Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: You are a feudal lord!- Suggestion game  (Read 36731 times)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a feudal lord!- Suggestion game
« Reply #210 on: May 17, 2012, 05:50:33 am »

We'll try to lure them out and ambush them.

if they dont come at us right away, we light some fires and smoke them out. with our troups in a pincer ambush formation.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2012, 05:54:02 am »

If we do use a pincer movement, with just what, 5 knights, how's that gonna work?

Is a pincer movement with infantry ( especially the less agile spearmen ) feasible?

I'm still going with my plan, but I just love debating about how to go about a battle. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2012, 09:13:41 am »

perhaps Pincer movement wasn't the correct term, what I meant was setting up our force on either side of the cave entrance so we flank them when they come out of the cavern.

Hopefully they'll be disorganised from the smoke and threat of suffocation.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2012, 09:19:54 am »

This is actually kinda difficult to plan without knowing the EXACT layout of the cave and its surroundings.  If the bandits were to go out, would they be able to go out in only one direction?  Or multiple?  If multiple, it would be harder to position our men in such a way that they are trapped.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2012, 03:39:46 pm »

Yeah can we get a drawing or extensive description of the cave and it's suroundings please?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2012, 03:44:37 pm »

Pfffffffff....  Guys, it's an economic strategy not a tactical warfare game.

Just go and have a battle with bandits
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2012, 04:09:16 pm »

Pfffffffff....  Guys, it's an economic strategy not a tactical warfare game.

Just go and have a battle with bandits
Do this and, leave it up to the trainer to decide how to fight the battle. He is a vet and must know a thing or two about battle, wheereas we have only won one.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2012, 06:02:48 pm »

Why is he unhappy? Ask him.
Because you took Khalor as your infantry trainer, despite that his (very) bad relations with the church.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I have a very difficult time feeling very heartbroken over that.

I say we spread rumors that he's molesting children, or a witch or something. Then write a letter to the home church explaining that our faith is very important to us and that our current priest may secretly be a godless, pagan devil worshipper. Demand that they send three candidates for us to us interview to replace him.

Then choose the young, idealistic one who genuinely believes what he's preaching and hasn't yet succumbed to the power mongering of the church.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2012, 06:20:12 pm »

that could backfire so hard though...

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2012, 06:30:52 pm »

Ok. What do you propose we do instead?

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2012, 06:32:38 pm »

I like Lord Bucket's suggestions. Seems as if this guy is unreasonable and dangerous. We tried attending his services, but that wasn't enough. Go above his head (we ARE his liege lord) and get him out of here.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2012, 08:39:57 pm »

I like Lord Bucket's suggestions. Seems as if this guy is unreasonable and dangerous. We tried attending his services, but that wasn't enough. Go above his head (we ARE his liege lord) and get him out of here.
What if his superiors are his friends? Why would the church have any reason to take this guy away execpt our unbased assertion that he is a godless, pagan devil-worshiper? Furthermore if the accuser is known to have a bad reputation with the church why would they listen? This town gives as much money to the church as it does to the Baron, clearly they must be very powerful. Do you think they would seriously consider removing a priest who up to this point has been very loyal to the church?

Besides that would not solve any of our problems with the church, the priest likely speaks for the entire church when he says that attending a few services would not be enough to mend our relations. Our problems orriginate with the trainer we hired, and that offended the church at large, not just the priest. If this man has as bad relations as it sounds with the church, he must be some class of heretic or unbeliever.  Hiring him would therefore blight our relation with any man of religious standing.

Ok. What do you propose we do instead?
I propsoe we do nothing on the matter for now. The church will not interfere signifcantly in our affaris until our fief is bigger, and once our fief grows we should make friends with the church. After all we will likely be embarking in a struggle against the political establishment, we would not want to be become embroiled in one with the religious establisment aswell. Once we are the political establishmnet, then we can begin to diminish the power of the church.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2012, 08:54:31 pm »

We could attempt to act like we are trying to convert our trainer to the churches way. It will kinda help our standing and if we inform our trainer about it he can act like he's kinda starting to convert making it more convincable.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2012, 08:56:40 pm »

What if his superiors are his friends?

Do you think they would seriously consider removing a
priest who up to this point has been very loyal to the church?

If he were of any particular value or importance to them do you think they would have assigned him to a totally unimportant backwater village like ours?

Most likely, the church assigns priests to villages for years at a time as part of a standard training regiment. Our priest was assigned here either because he's not highly regarded, and was therefore assigned a bad post, or more likely he's simply new and has no connections, and was therefore assigned post of no particular value.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16