Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF Community Fort  (Read 40941 times)

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF Community Fort
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2012, 07:57:43 pm »

Can you post my kills?

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2012, 02:16:49 am »

Well, when Weiss does get in, just set him up for animal training as well I guess, that room is going to be mine...

As soon as I named a capable soldier 'Weiss', he was hospitalized after his first battle. He's alive though!
For now, the four squads are led by:
-Sir (primary forces)
-Silus (secondary forces)
-Wypie (rangers)
-Higginbottom III (captain of the guard)
We can't afford another squad for now, half of even these are stuck in bed. Your request is noted though, I'll see what I can do in the future.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2012, 01:17:39 pm »

From the Journals of 'Sir', 2nd Malachite, 103

I'd be jumping with joy if I could stand up. Our Freya could. Or Silus. This way, this could be a death sentence for all of us. Orders are out to raise the bridge and assemble the army. What's left of it anyway.

From the Journals of 'Sir', 9th Malachite, 103
This went unbelievably well. Sure, the titan burned down the surrounding area, but the military managed to defeat it. Quite easily, in fact.

Just after the titan incident, a big bunch of migrants showed up. Normally, that would be a bad thing, since the booze supply is dangerously low again, but we desperately need to refill our ranks with fresh soldiers, and some of these newcomers actually look like they can handle a weapon.

15th Malachite, 103
'OK maggots, this is starting to get confusing. Recruits die and get replaced so often, I don't know half of your names. So, report. Freya and Silus are excused from this, since they just passed out. First off, Cudgels of power, my squad:

Holy shit, you are fucking NINE? I didn't know that. 28 confirmed kills is great then, especially since one of them is the titan. Next!

Next up, Machines of Bearing:

Hugo, is it? You look capable. I'll be keeping an eye on you.

That's enough for today. The other two squads are on duty, and the rangers aren't good for anything anyway. Dismissed.'

(There you have it, that's roughly half of the militia. I've lost some of them since then, and sadly, my favorite - the 9 year old titan-slayer - went mad.
Wypie has two kills, a male and female zombie dark strangler. Long-range weapons perform poorly against the undead. Especially since the little shits routinely forget to bring ammo with them: they have the quiver and crossbow, and we have hundreds of bolts, just nobody uses it. Also, some of the long-range guys just flat out bring an iron zweihander with them, logic and orders be damned. I'm tempted to disband the whole ranger squad, but I'm worried about flyers, so I'm still trying to make something useful out of them.)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:19:20 pm by Ishar »

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2012, 01:56:33 pm »

thanks he sounds perfect dont worry about the gun when/if you set up a gunsmith + ammo mint until then a zweihander would do very nicely.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:04:54 pm by BeserkNINJA »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2012, 02:12:41 pm »

Ha I like how one of my good thoughts is bringing my wife to bed ;) or was it someone else :P

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2012, 09:24:41 am »

From the Journals of 'Sir', 15th Malachite, 103
This was... educational. For one thing, the constant fighting seemed to train our lads quite well. Or killed them, anyway. Doesn't matter: those who are still alive seem to be genuine badasses. I haven't inspected the rangers and the fortress guard yet, but the two main squads look alright.
Except the mild state of depression. Everybody is fucking related to fucking everybody else it seems. If something bad happens to basically ANYONE, it may start a chain reaction. I could really appreciate some better gear for the troops, but the smiths still have to work with galena and tetrahedrite.
There is still smoke coming from the corpse of the titan. Also, its rampage burned down the grass, boiled half of the drow blood that's covering anything, deepfried any corpses still lying around... oh and two giant rotting sauropods are roaming the countryside, just to complete the landscape. Things are going well.

From the Journals of 'Sir', 10th Galena, 103
Finally, I'm back in action! The Doc said I could go, and hell yeah I'll go. It's been months since I've punched something in the face. Pity those sauropods have left. I've slaughtered a few zombie groundhogs with Hugo, and that was mildly amusing, but not much.

14th Galena, 103
- Praise the gods! Humans! What a welcome sight!
- Greetings, good Sir. May I show what I can offer you?
- You may indeed. You don't even need to unload all of that: I'm buying that hundred logs of wood right off your cart. What else do you have?
- What about this?
- What's this thing? It looks like a fairly ineffective club, although very intricate in design.
- That, Sir, is a pistol.
- Holy shit, I've never seen real guns before! Have you got any ammo for this thing?
- Sadly no, I've used it all up against the undead while traveling. If I had any, you can bet your beard I wouldn't sell the pistol to you.
- I can imagine. But what should I do with a gun without ammo?
- I can bring you the schematics for making your OWN ammo when I come back next year. How does that sound?
- Well bargained, and done. I'll take your pistol. Also, some of those fancy above-ground crops you carry. We can't exactly grow them here.
- May I interest you in some armor plates for animals, or maybe some of these beautiful weapons?
- Nah. We don't have any animals that could be trained for war, and while those weapons do look rather nice, they are more decorative than useful. And I DO need useful ones here.
- Fair enough. Now, for all these riches, what can you give me?
- How about these gems, and a few of our excess weapons? You should make 3000 urists of profit from that.
- Hmm... that is generous indeed. It almost seems TOO generous. What's the catch here, my friend?
- Not exactly a catch. I just want to make sure you come back again, with my plans, and with a nice haul like this again.
- You can count on that. Will that be all?
- Join me for a drink, if you can. We're a bit cut off from the outside world here, I'd like to hear what you know.
- Why not? I assume you have some stories to tell as well, judging from the corpse of that titan right next to your doorstep.

From the Journals of 'Sir', 19th Galena, 103
Fucking goblins.

They got one of our farmers in that ambush. We avenged him, sure, but the bastards really got us: four dead, and several wounded (Among them Weiss. That guy remind me of poor old Empfan for some reason). If a single ambush costs us five lives, I'm beginning to get worried. We REALLY need armor-grade metals, and soon. Very fucking soon, or the undead wipe us off the face of the world before the frost giants even get here. It was surely nice to finally swing this mithril sword however. It's a real work of art.

(Sir has 9 pages of pure ass-kicking in that battle. I really need to upgrade the equipment, these things are not meant to be met with copper and silver.)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:27:13 am by Ishar »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »

What plants? if i get dwarfed i want to grow some in a greenhouse
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2012, 02:58:40 pm »

Slightly off topic, but somebody might know this: Is there any way of curing a dwarf from insanity? DFhack, raw altering, anything? I'm not a fan of cheating in general, but it's such a sad end for a nine year-old legion dwarf who killed so many of our enemies, including the titan. I really like that dwarf.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2012, 03:08:00 pm »

are there wards? they can according to masterwork wiki
Highly Opinionated Fool

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2012, 03:23:30 pm »

They can according to the wiki ? Who the f*** is writing this wiki ? Because they cant. The only way to "cure" insanity was hacking with runesmith, but there is no runesmith version for df34.

Sorry, she is a goner.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2012, 03:33:27 pm »

Nevermind, she just died of thirst. Oops I may have jumped ahead a few updates on that.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2012, 03:42:14 pm »

Journal of Weiss:
Right, that explains the letters that Empfan sent me about not coming here...he was a good friend.  Right, got to get back to using a pike, might as well stick with my best weapon if I'm going to survive this hellhole...and avenge my old friend. (May Weiss kill every last one of those nug-humping bastards)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:15:43 pm by empfan »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2012, 05:06:43 pm »

MUHAHA!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2012, 06:55:30 pm »

20th Galena, 103
- Muck root whiskey! Thank you, my friend! You dwarfs may not think highly of this, but compared to the things I was forced to drink lately, this is a godsend.
- Why? I thought you humans have a nice supply of wine from the south, and ale from the north. Not to mention sunshine from the elves. What happened?
- You mean you don't know? Gosh, you weren't kidding about your isolation.
- Why, what's this about?
- The elves are no more, my good sir. And the drow were also pushed back to the other end of the sea.
- What the fuck? I'm no fan of the tree-huggers, but seriously, what the fuck? The elves were one of the dominant races of our realm! Their strenght was near our own just a couple of decades ago, and far surpassed yours.
- Well, it turns out that tree groves and bows don't do much against the undead. I see you've had your fair share of battles recently, but tell me: have you killed many zombies with crossbow bolts? Did they stay down after a clean shot?
- Not exactly, no.
- Well, there you have it. Your people always believed in the strenght of axes, maces and other crushing and slashing weapons, while my people perfected armor. Our traditional tactics served us nicely against these things. The elves just weren't that lucky.
- But the drow...
- Yes, they did far better against the undead horde. For a while, they even took advantage of the elves demise, taking over their distant brothers' territory. That worked fine for them, to the point of them becoming overconfident. They crossed the desert of snow, and set out to conquer the northern wastes. It is said that there are whole mountains of silver, or even mithril up there.
- No race knows that better than us dwarves. But the north is cursed. Everybody knows you can't conquer it.
- I suppose they thought of it as superstition. Myth from an ancient era. Nevertheless, they were proven wrong.
- What happened to them?
- They awakened the frost giants. The giants rose from their long slumber, and basically that was it. The drow never stood a chance.
- Shit. Neither do we, if the giants don't stop with the drow.
- Don't trouble yourself, dear friend, you are way too far south for the giants. Some of our villages, however, are not.
- Basically, you are fighting a war againt the undead AND the frost giants?
- No, our king still insists that we are at war with the dark stranglers, and nothing else. The undead situation is not nearly as bad in our realm as it is around here. And the old man still hopes the frost giants will leave us alone after they discover that we're not with the drow. Hell, I don't think he has much of a choice. We couldn't possibly win an open war against them.
- Well. Shit. I was hoping for better news, like the kobolds are giving away their gold or something. This is bad. Still, thanks for the information. We'd better train our troops accordingly.
- I can't imagine you could train anyone to meet a frost giant in battle, but thanks for the whiskey anyway. My men are surely ready to break camp, so I think this is it. See you next year, my friend!
- Godspeed, human. I wish all of your people luck. That's the best I can do for you now.

(I can't help it, I just love humans. They always bring the best stuff. Also, this would be the update for Saturday.)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2012, 06:58:22 pm »

i found out that dwarves can get unhappy thoughts from spouses... eep.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16