Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: The Cyclist - #roundten #part2  (Read 12747 times)

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
Re: The Cyclist - #roundfour
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2012, 10:32:07 pm »

@Caellath: You stated "agile, leaping and dodging" specifically. I'll remember that, but it was still an un-winnable encounter. Which there won't be any more of.

I just had an idea: what are your thoughts on Initiative for who goes first?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2012, 10:37:17 pm »

@Caellath: You stated "agile, leaping and dodging" specifically. I'll remember that, but it was still an un-winnable encounter. Which there won't be any more of.
((I had no problem with the un-winnable encounter and overriding Tiruin's action since the target was already dead was not wrong :V))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2012, 10:39:58 pm »

I don't see the problem with altering the action actually. It would be unnecessarily cruel to include a flying knee to the face to the last few seconds of a dying man's life.

Good thing.  :P

((I had no problem with the un-winnable encounter and overriding Tiruin's action since the target was already dead was not wrong :V))
^^

I just had an idea: what are your thoughts on Initiative for who goes first?
Yes on the initiative, but if the action fails to match with the situation (like mine), go for the next sensible thing (which I should've put).

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2012, 10:57:05 pm »

Awesome! Feedback is always helpful. I've added a lot of rules to the OP.

Caellath (4-1=3) Emmanuel Feldstein (Init 6)
Emmanuel rolls over onto his side and stands up. He makes it back to the bench without a hitch but he's not quite steady on his feet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

agentorangesoda (5) Asher Black (Init 5)
Asher whips out his Android and speed-dials his brother. He instantly answers:
"Sup bro? Need something?
Aight, I'll be there in 5 with the van. Stay cool."

He hangs up.

Powder Miner (3) May Powlin (Init 6 8)
May spots a broken branch from some kind of fake plant off where Emmanuel is. There isn't any shooting going on for the moment so she rushes out and nabs it.
(Innovation) You have enough materials to create a Makeshift Wooden Sword!

TCM (6) Kelly O'Darish (Init 2)
Kelly sidles past a frightened staff member and navigates to a door at the rear of the store. She slips through into a short hallway and quietly closes it behind her - then realises that there is another of those evil guys in the business suits standing there with his back to her. He seems to be listening to an earpiece and hasn't noticed her. There is an extinguisher and a mop and bucket on the wall, a door leading to a toilet/changeroom to the right, a door leading back into the mall on the left and a fire escape door at the end of the short hallway.

Spinal_Taper (5) Gautama (Gill) Peterson (Init 3)
The Black Eye seems to be frozen in place. The woman Seer approaches him first.

Tiruin (4) Ria Winter (Init 3 10)
Ria flees with Emmanuel back to the bench where the woman Seer has just arrived.

Game Event:
With only one Black Eye remaining, the woman Seer rushes over to the bench and those that are there.
"You five! Where's your sixth? You all need to come with us, NOW, or face erasure!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2012, 11:04:00 pm »

Still a little disoriented from the elbow to his head, Emmanuel gives a witty answer:
"Miss, you really should be more polite. Yelling at people hardly convinces them to do what you ask them. And I do not know where our 'sixth' is, aside from the fact we need a better reason to follow you than a threat."
Emmanuel looks towards Ria inquisitively and motions towards the hag with a silent message "You should try your hand at extracting some information from her" or simply "Try it.".

The youngster assumes a defensive position, just in case, but will ultimately follow her because he is Genre Savvy.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:06:02 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2012, 11:04:58 pm »

"E-erasure?!" May tapes the aluminum to the branch and holds it in a defensive position nervously.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »

"It's cool babe, I already got a ticket outta this bloodbath"

Asher desperately tries to look cool and mask his obvious fear

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cyclist - #roundthree
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2012, 11:51:28 pm »

((Sorry, I had him mixed up with an earlier version who I gave marksmenship))
Gautama puts on a brave face and says"Emmanuel, she just shot fireballs and deflected bullets with her mind, she may have a point. And Asher, do you think a car will protect you from either her group or who she was fighting?". Gautama has doubt and fear all over his face as he says this, even as he tries to be logical and keep their group together.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:58:20 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2012, 11:54:43 pm »

Emmanuel has doubt and fear all over his face as he says this, even as he tries to be logical and keep their group together.
((Your character's name is not Emmanuel nor it is Thomas.

It is Gautama Peterson.

You are mixing names and RtDs.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2012, 12:02:34 am »

((Your character's name is not Emmanuel nor it is Thomas.

It is Gautama Peterson.

You are mixing names and RtDs.))
[/quote]((Damn it, I can understand Thomas, but how Emmanuel, really past self, really?I'm very dissapointed.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2012, 07:29:10 am »

Ria turned to the woman, she looked friendly enough, in a frantic way. It was better than facing those in black, by the way she said it.

But...erasure? She still felt shaken by the...murder earlier, but she tried to suppress the quiver in her tone.

"I'm completely los- hey, Emmanuel, you don't look good. Let me help you."

Help Emmanuel to cope with his concussion, then follow the Seer as I can't get to the Sports store at all.

:P

Ask her before anything:

"How do we know we can trust you? You aren't attacking us, but...could you at least tell us of this 'sixth' member who is obviously not with us? And, Erasure?!"

It took Ria a few seconds to realize what happened recently. It must've been the adrenaline, or shock, or dead body right in front of her. At least her intuition had sense enough to correct her.

"Um, nevermind the question on the sixth, then."

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:50:06 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2012, 07:36:53 am »

"How do we know we can trust you? You aren't attacking us, but...could you at least tell us of this 'sixth' member who is obviously not with us? And, Erasure?!"
((The "sixth" is our marathonist girl who legged it.))
>Yes?

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2012, 07:38:19 am »

((The "sixth" is our marathonist girl who legged it.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2012, 07:48:25 am »

((You could've told me in-game  :P

Nevertheless, edited.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2012, 07:50:32 am »

((You could've told me in-game  :P

Nevertheless, edited.))
((Emmanuel, being a character controlled by me, would slap the back of your head before telling you, so no, consider my OC warning a gift.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14