taught Sunset a fire spell first. Oh well, my horoscope did say Geminis should prepare for a hot accident today. It wasn't the kind I was hoping for... I wonder if she's an Aquarius? Theirs did say to be careful or they might hurt someone. "I'll leave you ponies to it; I'm not much for magic. Catch up to you later!"

Starshine trots out and explores the city, trying to get a feel for where everything is and perhaps learn who runs everything, like how Twilight Sparkle is the librarian. She also keeps an eye out for a quick way to earn some cash or respect.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2012, 11:21:15 am »

Mea approaches the earth pony, "Heya!~ You look like you've got a bit of a problem there. Anything I can do to help?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RTD

• Bay Watcher
  • Dedicated to Roll To Dodge
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2012, 03:17:19 pm »

Just saw my pony

Bravo.

:D
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...
One roll can change things around.

Roll To Dodge.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2012, 03:25:27 pm »

Glad you like it. ^^^ I'm eagerly awaiting adwarf's post and the next turn. :3

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2012, 03:43:31 pm »

"Hurray Machines!!!!" Gear Hopper squeaks as he begins to scurry around before turning back to face Pinkie Pie. "I'll fix your oven lead the way!"

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pony: Special talent =/= Success
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2012, 06:23:37 am »

Starshine
Starshine sighed and got back to her hooves. She had noted the author was listed as the purple mare before them before the pages had gotten burnt. I guess that's why she taught Sunset a fire spell first. Oh well, my horoscope did say Geminis should prepare for a hot accident today. It wasn't the kind I was hoping for... I wonder if she's an Aquarius? Theirs did say to be careful or they might hurt someone.

: I'll leave you ponies to it; I'm not much for magic. Catch up to you later!

Starshine trots out and explores the city, trying to get a feel for where everything is and perhaps learn who runs everything, like how Twilight Sparkle is the librarian. She also keeps an eye out for a quick way to earn some cash or respect.
(2+1, N.Fail) You manage to get a good idea of the main personalities in town after talking with some mares but you fail to find anything worth doing for now.

Sunset Bloom
: Whatever you think will be best suited for me.
: Let's start on something simple. When you want to cast a spell you don't know you have to know exactly what you want. You have to picture the result and will it to happen.
A purple glow surrounds Twilight's horn and the library is plunged into darkness.
: What do you need?
: Light.
(4+1)A green flame springs into existence around Sunset's horn. It illuminates the area around her and reveals a pleased looking Twilight.

GOT SPELL: LIGHT

: First try! Impressive. Remember, that trick only works for minor spells.

Spring Meadow
: Heya!~ You look like you've got a bit of a problem there. Anything I can do to help?
: Well I'm sorry, but unless you know a spell to help sickly plants BonBon's flowers just aint gonna make it through the summer.
Funnily enough, a yellow aura appears around both Mea's horn and the sick-looking flowers(3+1, N. Success). The colour returns to the flowers but you expected more.

GOT SPELL: OVERGROWTH
Overgrowth allows you to revitalize or enhance plant life.

: Well I'll be...

Gear Hopper
: Hurray! Machines!
Gear Hopper squeaks as he begins to scurry around before turning back to face Pinkie Pie.
: I'll fix your oven lead the way!
: We're already here, silly.
Gear Hopper looks up to see that they are indeed standing in front of a colourful, mostly pink, building and, upon smelling the baked goods within, he realises how hungry he is.
He follows Pinkie Pie inside and she leads him into the kitchen. It's full of machinery. There's even a taffy maker!
Gear tries to fix the oven(1+1= Crit. Fail)* and not only does he fail to fix the oven but he knocks his head as he checks it's inside.
Pinkie gives him a cupcake and wraps a small bandage around his bruised head.
: My turn.
Pinkie attempts to fix the oven(π) and somehow manages to get it working. As she turns it on Gear Hopper stuffs a hoof into his mouth to prevent the inevitable flying crumbs of disbelief.
: That was fun. Let's play another game!

No panels because of time restraints IRL. One more turn of faffing about and then plot happens.
*Random number god were not amused. Critical Failures and Overshoots occur based on natural rolls such as this one so even with the Special Talent (+1) Bonus he still Crit. Failed. The threshold for success remains the same.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:29:01 am by NobodyPro »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2012, 09:54:11 am »

Starshine sighed. It didn't seem like there was anything that needed doing around here. Well... maybe a bit of research wouldn't hurt.

Starshine looks around for the most recent newspaper, or failing that, heads back to the library to see if they have an archive of newspapers to look through and find out what's been going on recently in Equestria.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2012, 10:10:06 am »

Mea sighs, "Looks like I'm a bit rusty. Say, is there anything else I can help you with- uh, sorry, I didn't catch your name?"

Spoiler: Spell List (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2012, 10:29:57 am »

"Thanks Twilight! I think i'll go see if anypony needs help around in Ponyville, if you don't mind."
Do as i said i would.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:14:30 pm by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2012, 03:51:19 pm »

"Well it was nice meeting you I have things to invent." Gear Hopper said as he turned, and left the house to go find stuff to build a pair of rocket boosters!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2012, 08:49:58 pm »

All ponies on waitlist have been ponyfied. Mares have also been gender-corrected but img.ie is being tempermental right now.
Next turn tonight, hopefully.
[hint]Cerebus[/hint]

EDIT: Just to show that things are about to become much more interesting, here's the final line of the current turns draft:
[MANE SIX PREPARE TO KICK ASS][PLAYERS DO WHATEVER]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:41:47 pm by NobodyPro »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8