Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Games and companies that allow monetization on Let's Plays  (Read 24806 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Games and companies that allow monetization on Let's Plays
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 12:03:40 pm »

Please note: Despite the similarities in the name. Sonlirain is not actually the Toady One.

When in doubt, you should likely ask. Send a Email or PM to Toady would be my advice.
True but I doubt Tarn cares but yeah you could ask I mean someone made a book about DF and is selling it.
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022565.do
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »

Well, do note that in the days of 2008, toady did mention he didn't want people to make money by taking his work directly. This is as close as I can get to finding his post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=26101.msg305798#msg305798

The post that Toady linked to unfortunately, is part of a board that is now off limits. From memory though, I'm pretty sure that if you want to profit off of something he owns, you'd have to make certain that what you put out required considerable effort on your part? You can always send him a PM though.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2013, 05:34:38 pm »

Turns out that if I had scrolled back a bit I would have seen previous discussion on it. In my defense I had been up quite a long time when I wrote that!

Alkhemia, you might want to get that cough checked out, a throat infection is not remotely fun. :(
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2013, 05:44:28 pm »

Turns out that if I had scrolled back a bit I would have seen previous discussion on it. In my defense I had been up quite a long time when I wrote that!

Alkhemia, you might want to get that cough checked out, a throat infection is not remotely fun. :(
I would but no insurance.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2013, 06:58:45 pm »

Huh, well this having been rezzed in the last 14 days is neat since I've recently put what I got sent so far into two Google Spreadsheets (it grew to the point of unmaintainable, so I refactored it. My lecturers would be proud). Plus more games:

Google Spreadsheets:

Dwarf Fortress continues to not be on this list until I get a quotable source :( Assuming Toady even allows it, of course.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2013, 08:35:03 am »

...bump. So I created two google forms as well.

One for submitting games and companies to the list
One for reporting out of date or dead information

Thinking of this kind of thing is helping me prototype and figure out the requirements and interface for a "proper website" with this information. Funfunfun.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2013, 08:34:43 pm »

This is awesome Thank You!
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2013, 10:42:50 pm »

Im quite sure im asking for no reason as im quite sure the answer would already be noted in the spreadsheet but here it is anyway. Anyone know Introversion stands on monetization? I just sent them a message about it but untill i hear from them heck... why not ask here in case.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

CookieDog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:59 am »

I just wanted to inform you that Garry's Mod isn't on the list.
Quote from: Garry Newman
Can I make money from videos of Garry’s Mod on Youtube?

Yes - you have my full permission.

It's written at the bottom of http://garrysmod.com/help .
Hope you'll add it to the list so others could see.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]