Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF Community Fort  (Read 40931 times)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF Community Fort
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2012, 07:37:43 am »

From the Journals of 'Sir' 1st Granite, 105
Quite a cargo they got. First off, I bought a grimoire for Weiss when he finally gets up - he's been nagging me about it for a while now. We've got a crate of steel and some mithril as well. Always nice to have those.
But, we have a problem, a huge problem in fact. They have dragons. Four of them in fact. Four fucking dragons, and two of them are female, so we have the theoretical option for BREEDING, of all things.
The huge problem is, we can't possibly afford them, if we stay within the boundaries of reasonable trade. Of course, if I strip every soldier of their arms and armour, it's doable - but around here, that's a death sentence for sure. I'll try to hold the caravan here for as long as I can, and the smiths are crafting weapons and gold crafts for sale as fast as they can, but it's still a long shot.

From the Journals of 'Sir' 10th Granite, 105
Drown the kids and shoot the neighbors! We've got ALL of dragons... bitchin' cool!
Okay, so I had to sell a few sets of armor, a masterwork mithril greataxe (that alone was worth 46000 urists... a true pain to part with it), along with practically all of our spoils of war - the goblins left plenty, but I hope it will be worth it. I'll have Meph design a lair for the beasts: for now, I don't want to use them for warfare.
Mainly because they are so absurdly valuable, but also they are pretty damn dangerous. I don't want them to burn down the whole fortress, so I'll have them kept deep underground for the moment. But oh boy, when they start to breed...
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2012, 09:55:11 am »

Can i have an Axedwarf? :D

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2012, 11:00:52 am »

Well, my second best one just fell to the zombies, but I'll find something for you.
Any specifics? Has to be male? Has to not die from the first fart of a kitten? (I have plenty of 'dabbling' fighters) Also, name? Child of Armok may be a bit... drastic for a dwarf.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2012, 11:34:04 am »

Just a Military guy,
And Sazosora is his name.
And male if possible.  ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2012, 07:54:53 pm »

Sir...Sir...

Since dragon dont need food, not really anyway, we could pit them underneath the entrance, and use bridges as roofs. Next time trapavoiding idiots invaders show up, we can test the dragons. Since we have 2 breeding couples, I would only put 2 of them in danger, and the rest in a locked room with some nestboxes. These eggs take forever to hatch, would be a waste to eat them all...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2012, 11:47:39 pm »

Out of curiosity, how is my dwarf doing? And what are her stats & kills?
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2012, 03:53:02 am »

I'll have one male trained for war eventually (should be sufficient, a single dragon is menacing enough), but we have more pressing matters: namely, I sold half our armor supply, so we have to restock a bit. On that note: how do I 'open' a crate of steel bars? If it should be automatic, well, it's not in 1.7.2. The smith tells me there aren't enough steel bars for high boots, while we have a crate.

Silus is doing fine, she spent a season or two in the hospital, but recovered completely. She isn't as effective as Freya or Sir anymore (I can't stress enough how absurdly powerful those two have become), but that's about to change, as she is my top candidate for that megabeast essence we have in stock...
She has quite a few kills, I'll post screenshots later today.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2012, 09:45:14 am »

10th Slate, 105
-Reporting for duty, Sir!
-Ah, Hugo, splendid. How is it with the new guys?
-Progress is slow but steady, Sir. They've had their first live combat situation of sorts. I took them out to kill an asp viper head that came back to life, and harassed a few haulers. I admit, Sir, that's not very impressive as a military operation, but it's a start.
-When will they be ready for real combat?
-Impossible to tell, but not anytime soon.
-We have a few captured wild animals, langurs and the like. If your guys are properly armed, do you think they could take those on in the arena?
-I'm almost certain. They may still be green, but damn, if they can't handle minor wildlife with steel weapons, they aren't worth the trouble anyway.
-Good. I'll have it arranged. Dismissed.
-Sir.

-Next!
-Commander.
-Meph, you requested an audience. Anything for our baroness, but I have to ask why?
-Mainly to report, Sir. The recently aquired dragons got their secure dungeon cell dug out and smoothed, they are there now. The haulers reported that the two females have... laid eggs.
-You shittin me?
-Sir, I assure you, it is as I said. Dragon eggs.
-That's the best thing I've heard for months, Meph. Really, that is absouletely fuckin incredible.
-Indeed it is, Sir. When (if) Weiss finally gets better, I'm sure he'll want them trained for war. Do we have permission?
-Not yet, Meph, not yet. When an egg hatches, you can have one of the males, but until then, we keep them well underground. And even after that, we'll handle the beasts with care. Do you have any ideas?
-Honestly, repairing the... well... slightly flawed turret system consumed most of my time, but I'll figure something out.
-Right, the turrets. What about those?
-The fortifications were replaced with moats, the defense system is armed and operational. It has already successfully repelled some forest imps and undead animals. I need to warn you though: turrets are extremely vulnerable to ranged weapons, so if something like that comes around, we have to seal them up.
-That's good enough. Thank you for the report.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2012, 04:09:35 pm »

You need the building: Storage Unit to unpack crates. There were just too many crates, they were clogging up the craftsdwarf.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2012, 12:48:08 pm »

Fantastic. I thought I had an update, then DF crashed, so I'm reverted to an older save again.

Here are Silus' stats and kills until a real update:

This is a low killcount among the officers, so I'll have to do something about it. Stage more (read: any) arena fights for her squad, things like that.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2012, 02:35:58 pm »

Dragons do not have a [CHILD] tag, and therefore their eggs do not hatch in fortress mode.

This is from the DF wiki. Is this true, or this is something Meph has fixed in Masterwork?

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2012, 02:40:23 pm »

if higginbottom is still alive what are his stats, kills and equipment

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2012, 03:06:24 pm »

He's definitely alive - started out as a mediocre fighter, but he's slowly progressing towards greatness.

He uses a mithril battleaxe, and whatever armor he can find laying around, which is sadly not much after the dragon trade. We have breastplates and helms for almsot every soldier, but gauntlets, boots and greaves are used by whoever gets to the stockpile first.

Armor situation is a mess, and one I intend to fix, but it's  hard without a proper iron ore. Tetrahedrite has a small chance of yielding iron if my science is correct, so I'm mostly smelting that, and requesting metal from every trader. Problem is, most caravans got massacred, scared or went insane lately, so not much of the requests actually got through. I'm NOT going to use silly things like copper armor, that is beneath dwarves. MAYBE bronze, if the situation is dire.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2012, 04:08:16 am »

Pretty sure Meph made tetrahedrite non iron bearing with the last update. You gotta do some exploratory digging for hematite. Or maybe a steeloak farm or something.

On an unrelated note, could you dwarf me if there are any available?
Name: Panopticon
Job: Whatever gets me a chance to die hilariously, maybe the freshest and weakest recruit or something.
Gender/other qualities: Don't care, whatever is either funny or catches your eye first.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2012, 05:23:08 am »

Pretty sure Meph made tetrahedrite non iron bearing with the last update. You gotta do some exploratory digging for hematite. Or maybe a steeloak farm or something.

Maybe that's the case with the latest update, but this fort is a bit older, and Meph pumped updates every week until recently. This fort still uses the old 1.7.2, so tetrahedrite is still a source of iron here.

You'll be dwarfed in the next update, but that may have to wait a few days, as my DF-time is spent with the succession fort right now.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16