Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: You are a feudal lord!- Suggestion game  (Read 36825 times)

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a feudal lord!- Suggestion game
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2012, 03:09:26 pm »

larger ships could travel there

your dock is not large enough to support them

Ok. This is useful information. I guess the next question is, after having bought the weapons discussed on the previous page, do we have enough money left to expand our dock?

And...do we happen to have any idea of the miltary and defensive capabililities of those ore and lumber settlements upstream?

You do. Although your dock wont be very nice to look at. You will be able to support a few larger ships. You have no idea of the capabilities of the other settlements sadly.

Just build as large a one as possible with the money we have while being able to compensate the peasents at about half the price of their summer time labor, also use the volunters of course. I think half the price of their summer time labor is reasonable as they have nothing to do in the winter (I believe it is winter now as they just finished harvesting things) besides sit around and wait for summer. Sometimes hunt, but not really.

Actually, next turn will be harvest season. And you will get your food and taxes. During summer they harvest the food for your animals. Witch will partly decide how much food you get.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2012, 03:11:53 pm »

while fully compensating the peasents 50GC can buy us a dock
if we only pay them half as much for their work.

use the volunters of course. I think half the price of their summer time labor is reasonable

We're not paying them anything. The construction and militia peasants are exempt from farming labor and the 10% tithe.

Also, we no longer have 50gc. Everyone that I saw agreed to buy the spears and shields, which cost us either 10 or 15 or 25gc.

we still have a bunch of grain

No. We have no personal stockpile of food until the first income tick. The only stored food belongs to the villagers.

Let's just wait for the next update. We should have resources to do whatever we want by then.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2012, 03:36:53 pm »

we still have a bunch of grain

No. We have no personal stockpile of food until the first income tick. The only stored food belongs to the villagers.

Let's just wait for the next update. We should have resources to do whatever we want by then.
Sorry, that was so long ago I forgot. +1 to the wait idea.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2012, 04:31:55 pm »

It is autumn! And your harvest is finally here. It was a decent harvest, especially considering the poor pre season. Like every year your peasants give you a part of their yield. And you now have 100 gold coins, and food worth 250 coins. A good yield.

Not only that! But your mill is finished as well. Until now, every peasant had their own small grindstone, or went to mills far away from here. But with the new mill, you completely remove the income-penalty for taking away 10 men from the farming, and you have another five men who arent needed at the farms.

Your military have started to train aswell. Although, you do not use the same technique as infantry, you manage to train them with limited success. With their new equipment, spears, shields and leather armour, they make a decent force against bandits. One of the older soldiers approach you, he tells you about a man named Khalor, who fought for the king many years ago. Untill he lost his left leg. He lives at your estate with his son. He could make a formidabel trainer for your men. Although there has been rumors that he had his fair share of quarrel with the church, and they won´t be happy if you let him train your militia.

You also celebrate a small fiest. With is happily received by your people. You have started to gain some reputation in your local area. Although people does not dare to move to your estate. Since the farms does not need any more people at the moment. You managed to attract a craftsman of your choice though. What profession does he have?

Sir Reginald Dumac

Title: Baronet (Obliged to serve Baron Amroth Elnesar, and join his call of arms)
Ownings: A large house in Fuerza, a horse and battle equipment worthy of a knight. 135 gold coins. Food worth 250 coins. Five servants.
Military strength: Yourself,  five militia units.   

Fuerza

Your yearly yield: 100 goldcoins (from trade), food (250 goldcoins if sold at a optimal price) 
Notable buildings:
Church (Represent the religions interests in the area.)
Granary (250 storage, the villagers will store food them self, and handle a bad harvest year without your intervention. )
Water mill
Other: Pays one tenth of its total income to the church, and one tenth to Amroth Elnesar.
Priest happiness: Content
People happiness: Satisfied

Spoiler: Authors note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:41:52 am by Evil Marahadja »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2012, 04:41:39 pm »

Hire Khalor
Make a task force to build a defensive wood wall.
The craftsman is a mason.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2012, 04:44:55 pm »

Hire Khalor
Construct a dock to and have some fishing and logging teams. We'd need firewood and food for the winter.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2012, 05:26:56 pm »

Hire Khalor
Agreed on first two points but I think the craftsman should specialize in a export oriented profession, such as a brewer, or a baker etc. So they could help us earn more money. I don't see what a mason would be used for as we have no quarry and don't have the money to engage in projects that would require any large amount of stone at the moment. A mason would be a very good choice later on, once we have more money, a bigger population, and an army. A export-oriented professional would help us get the money to improve the town and attract immigrants, as well as get money to fund an army. Mreo immigrants will come, if thsi was our only chance I would get the mason, but there are more chances later on and we can always hire a mason later.

Hire Khalor
Construct a dock to and have some fishing and logging teams. We'd need firewood and food for the winter.
Totally agree, have the five guys who can no longer work on the farms turned into fishermen. Have those fishermen as well as the construction team help with the dock. Pay the peasents full compensation.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2012, 05:39:36 pm »

I like the brewer idea.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2012, 08:17:07 pm »

go with a brewer every one like a good glass after work, and i say start the wall with the free serfs available whether its mud or wood preferably a mix of both

oh and also thanks evil for making this was tempted to make one myself, and lets not all get carried away with over examining the economy and enjoy the game he willing to use his free time on
voice of evil reason

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2012, 12:11:23 am »

Hire Khalor

+1

TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN!!!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2012, 12:51:33 am »

Craftsman is a potter.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2012, 02:55:43 am »

Brewer is good. it will allow us to build an inn later and provide with a safe source  of drink.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2012, 07:27:32 am »

Brewer, water was as dirty as shit and booze back then was less for getting drunk more for having something safe to drink.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2012, 07:34:48 am »

Potter. We live next to a river. We could literally scrape shit off our boots and have crafting material.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2012, 07:38:25 am »

Potter. We live next to a river. We could literally scrape shit off our boots and have crafting material.
Yes, but unfortunately that means that quite a lot of people can make pots, and I think there's a larger demand for beer then for pots anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16