Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: The Cyclist - #roundten #part2  (Read 12749 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The Cyclist - #roundtwo
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2012, 11:31:12 pm »

May just holds the aluminum and huddles under the table.

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2012, 07:48:19 am »

I like how you guys are posting quickfast! None of my other games went this well.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2012, 08:41:32 am »

Asher views the commotion through a watery haze. Each blink of his eyes send crystals of light bouncing around his field of vision. A pit in his stomach had welled up, reminding him of the first time he got burned by his parents with a quarter pound. But he didn't run away then! After all he was just holding it for a friend from the city....at least that was the explanation that got his sentence commuted from a week of no tv to a verbal warning. Asher calmly suggests that the belligerants "chill out bro, we don't gotta scrap in here, police response time is like 3 minutes on average in the suburbs. You should probably get outta here before the popo light this mutha up."

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
Re: The Cyclist - #roundthree
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2012, 09:34:50 am »

I just rolled, then realised TCM hadn't posted. :S
I hope s/he doesn't mind since Kelly is hiding in the Hotdog shop anyway.

Game Event:
The weapon-less Black Eye is running straight for Gill!

Caellath (2+1=3) Emmanuel Feldstein
Emmanuel charges forward at the Black Eye, attempting to get to him first. Just as he closes in he takes a longer step and lifts his knee - which is easily palmed aside by the hulking man in front of him. A moment later his opponent's elbow slams into the side of his own head. He drops like a fly and lolls on the floor. The stick is lost from his hand. A loud gunshot keeps him conscious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

agentorangesoda (2+1=3) Asher Black
Asher notices May crawl under the bench and he wipes the tear from his cheek. He coughs and tells May that they shouldn't be staying where they are. May nods once in agreement from under the bench, looking quite scared.

Powder Miner (4) May Powlin
May takes the aluminium and duct tape then takes Gill's place under the bench.

TCM (3) Kelly O'Darish
Kelly is hiding in the Hotdog Shop.

Spinal_Taper (5) Gautama (Gill) Peterson
Gill pushes Ria away as quickly and gently as he can and dives for the gun. He looks up in time to see Emmanuel tossed aside like a doll and raises the weapon up. He aims.
BANG
The recoil is so extreme he stumbles backward as the gun leaps up. He lowers his hands and watches the Black Eye examine a spot on his chest in surprise.
The bullet shell ting! ting-tings on the tiled floor and the Black Eye looks at Gill with a dead man's gaze, falls to his knees and collapses in a heap.
The remaining Black Eye stops firing at the Seers and stares at the five teens around the bench.

Tiruin (6) Ria Winter
Dice Roll negated to instead create dramatic scene
Ria runs to Emmanuel instead of attacking. She crouches by his limp form, one hand on his rising-and-falling chest, and watches as the Black Eye is shot and dies.

Nearby Items:
- Spindly fake plant branch (1 inch thick)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:05:14 pm by Yoman987 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2012, 10:22:16 am »

((So are our skills just for flavor? Oh boy.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2012, 10:27:33 am »

Hrm. I should have put modifiers in for skills LONG ago, and also clarified that Black Eyes are baddasses in regards to attacking. Instant 5s.

I'll add mods to the skills now.

EDIT: Done. I think I'll add to the OP later with definite rules and how I am working combat.
Basically with combat, higher rolls overpower lower ones whether attacking or defending. Equal rolls are draws or negations, of course.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:53:41 am by Yoman987 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2012, 11:55:40 am »

Emmanuel tries to shake off the concussion and move away towards the medieval goods store, because his upbringing did not teach him to be weak.

"We really should leave this place right now."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2012, 05:14:50 pm »

"Good plan. You all leave first."Gill leads a retreat from the area, letting the others go first, and firing at anyone who attacks them.

((Did I get a bonus to that shot?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2012, 05:50:50 pm »

((Ah, it's fine.))

Sneak through the back of the store, use running skills to get to the Hardware store.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2012, 06:03:07 pm »

May dashes away from the table and dives under something else a bit towards the exit, desperately looking for a stick or something.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:04:38 pm by Powder Miner »

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2012, 06:14:48 pm »

Asher uses his remaining phone to call up his bro from the OP, Terrance, to come pick him and this fly honey up and get out of dodge.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2012, 06:21:38 pm »

((Hahaa! Success, I get a si-...Oh great.))

Ria gulped and looked at Emmanuel as she backed off, "I agree...we just killed a man..." Fear was mixed with her voice, but she did her best to keep it down.

Sporting Goods store! Flee!!

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2012, 10:06:10 pm »

Alright. After a bit of a chat with Caellath I won't be 'negating' your rolls like I did Tiruin's just then. I thought it was a good idea in theory but it's more like I'm overriding you as a player. :/
@Spinal_Taper: No you didn't, were you were supposed to?

I'm trying to make this game fun for you guys, so opinions on what I'm doing is fine! Send me a PM.
Also, I'm rolling now.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cyclist - #roundfour
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2012, 10:14:19 pm »

((That scene was kind of strange, since Emmanuel state's description slightly conflicts with the one on my turn.))
>Yes?

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cyclist - #roundfour
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2012, 10:28:45 pm »

I don't see the problem with altering the action actually. It would be unnecessarily cruel to include a flying knee to the face to the last few seconds of a dying man's life.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14