Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: You are a feudal lord!- Suggestion game  (Read 36738 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a feudal lord!- Suggestion game
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2012, 09:00:34 pm »

We could attempt to act like we are trying to convert our trainer to the churches way. It will kinda help our standing and if we inform our trainer about it he can act like he's kinda starting to convert making it more convincable.
That is a great idea, you are a genius... If only I had a certificate to give you... if only...
What if his superiors are his friends?

Do you think they would seriously consider removing a
priest who up to this point has been very loyal to the church?

If he were of any particular value or importance to them do you think they would have assigned him to a totally unimportant backwater village like ours?

Most likely, the church assigns priests to villages for years at a time as part of a standard training regiment. Our priest was assigned here either because he's not highly regarded, and was therefore assigned a bad post, or more likely he's simply new and has no connections, and was therefore assigned post of no particular value.
Why would they listen to the owner of that fief? How much more wieght does the owner of a backwater village have than the priest of that back water village? The priest is a member of their organization and any organization is more inclinded to listen to it's own members.

And more importantely the church hates us because of the trainer and removing the priest will do nothing to solve our long term problems with the church.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2012, 09:01:58 pm »

What if his superiors are his friends?

Do you think they would seriously consider removing a
priest who up to this point has been very loyal to the church?

If he were of any particular value or importance to them do you think they would have assigned him to a totally unimportant backwater village like ours?

Most likely, the church assigns priests to villages for years at a time as part of a standard training regiment. Our priest was assigned here either because he's not highly regarded, and was therefore assigned a bad post, or more likely he's simply new and has no connections, and was therefore assigned post of no particular value.

+ 1

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Let's ask for a new one, can't hurt.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2012, 09:05:42 pm »

We could attempt to act like we are trying to convert our trainer to the churches way. It will kinda help our standing and if we inform our trainer about it he can act like he's kinda starting to convert making it more convincable.
+1 but first we should ask why the church hates him, to see if this is plausible. It's kinda silly to argue about this before we know anything about the religion anyway.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2012, 10:54:02 am »

people seem to be assuming the priest has contact with the main church body more than sending off a portion of the money he gets. he is in our backwater village of no importance. our village was just fields surrounding a central market for trading amongst the farmers pretty much before we got here. the priest isn't important unless he the religious leaders cousin twice removed or something like that.

and yes i relize there nothing saying he doesnt keep correspondence with higher ups as well. might want to snoop into that a bit.

voice of evil reason

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2012, 05:22:52 pm »

people seem to be assuming the priest has contact with the main church body more than sending off a portion of the money he gets. he is in our backwater village of no importance. our village was just fields surrounding a central market for trading amongst the farmers pretty much before we got here. the priest isn't important unless he the religious leaders cousin twice removed or something like that.
and yes i relize there nothing saying he doesnt keep correspondence with higher ups as well. might want to snoop into that a bit.
It doesn't matter if he is a nobody, the church hates us because of the trainer. If you have a heretic in your house and the local priest and the rest of the church hates you because of that how do you solve the problem? Do you take the priest away, or do you deal with the heretic?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:04:20 pm by Mr. Palau »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2012, 06:37:51 pm »

screw the church. We should avoid stepping on their toes. but we don't have to dance to their tune. we should be carefull that they dont gain crazy amounts of influence though.

for now, just focus on not getting them to hate us more.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2012, 08:59:09 pm »

bumpz

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2012, 09:08:01 pm »

Look into why the church hates the trainer.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 25, 2012, 10:47:44 am »

*pokes*
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 25, 2012, 06:07:10 pm »

Update, please?

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 25, 2012, 06:14:30 pm »

Update is in due, but for once we have a great weather here in Sweden, and I want to make the most of it. But, I will start up the game the upcoming weak, promise.  :-*

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2012, 07:06:57 pm »

Update is in due, but for once we have a great weather here in Sweden, and I want to make the most of it. But, I will start up the game the upcoming weak, promise.  :-*
your great weather must have lasted a loooong time/bump/ ;D.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2012, 09:22:06 pm »

your great weather must have lasted a loooong time/bump/ ;D.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]