Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How long does it usually take before the Fun starts happening?  (Read 5115 times)

xmakina

• Bay Watcher
  • in lapidem, Libertas
    • View Profile
    • Centre of the Back
Re: How long does it usually take before the Fun starts happening?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 08:51:16 am »

Always ensure your terrifying embark has at least some non terrifying ground to put your fort/ for your consecrated graveyard.
If you find yoru zombies too tough fun you can change the raws so they respawn monthly rather than weekly which gives your haulers time to remove the battered corpses before they reanimate..
How do I do that?

When embarking pressing F1/F2 etc. (they are listed) will show the biomes which your embark zone crosses. Ensure that at least one of those biomes isn't Evil (terrifying, haunted or sinister) and make a note of which tiles are flashing before you embark. Putting corpses here will stop them environmentally resurrecting.
Anyone who doesn't have a lever causing global apocalypse isn't playing the game correctly
But it should be easy enough not to use them in a way you feel is dumb while letting other people have their hilarity.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 10:26:31 am »

Always ensure your terrifying embark has at least some non terrifying ground to put your fort/ for your consecrated graveyard.
If you find yoru zombies too tough fun you can change the raws so they respawn monthly rather than weekly which gives your haulers time to remove the battered corpses before they reanimate..
How do I do that?
I don't remember, and i can't seem to find it anymore :/
edit: In the df folder open data/save/region 1/raw/interaction examples/interaction_region
then change
 [INTERACTION:EXAMPLE DEAD ANIMATION IN EVIL REGIONS WITH MATERIAL CLOUDS AND RAIN]
[I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_INTERMITTENT:WEEKLY] <----------------------- This To [IE_INTERMITTENT:MONTHLY]

I've done this and it seems to be right for making corpses respawn at a far more managable rate.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:37:05 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 10:34:40 am »

Want fast fun? Get your cook working overtime, buy out every caravan, stonecrafter pumping out stuff, magma glass furnace if you can. A few seasons of that, wealth will be through the roof, if you can be seiged, you will be.

Heh, my phone wants to Autocorrect seiged into edited. Fitting, for this game :p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a prerecorded message.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 11:01:51 am »

For me, fun starts when I embark to a evil zone and laugh at the tentacles sitting around everywhere.  And then more fun when zombies arrive.  Which turns into panic because for the nth time I've forgotten to make a dorf a soldier and bring war dogs.
Cat heads, cat heads, roly poly cat heads,
Biting at the dorf necks, now I have dorf heads.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 12:24:00 pm »

bring war dogs.

On an evil biome? Insta-embark kill. Unless you want that to happen :P

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 12:33:09 pm »

I found i couldn't stand a chance against zombie Camels if i didn't have war dogs.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 12:35:22 pm »

But with autozombie in effect, if the zombie camels kill the war dogs, you now have zombie camles and zombie war dogs.

Sure, pouring enough oil on a fire fast enough can put it out. Most of the time though, it makes a messy explosion.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 03:44:37 am »

Want fast fun? Get your cook working overtime, buy out every caravan, stonecrafter pumping out stuff, magma glass furnace if you can. A few seasons of that, wealth will be through the roof, if you can be seiged sieged, you will be.

Heh, my phone wants to Autocorrect seiged sieged into edited. Fitting, for this game :p

edited
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 06:54:40 am »

Eventually i had zombie dogs to kill, but the zombie camels were seriously nasty, 2 steel armoured axedorfs couldn't kill a single one before getting kicked in the head and dieing.
But with dogs the camels were too busy kicking the shit out of the dogs, which actually managed to dodge very well.
I managed to kill all the camels, and the couple of dogs i lost were easily dispatched.
however the camels regenerated too fast to haul to safe ground so i lost anyway :P
Pages: 1 2 [3]