Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)  (Read 55395 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2012, 11:48:10 am »

[And a few more things.]

but often a scum will tend to hide in the top 2-3.
[I'm not picking on you intentionally, I swear, but this is another good point to address.  You assume here that the scumteam is competent.  This is not necessarily a good assumption to have.  The scum players in a game you are in may be good, bad, or anywhere in-between.  Look for scum, not whoever's at the top.]

I have no idea how to go about defending myself.
Blindly trying things is usually better than blindly not trying things.
[At least do this.  If you do it right, great, people voting you may unvote you.  If you don't do it right, you'll hear from me again until you are.]

If you don't think you're doing well or learning properly, it's probably because you're either not doing enough to learn from or accomplish much, or not following or asking for the right advice.
[Or maybe your ICs are new and they suck.  *cough*  >_>]

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2012, 01:00:19 pm »

I'm voting Jiokuy because:

-Voting people for scumhunting
-BSing about keeping sides balanced
-Giving up

However, I also don't like how borno tied the vote to stop his own lynch.

I'd also like to second Shakerag's points about assuming competent scum and giving up. Don't do either - the first may well come back to bite you in the ass if/when scum don't do what you expect, and giving up means you get lynched instead of whoever you think is scum.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2012, 02:12:24 pm »

I am voting hapah because he was using bullshit reasoning in his vote borno.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2012, 02:16:13 pm »

This is OOC and has no relevence to the game. Move along.

I would like to sign up as a replacement, in case one is needed.

This is OOC and has no relevence to the game. Move along.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2012, 02:43:14 pm »

I am voting Jiokuy for his his bad reasoning for his bandwagon vote. Also because he voted for the people who were scumhunting.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2012, 02:48:23 pm »

I would like to sign up as a replacement, in case one is needed.
Yay, because one is. Rather, one more is.

Jim: Lord Allagon requested a replacement, and Karlito and Dr. Philbes apparently are either indisposed or too lazy to play. Scelly and zomara have stated that they'd be willing to replace in, so if/when you get role PMs from those three, will those three be replaced during the transition?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2012, 04:23:14 pm »

Jim: Lord Allagon requested a replacement, and Karlito and Dr. Philbes apparently are either indisposed or too lazy to play. Scelly and zomara have stated that they'd be willing to replace in, so if/when you get role PMs from those three, will those three be replaced during the transition?

Yes.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2012, 06:06:26 pm »

First things first: Jim, thanks for stepping up!

I am voting borno because of what I saw as a small scumtell.

obolisk0430: I'll be the first to admit my reasoning is weak, but I've got to go with what I saw. I don't think Jiokuy smells like roses either (I'd really like to know where that 1/9 came from, among other things), but there you are. If anything, I think the fact that Jiokuy managed to make that large a misstep makes him look a little less suspicious to me (which goes into "So Scummy He's Town" territory a little, I know, but I stand by it).
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2012, 09:20:00 pm »

obolisk0430: I'll be the first to admit my reasoning is weak, but I've got to go with what I saw. I don't think Jiokuy smells like roses either (I'd really like to know where that 1/9 came from, among other things), but there you are. If anything, I think the fact that Jiokuy managed to make that large a misstep makes him look a little less suspicious to me (which goes into "So Scummy He's Town" territory a little, I know, but I stand by it).

"Oh no, he's on to me.  I know, if I throw out an FOS, it will totally make him leave me alone, right?"

Wrong.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »

[So everyone's content to end the day on a tie then?]

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2012, 04:15:36 pm »

If nothing else, it should be educational.  :) I'm fine with it for that reason: experience is a very good teacher.

There's still a few hours, though: Someone might change their mind.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2012, 05:08:08 pm »

Day ends Today 9:00 PM MST, in ~6 hours.

[3] borno: Hapah, Jiokuy, Lord Allagon
[1] Hapah: obolisk0430
[3] Jiokuy: Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris, borno

Not Voting: Dr. Phibes, Karlito
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2012, 05:24:50 pm »

Extend

Hapah, as much as I think Jiokuy is scum, I can't ignore your last few posts.

-You're voting someone with admittedly weak reasoning.
-You're trying to claim that a large misstep somehow makes someone look more town.
-You're okay with the day ending on a tie (functionally a no lynch).  Guess what the only way for scum to get taken out is?  Why do you want the scumteam to have a free NK? 
-Asking about your "spat" as if looking for town approval.

I could go on, but unfortunately my posting time is getting cut short right now due to RL.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2012, 06:08:04 pm »

Wait, what the hell is this?  I didn't even notice when you first posted this.

Have fun swinging from a rope, scum.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »

Extend

Hapah, as much as I think Jiokuy is scum, I can't ignore your last few posts.

-You're voting someone with admittedly weak reasoning.
-You're trying to claim that a large misstep somehow makes someone look more town.
-You're okay with the day ending on a tie (functionally a no lynch).  Guess what the only way for scum to get taken out is?  Why do you want the scumteam to have a free NK? 
-Asking about your "spat" as if looking for town approval.

I could go on, but unfortunately my posting time is getting cut short right now due to RL.
By line:
-Yes. It's Day 1, anyone who says their reasoning isn't weak is deluding themselves. If someone had a rock-solid case we wouldn't have a split vote, we'd have someone on the end of a rope.
-I'm saying that scum normally have their shit together more than that. Even in a beginner's name, I wouldn't expect a scum to manage to cram his foot so far down his own throat.
-I am. I'm not exactly fresh off the bus, and I understand the value of a D1 lynch in a vanilla game like this, but I'm not going to make the townie's best decisions for them. If it managed to go through the entire weekend, all of Monday, and most of today (until you broke the tie) without anyone stepping up to the plate, then I'll let it ride.
-I don't see how soliciting opinions is scummy at all. I thought I saw a scumtell, and I wanted to see if anyone else saw what I saw.

Wait, what the hell is this?  I didn't even notice when you first posted this.

Have fun swinging from a rope, scum.

A.) I'm town.
B.) You'll need one more. Not saying you won't get it, but this seems a little premature.
C.) Your last four (four!) posts have been attacking me. I admire your dedication, really, but you haven't so much as glanced at anyone else since last Friday. I answered your questions as best I could; if you're not happy with the responses, that's fine. But following up every one of my posts with an attack on me seems a bit excessive.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22