Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)  (Read 55323 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)
« Reply #270 on: May 21, 2012, 09:14:14 pm »

Wow, people are ignoring a lot of giant slip in favor of a little gut feeling up in here.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 21, 2012, 09:21:37 pm »

ok now that we have a small chance of not losing, as opposed to none I can try to explain.

IMHO the scummiest players of the game would be Obolisk and Shakerag, but I do not have the time to make a case to send 3 votes their way sadly.

So deciding between Urist our valiant IC and Super, the guy who repeatedly attacked me.

Having looked over Super's posts he in all instances seems to be honestly scumhunting, overall unless he is secretly Toaster, that is a supervillian mastermind, or something I sincerely doubt he is scum.

Now honestly given a choice i would rather vote Shakerag than Urist, but that is not an option at this point.

To add to it, Urist has been pressuring a motion, and while this might be seen as a town tell in that he desired someone to be lynched before we lose, the fact that I am the deciding vote and that super has been poking me post of the Day leads me to suspect he expected my to vote super. <- all hypothesis.

I am interested in learning who the scum were.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 21, 2012, 09:24:10 pm »

and now I look like an idiot, seeing as my clock read 915 at the time of this I thought there was less time than expected and rushed through P6 that is posts 240-300. I am deeply sorry for that.

Unvote, Vote Super[unvote]

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 21, 2012, 09:26:44 pm »

Wait, is Jiokuy voting for Super now?  What's up with that thing at the end of his vote bit?
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 21, 2012, 09:27:25 pm »

Oh yeah, also, EXTEND
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 21, 2012, 09:29:17 pm »

Sorry for so many posts, finally got done reading through.

Super, #1 rule to mafia. Town do/should not lie. it will in most all situations lead too a bad outcome for town if you are town / a good outcome for scum. e.g. it is a scummy move.

So how does Scum IC work anyways? I'm assuming they have some sort of mentor?

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 21, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »

Wow I am hitting post too fast tonight, the thing at the end of my vote is messed up tagging, that is a vote for Super, also do we want and extend? as far as I can tell we probably are not going to get much more than what we have given more time?

I'll abstain from the extend.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 21, 2012, 09:36:01 pm »

The extend went through when obolisk voted it.

IMHO the scummiest players of the game would be Obolisk and Shakerag, but I do not have the time to make a case to send 3 votes their way sadly.
Now you do. It'll give us something to think about tonight.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2012, 10:45:02 pm »

...Toaster...

You can't suspect a non-player.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2012, 07:40:56 am »

I'll re-read everything, and then make up my mind about Urist vs Super.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2012, 08:31:39 am »

Supercharazad: Urist Imiknorris, Shakerag, Jiokuy
Urist Imiknorris: obolisk0430, Supercharazad

Day ends Yesterday 9:00 PM MST. Two votes for an extension, two needed to extend the day.

Day has been extended to Thursday 9:00 PM MST.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2012, 09:35:16 am »

Unvote, Vote Jiokuy

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2012, 10:07:42 am »

[So you all opted for an extension.  Let's see you use it.]

You claim he's one of your prime suspects when you haven't been questioning him at all.
Yeah, I guess I haven't.
Way to follow through here.  You're not exactly making me feel like what Urist is saying about you is off the mark.

And now the problem we have 2 votes on two guys. hmm. So if who we lynch turn scum we know who to target next no, otherwise we lose yes?

Unvote, Vote Urist
What the hell is this crap?  Where are your reas...

ok now that we have a small chance of not losing, as opposed to none I can try to explain.
... okay. 

... wait, what?  Where in the hell is this coming from now?  With everything that's been going back and forth this last day of the game, you're putting me and obolisk as scummier than Urist or Supercharazad?  Luckily for you there's an extension, so I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Having looked over Super's posts he in all instances seems to be honestly scumhunting, overall unless he is secretly Toaster, that is a supervillian mastermind, or something I sincerely doubt he is scum.
And what Urist pointed out about Supercharazad is irrelevant ... how?

Now honestly given a choice i would rather vote Shakerag than Urist, but that is not an option at this point.
All of my WTF.  Is my head screwed on correctly?  Because I don't remember hearing anything about this before now. 

To add to it, Urist has been pressuring a motion, and while this might be seen as a town tell in that he desired someone to be lynched before we lose, the fact that I am the deciding vote and that super has been poking me post of the Day leads me to suspect he expected my to vote super. <- all hypothesis.

I am interested in learning who the scum were.
"A motion"?  Also, it took me a while to parse what you were saying here.  I think I see what you were getting at, but the reasoning feels weak to me.  Wouldn't Super/obolisk be expecting you to vote Urist? 

Sorry for so many posts, finally got done reading through.

Super, #1 rule to mafia. Town do/should not lie. it will in most all situations lead too a bad outcome for town if you are town / a good outcome for scum. e.g. it is a scummy move.

[This is good and all, but just because you feel you've found scum doesn't mean you're off the hook for the day.  There are two scum left, so assuming scum is lynched today, the game will go on, and the other scum needs to be found as well.]

[Also, I'm not sure what you're asking about scum IC.  In a beginner's game, there are two scum, and a non-playing IC is assigned to coach the scumteam in the scumchat.]

You can't suspect a non-player.
[Hush, you.  I think he was joking, anyway.]

I'll re-read everything, and then make up my mind about Urist vs Super.
I'm not necessarily certain this is the case, but saying this without addressing Urist's last post to you comes across to me as "Oh shit, I need to bus my scumbuddy and distance myself while doing so."  I had you pegged as town for most of the game in my head, but now I'm wondering if you're getting the LYLO jitters. 

PPE:
Unvote, Vote Jiokuy
[I can't even fathom what you're about here.  Voting one's self is nearly universially seen as scummy, and there is especially no reason to do so in a beginner's game.]

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2012, 10:48:10 am »

Jiokuy:
Unvote, Vote Jiokuy
The fuck.

Toaster advises the scum over radio scumchat.

Shakerag:
... wait, what?  Where in the hell is this coming from now?  With everything that's been going back and forth this last day of the game, you're putting me and obolisk as scummier than Urist or Supercharazad?  Luckily for you there's an extension, so I'd love to hear your reasoning.
a) How am I scummy? Your own words, please.
b) He sort of answered that when he voted Super.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2012, 10:53:49 am »

Fuck it, time to follow Herr Dakerion's bible.

Unvote, Vote Jiokuy: What the flying fuck are you doing voting yourself?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22