Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Minecarts, could adamanite be used for something non-violent?  (Read 6676 times)

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecarts, could adamanite be used for something non-violent?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 02:03:41 am »

, then faster than  light carts are dangerous.

Awww yeah. (That's how  I originally read it)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 02:38:37 am »

why would you waste precious adamantine on something else than military equipment ?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 03:03:24 am »

Surely the OP's intent was to make the minecarts of adamantine so that all that platinum nuggets inside could cut through elves easier with those Armok's razor-sharp adamantine spikes and blades in front of the cart, wasn't it?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 03:20:04 am »

Adamantine is regularly used in non-violent medical procedures, much to the annoyance of fort overseers. Further more it can be used to make all kinds of non violent stuff, like statues. It's just that noone wants to do that. Since OP didn't realize that, I must assume he's one of the people who use it solely for violent means, which makes his whole thread a bit ridiculous.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 05:38:11 am »

Idk using candy for something non-violent just seems wrong somehow.

I don't like it so much that I use most of it for clothing. In fact it even prevents violence to a degree.

AleAndSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 08:45:28 am »

well, if you happen to accidentally slightly graze a standstill adamanite cart at an edge, you'd split your body in half.
I imagine this beeing especially fun when attempting to ride one :3

fazit: non-violence is no option for adamanite!  >:(
http://kodblogblogkod.blogspot.co.uk/

"Urist? Urist, stop the wagon. Urist, stop now. URIST! STOP! STOP RIGHT NOW! YOUR DRIVING US INTO THE VOLCANO! URIST!!!!!!!!"

Miuramir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 08:59:42 am »

Use of unloaded feather tree or adamantine carts may be useful for "training carts", if dwarves actually train dodging when they dodge a cart, and cart damage is based on cart mass + load mass. 

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 09:32:57 am »

Acceptable non-violent uses of adamantine include artifacts and well components.  Even better is artifact well components.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 09:59:25 am »

I can only imagine a speeding adamantite cart hit with all the force of a plushie hitting your skin.
I shall call it a plushcart

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 10:28:30 am »

Acceptable non-violent uses of adamantine include artifacts and well components.  Even better is artifact well components.
You can still smash in someones face with it, even though it weighs about the same as styrofoam.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 10:35:50 am »

...I envision long, 1-tile-thin pathways of stone over a precipice, a single track down its center, awaiting a goblin horde patiently... And as they arrive, all of that (USELESS F*CKI- I mean...) pretty microcline will be loaded into a lead cart and fired at the speed of nude berserker down toward the incoming enemies...

I am SO looking forward to Goblin Bowling, Baby Bowling, Crundle Bowling (dear GODS, the terrible imagery!), and more!

..You are terrible, tainted creatures without semblance of soul or spirit, trapped within a digital prison of psychosis and sadistic pleasures... And I kind of like it.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 10:41:56 am »

You can still smash in someones face with it, even though it weighs about the same as styrofoam.

Only if its going 500 miles per hour, which should be well over the velocity cap.  Course, you can just load it with stone.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 10:49:40 am »

Adamantine is regularly used in non-violent medical procedures, much to the annoyance of fort overseers. Further more it can be used to make all kinds of non violent stuff, like statues. It's just that noone wants to do that. Since OP didn't realize that, I must assume he's one of the people who use it solely for violent means, which makes his whole thread a bit ridiculous.

Something that has use, statues do and such have no reason other to make people happy. Which is pointless!

And yes, I am a elf lover apparently, since California is elven land.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, its not very useful since it doesnt kill.....Hmmm.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:54:56 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

goladith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 11:05:09 am »

I say make Candy minecarts, and fill them with magma, and send them at the ELVES!!!!!!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 11:06:49 am »

I say make Candy minecarts, and fill them with magma, and send them at the ELVES!!!!!!

Im torn, that would be beautiful, but California is too.

OH YOU MEAN ELF ELVES? Yes, burn them all.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 [2] 3