Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: You are a feudal lord!- Suggestion game  (Read 36803 times)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a feudal lord!- Suggestion game
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2012, 05:51:59 pm »

wanna bet having a priest at a feast is a total buzzkill?

just donate some art/wealth to the church when we have some spare. some shineys should keep those priests from preaching our little community into oposing us.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2012, 06:03:41 pm »

wanna bet having a priest at a feast is a total buzzkill?

just donate some art/wealth to the church when we have some spare. some shineys should keep those priests from preaching our little community into oposing us.
*Sry relized you were talking to the guy who posted after me
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:57:40 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2012, 09:09:05 pm »

Maybe we can just go to some services. Put in some face time, talk with him. See what he wants and demonstrate our faith. If this is like any feudal setting I know, religion is pretty important, so we should spend some time there.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2012, 09:12:39 pm »

Only loosely following this now, but my vote would be to not worry about the Baron. Thank him for his visit, and forget about him for the next year. Get back to developing the village.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2012, 02:04:41 pm »

Only loosely following this now, but my vote would be to not worry about the Baron. Thank him for his visit, and forget about him for the next year. Get back to developing the village.
+1, for now. When we are ready his offhand manner, foolish arrogance and lack of recognition for our awesome anti-bandit victory will be remembered and avenged. Also, what does everyone think about my religion suggestions? I feel that the more we flesh out the world, the more fun we'll have in grabbing as much power and influence in the world as possible (I assume that our end goal is to become King by our own hand, after a lengthy  (perhaps generational?) struggle. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:55:32 pm by Wayward Device »
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2012, 04:43:09 pm »

+1, for now. When we are ready his offhand manner, foolish arrogance and lack of recognition for our awesome anti-bandit victory will be remembered and avenged. Also, what does everyone think about my religion suggestions? I feel that the more we flesh out the world, the more fun we'll have in grabbing as much power and influence in the world as possible (I assume that our end goal is to become King by our own hand, after a lengthy  (perhaps generational?) struggle.
+2, I think the GM is the final arbiter of the world's religion, but that was a good suggestion. Yes the struggle for a proper crown on our head will be generational, but in the end, we will prevail!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2012, 05:44:21 pm »

hence why we need to meet a suitable lady sooner rather than later. (time flies you know)

also contain that ambition a little, its a dangerous thing that is.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2012, 06:05:55 pm »

hence why we need to meet a suitable lady sooner rather than later. (time flies you know)

also contain that ambition a little, its a dangerous thing that is.
Yah know, we are kinda young. A man can never expire, in terms of having childre, until he's dead or castrated. So what I would suggest is that we accumulate power and status for awhile. If we try to marry a noble woman now, we will have to get one of the lower end noble woman because the other noble woman wouldn't consider us because our fief is so small and so poor. We shoud postpone marriage until we are in our middle 30s, when we will need a noble woman to have childre with, and we will begin to move towards the end of our life.

Also I have a question. Just how old is this guy?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2012, 06:14:19 pm »

we need to meet a suitable lady

Meeting a lady will have to wait until we can spare some time to leave the village. We don't want to marry a peasant. I'd say don't worry about it now. Sooner or later we'll probably be summoned to appear at our liege's castle for some reason or another or invited to a tournament or something. That will be the time to meet ladies of the court.

Just how old is this guy?

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2012, 06:19:39 pm »

Of course, since we are 23 year old charismatic knight, there always the chance that if we say, win a tourney and dedicate our win to a particularly noble lady (i.e., one heir to titles, money or lands and preferably all three) we might be able to elope...
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2012, 06:22:44 pm »

Of course, since we are 23 year old charismatic knight, there always the chance that if we say, win a tourney and dedicate our win to a particularly noble lady (i.e., one heir to titles, money or lands and preferably all three) we might be able to elope...
Eloping would kill both our and her social standing, and probably eliminate her ability to inherit anything. It was a serious thing back in those days.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2012, 12:11:31 am »

Eloping would kill both our and her social standing, and probably eliminate her ability to inherit anything. It was a serious thing back in those days.

Actually, you are 24 now, its spring again, your birthday. Wohoo!

And regarding inheritage , you are right. The Father of your future lady have to accept you aswell. (Most often) 

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2012, 07:23:38 am »

Perhaps we could write (can we write?) notes to the surrounding nobles just introducing ourselves, if we haven't done that yet. Seems like a reasonable place to start. What else should we do this turn? In addition to whatever we decide to do to appease the priests (again, I suggest attending a few services and talking with them to see what they'd like), maybe work to finish the Inn?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2012, 01:56:46 pm »

Perhaps we could write (can we write?) notes to the surrounding nobles just introducing ourselves, if we haven't done that yet. Seems like a reasonable place to start. What else should we do this turn? In addition to whatever we decide to do to appease the priests (again, I suggest attending a few services and talking with them to see what they'd like), maybe work to finish the Inn?
+1 to all of the above.

Also if we have ay money left after finishing the inn use that to help the brewer expand operations and take in apprentices.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2012, 02:06:38 pm »

Totally. We need a squire and some pages, too. Look for some likely candidates.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16