Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: The Cyclist - #roundten #part2  (Read 12708 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The Cyclist - #roundeight
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2012, 10:48:10 am »

May rolls her eyes at Asher before hearing "Breakback". "That doesn't sound good!" May hid her head below the window.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2012, 11:44:27 am »

Hide.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2012, 12:36:40 pm »

"Umm... What's a break back?" Gill asked the driver.

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
Re: The Cyclist - #roundten #endpart1
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2012, 11:33:04 pm »

(( @Caellath: An Interface is only better because it can be any shape. That is it. For all purposes the Katana is as sharp as a 'real' or 'old' one.
@agentorange: I KNEW IT :3 ))
Also I SWEAR that the rolls are legit. Proof

Initiative:
Jack, Fire Seer > May > Asher > Emmanuel > Breakback > Kelly > Ria > Gill
Spoiler: Unordered Results (click to show/hide)

Pre-Turn Events:

Caellath (4) Emmanuel Feldstein
Scratched
Emmanuel pushes himself up off the ground and is almost bowled over again by the other Seer on his way back to help.
"JACK!" One of the drivers yell.
That must have been Jack then, and Paul the one he's going to save.
Sarah is frantically beckoning him to get to the vans. He glances behind him and sees that Jack is already helping Paul, so he forgets them and takes off. He gets to the van door with Sarah inside and she gasps and goes wide-eyed. Emmanuel spins around and sees the Breakback swing at the two Seers...

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

agentorangesoda (4) Asher Black
Healthy
Asher turns to May next to him - she's hiding. Asher puffs himself up and puts his arms around her shoulder.
"S'all right, babe. Don't worry, I'll protect you."

Powder Miner (4) May Powlin
Healthy
May drops below the side window and doesn't watch.

TCM (2) Kelly O'Darish
Healthy
Kelly hides!

Spinal_Taper (4) Gautama (Gill) Peterson
Healthy
Gill tries to ask the driver what's going on, but he's too busy actually watching it unfold. Gill looks out the window just in time to see the finale.

Tiruin (4+1=5) Ria Winter
Healthy
Ria hangs out the sliding door and throws the baseball and fast as she can at the Breakback. (DMG 3, no crit) It's a direct hit to his chest but he doesn't seem to notice.

Post-Turn Events:
NPC (4) Jack, Fire Seer
The Fire Seer, who goes by the name of Jack, stands between salvation and heroism - should he escape with those already safe or try to save two more and risk himself?
"Jack! Get in!" Yells the driver.
He mentally struggles for a moment, then turns and runs back the other way.
"JACK!"
Jack clenches a fist and punches a fireball at the Breakback, which is simply knocked away. Jack throws another - blocked. Another. Blocked again. He runs past Emmanuel, who is already up and going, and skids to a stop next to Paul. He lifts Paul's arm over his shoulder, takes a step and stops. He slowly turns to see the Breakback a step away from him with a swirling-blackness held in a raised, closed fist and a deathly grin on his lips.
"I'm sorry Paul."
"Don't be, Jacob. We had a good run."

As the Breakback closes in on Jack and Paul, he pulls his fist back and grimaces - a swirling blackness envelops his hand. He gets to about a metre away from the two men before throwing the punch. In but a second the two men explode into a dark mist in front over everyone's very eyes. They're just gone. The Breakback drops his hand to his side and just looks at the vans. With one eye hidden by broken sunglasses, he blinks. The drivers of the vans curse and stomp on the gas, spin wheels and take off like rockets.

Sarah slumps back into her seat, a look of complete shock on her face. A glistening tear runs down her cheek and her lip wobbles.

End Part One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2012, 11:59:13 pm »

((You don't need to prove those rolls. In my own RTD, the dice are currently loving the players. I mean, three 6s in a row once, then three 5s...

And it seems everyone is happy. I did not rig those dice. XD))

"Well, there goes my baseball." Ria said quietly. She moved over to Sarah and tried to aid her in the best way she could. Offering condolences and saying that those two men back there did the best jobs of their work.

Sacrifice so others could live.

Comfort Seer.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2012, 12:48:31 am »

Gill sat in the van, feeling scared and lightheaded. "Holy shit. They just vanished. He just punched and they just went away." He looked into his hands, at the pistols. "But I didn't do anything to stop him. Dad would be so damn dissapointed."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2012, 12:52:31 am »

May shakes Asher off and slinks lower into the van. Holy. !@#$.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2012, 01:03:30 am »

((Why wasn't I able to save even one of them? Why? Oh wow, that'll leave mental scars at my character.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2012, 03:27:00 am »

((It was a Plot Event, noone could have made anything different happen. Ill do another roll in a few hours for Part Two.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2012, 07:04:27 am »

((Well, the van with Sarah was already quite crowded, it already had Asher, Sarah, Ria and May.

Also, when my character discovers that Interfaces are only as good as a common weapon, no one will be able to make him back down on his decision to carry a real weapon around and refuse to use any "witchery" as he says. Oh boy, we have a long way ahead of us. :P))

Emmanuel shook his head and settled down on the seat. He was not as calm as he appeared to be; a raging inferno flailed and burnt the walls of his mind with a question which repeated itself over and over. Why did he escape to the vans if he wanted to stay? Was he convinced by Sarah pleading for him to move, making use of hand motions and desperate eyes at the time, and moved to join her earnestly believing the other Seer would be able to save the one who had fallen? Or had he just been afraid and ran accordingly, holding his life dearest and forgetting about those of the male Seers?

No matter how many times he tried to remember the fact he had believed in the second Seer's capability of saving the first one, nothing came to him. No matter how many times he forced himself to understand that all of the situation had only happened because of the men in black, it still did not appease him. The youth had escaped from duty as duty had presented itself to him. It didn't matter if he escaped either by trusting the Seers, confusion or fear; the only thing which he cared about was the fact he was by the vans when that happened.

He felt empty. And he did not like it.

Punch the jaw of anyone who does anything which would qualify as stupid.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:25:25 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:36 pm »

May sits back in shock. She asks the driver, " What the bloody hell is going on?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoman987

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Intelligible
    • View Profile
Re: The Cyclist - #roundten #part2
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2012, 09:51:06 pm »

Part Two

Pre-Game Events
The vans drive for a while and everyone comes to terms of what happened in the last hour at the Mall:
The six young people are somehow special - that is, everyone else in the world seems oblivious and stubborn to what the Seers believe. Sarah knows that each one of the group has a particular trait that will help the Seers, but she doesn't quite know what the traits are.
Basically, everyone figures, the Seers are a rebel group against this Cyclist dude, and that he wants you all dead. So in order to not be dead, you have to join forces with the Seers - who will protect and train you all to fight.

The group is being taken the one of the few Seer hideouts that haven't been discovered yet by Blackeyes. Along the way, Sarah and the Driver of the second van answer any questions that anyone has.

[Insert questions and answers here]

After maybe an hour of driving, the vans slow and stop outside of a derelict industrial warehouse in the neighbourhood of other factories and yards. Sarah takes point and leads them to a noisy roller door that opens when the hanging controller is used. Inside is an empty plasterboard-walled room with nothing but a wooden door on one side and a hand-sized hole in the concrete floor. Sarah crouches and pushes two fingers into the hole. There is a slight rumble from below and she stands up again.

"Push that green button, would you Gill?" She asks, pointing at the hanging controller just outside.

Gill complies with a curt nod. When he pushes the button, a section of floor to the side of the room begins to lower with a grating concrete-on-concrete sound. It forms a rough staircase. How anyone would guess that was there is beyond everyone. Sarah goes last down the stairs and closes the secret entrance. Below the warehouse is a richly-furnished set of rooms that look like they were taken out of a mansion. Exquisite rugs, dark wooden tables, wingback chairs and even a set of thick curtains hiding a blank window-frame. They pass three people in total on their way through, one a tall lady in tight leather and heels, one a messy-haired guy in a plaid shirt and jeans, and one a clean-shaven guy in a business suit and spectacles.

Sarah leads them to a thick, carved wooden door with a gold handle and knocks three times.
"Come in Sarah, dear." An older lady calls from inside.

Sarah opens the door and lets the six of them enter first, then enters herself and closes the door behind.
This was a living room, complete with a burning fireplace, chairs and a side table. The curtains to one side hide a window and a small door leads somewhere to the right. The rug on the floor is very large. In front of them is a woman in her later years, quite voluptuous, with dark blonde curly hair and tiny reading glasses. She has a blanket and a ginger cat on her lap, purring.

"Oh, my. Six of you! Well well. What are your names?" She asks, smiling warmly and stroking the cat.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:53:48 pm by Yoman987 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2012, 10:02:40 pm »

Emmanuel was not really in the mood for introductions, nor for talking for that matter. He felt a need to do something else.
"I am Emmanuel Feldstein."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2012, 04:19:48 am »

"I am Ria Winter, ma'am. That is quite a nice cat you have there!" The whole place reminded her of the library, somewhat. Especially the cat.

Those cats.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2012, 08:03:49 am »

Asher, due to his upper middle class upbringing, realizes his place in front of one of his elders and shows a respect not often displayed.

"A-A-Asher, Ma'am..." He sputters out while clumsily bowing for no discernible reason.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14