Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)  (Read 55379 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2012, 11:13:32 pm »

Obolisk: At this stage of the game that's not really a bullshit reason.

it seemed too close to an I'm voting you because of X as opposed to a random vote.
Ideally, once you start getting actual suspicions, you'd stop random voting and start pursuing them.

Dr. Philbes, what did you learn from the last game?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 12:11:23 am »

Unvote, Vote Hapah. You are mafia on D1. You haven't gotten a good read on the behavior of the town, except for a lurker. Do you NK the lurker, or a random towny?

borno, that's a weak edit, man. You added a whole four letters. It suggests that you aren't so much concerned with the answer as making sure you're pointing enough fingers. If you missed it the first time, that's cool, it happens. If you wanted to ask an actually DIFFERENT question, I'm cool with that too. But what you did, with the lazy edit and not answering my question? It doesn't smell right to me.
I'm having trouble with my wording, but that's no reason to vote for me. What I meant by that edit was asking if your NK would change if it was D1, no reason for an OMGUS, Scum. Every post you make sounds more like someone is telling you what to do. Toaster? Or your scumbuddy?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2012, 09:25:15 am »

I'm having trouble with my wording, but that's no reason to vote for me.
It's RVS. I don't think that I need a reason. Even if I did, it appears you are more guilty of this than me: You voted obol and myself with nothing more substantial than what I have on you.

What I meant by that edit was asking if your NK would change if it was D1, no reason for an OMGUS, Scum.
No, it wouldn't. I feel the first question covered my general blueprint as scum for all days (every game is different, of course, but a rough plan is always good to have. The plan should guide you, though, not control you). And I really don't think my post on you qualified as an OMGUS, I just think you look a little scummier than everyone else.

Every post you make sounds more like someone is telling you what to do. Toaster? Or your scumbuddy?
Now this, this looks like an OMGUS to me, though I'd like to know what other people think. You're saying that not only am I scum, I'm incompetent scum: I can't even figure out what to say on my own.

Everyone: What is your opinion on mine and borno's little spat?

Karlito: If you've had a chance to catch up with the thread, what are your impressions so far?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2012, 09:45:12 am »

e.g. If I know who the cop is I might be able to bait the Godfather with the cop, then again who knows. Godfathers are unusual.
"Bait" the Godfather? 

Karlito: You haven't contributed so far. Here's a question: You are mafia on LYLO. You dropped a major scumtell, and now everyone's on your back. Do you accept your fate? If not, what do you do to get the heat off you?
Ideally, sow as much confusion as possible. I doubt I'm deceptive enough to wriggle out of a lynch for more than another turn, so the best thing would be to try and transfer some suspicion onto a townie or two. Realistically, such shenanigans depend a lot on my available time and energy in real life. If I've got a lab report due the next day, I'd probably just roll over and die  :).
[I'd like to take this opportunity to reinforce one of the lines at the top of this thread.  "Never underestimate your importance, and always play to win!"  If you roll over and die, under any circumstance, then you're not helping your team win.  I have certainly seen players be near lynch and manage to turn things around by playing strong from that point on.  If you give up, you'll never know if you could have turned things around.]

Karlito: Good to see you're still alive! I was afraid of one person requesting replacement and two more going MIA: It'll kill a game real fast.
[It's my opinion that active players not posting is what kills a game more often.  Remember:  Town needs to post (scumhunt) to root out the scum.  Scum needs to post to look like town and avoid getting lynched.  Both sides need to be making with the content to win.]

And nobody asked, but I don't really like the RVS in general. You do have to get the conversation moving, sure, but I wish people were a little tighter with their votes.
[You certainly wouldn't be the first to have that opinion.  People have tried some alternatives to RVS to start the game, but it's generally run this way.]

I'm having trouble with my wording, but that's no reason to vote for me. What I meant by that edit was asking if your NK would change if it was D1, no reason for an OMGUS, Scum. Every post you make sounds more like someone is telling you what to do. Toaster? Or your scumbuddy?
[Definitions may differ depending on who you ask, but I'd technically not call that an OMGUS.  If your vote wasn't an RVS vote, then perhaps.]

Meh.  [Don't look to everyone else for approval.  If you think you've found scum, then press on!  If you think he's town, then go after someone else.  Everyone else will (or should) "tell" you what they think by going after you, your target, or someone else.]

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2012, 03:29:32 pm »

Obolisk: At this stage of the game that's not really a bullshit reason.

it seemed too close to an I'm voting you because of X as opposed to a random vote.
Ideally, once you start getting actual suspicions, you'd stop random voting and start pursuing them.

Dr. Philbes, what did you learn from the last game?

That i shouldnt draw my conslusions to fast. How on earth is that a reason to vote someone for?
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2012, 03:36:53 pm »

Dr Phibes: You haven't contributed so far. Here's a question: You are a cop on MYLO. The town has decided to call a No-Lynch. There a very scummy person (Although it may just be Newbieness) who is actively scumhunting, and one from a person who hasn't contributed to scumhunting, but hasn't dropped any scumtells either. Who do you inspect?

The one who is not contributing, since he havent done anything it would be impossible to know if he was scummy. So i would prolly question the lurker.

Sorry, have been a bit busy, but i can be semi-active know. Going to look through the thread now.
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2012, 12:51:30 am »

Every post you make sounds more like someone is telling you what to do. Toaster? Or your scumbuddy?
Now this, this looks like an OMGUS to me, though I'd like to know what other people think. You're saying that not only am I scum, I'm incompetent scum: I can't even figure out what to say on my own.
Where did I say you were incompetent scum? Even if you are competent, toaster is even more.
It's RVS. I don't think that I need a reason. Even if I did, it appears you are more guilty of this than me: You voted obol and myself with nothing more substantial than what I have on you.
I interpreted what you said as a vote against me just because I did a 'Bad' edit. Also, my votes on Obolisk and you had even less substance, because they were RVS votes. I also assumed that you had already voted for someone else, and that it wasn't random.

Also, Extend. I want to see how Hapah and I's little argument turns out.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2012, 09:28:41 am »

Dr. Philbes:
How on earth is that a reason to vote someone for?
Because voting someone for pressure is a thing that can be done. Also, early on in the game, there may not be much evidence to support any vote.

Hapah:
The point of RVS is to generate discussion so that people can start voting and scumhunting based on actual reasons. Once that starts happening, the RVS is pretty much over. So why didn't you think you needed a reason?

That depends. What's your opinion on borno's alignment?

Jiokuy, obolisk: Why aren't you voting? Who do you suspect at this point?

Karlito:
Give me a few minutes to read through the thread again more carefully and then I'll put up another post with questions.
Whatever happened to this?

Shakerag: Are you just going to let your vote sit on Lord Allagon?

Mod: Please prod Jiokuy, Karlito, and obolisk. Also, what's your policy on votes made by people who are up for replacement? (i.e. Are you still counting Lord Allagon's vote?)

Everyone: Post more. Inactivity is one of the major killers of Beginners' Mafias, and makes it much easier for scum to win.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2012, 09:29:40 am »

EBWOP: Extend.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2012, 10:14:34 am »

Unvote

Well both Urist and borno are a bit suspicious. The most recent spat nonwithstanding. There has not been anything that really shouts oh look at me. Iwas mostly watching to see how it would  play out.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2012, 11:28:30 am »

Karlito, where are you?
Right here! Give me a few minutes to read through the thread again more carefully and then I'll put up another post with questions.

Karlito.  Dude.  This was two days ago.  Where the hell are you?
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2012, 11:40:33 am »

Shakerag: Are you just going to let your vote sit on Lord Allagon?

Yes, until he Oh, derp, forgot he was up for replacement.  unvote

Extend.  [Activity, everyone.  You need more of it.  Don't let this extend go to waste.]

Unvote

Well both Urist and borno are a bit suspicious. The most recent spat nonwithstanding. There has not been anything that really shouts oh look at me. Iwas mostly watching to see how it would  play out.

[There is something important missing from your post.  Reasons.  Voting someone because you were called out for not voting can and likely will be looked at as scummy, *if* you don't have a good reason for voting that person.  Also, if there's nothing that shouts out at you, maybe you could try some scumhunting.  Guess what sitting back and watching something play out would likely be seen as?]

Also, I asked you a question, Jiokuy.

Karlito, where are you?
Right here! Give me a few minutes to read through the thread again more carefully and then I'll put up another post with questions.

Karlito.  Dude.  This was two days ago.  Where the hell are you?
[You may want to investigate some leads into more active players while you wait for a response.]

[Which leads me into a good bit of advice for everyone.  Make sure your posts aren't just comprised of answers to other people's questions.  Yes, you have to respond if you're being asked, but if you don't initiate any questioning/scumhunting of your own then you're not helping to find scum.  And if you're scum doing that, then you're not doing a very good job of trying to look like town.]

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2012, 12:55:08 pm »

Forgive me if the formatting is a little janky.

Spoiler: Urist (click to show/hide)

borno: Good response, see my answers to Urist. If there's a question in your latest post, just let me know.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2012, 07:07:42 pm »

Jiokuy: Why does Urist look suspicious to you? (S)he's ruffling some feathers, sure, but you've got to do that to catch people. What do you see?

And yeah, where the heck is everyone?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2012, 12:01:13 am »

And yeah, where the heck is everyone?
Everyone: Post more. Inactivity is one of the major killers of Beginners' Mafias, and makes it much easier for scum to win.
Extend.  [Activity, everyone.  You need more of it.  Don't let this extend go to waste.]
I can only post a few times a day, and I'm also going away for the weekends.

Unvote

Jiokuy,Like what Shakerag said. What are your reasons for suddenly jumping on my bandwagon?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22