Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Kinetic Void  (Read 27221 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Kinetic Void
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 08:00:44 pm »

This game looks/sounds so awesome and makes me so VERY glad people are back into making great space-themed games.

Definetely watching this. May all Gods and Things grant you good luck in the development! :D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2012, 03:44:18 pm »

Who wants to see the patch notes for Monday so far?

Ships from previous builds are not guaranteed to load in current build.

==============================
Changes
- Classification now changes based on ship total mass
- The scroll wheel only affects throttle if the mouse is NOT over a GUI element
- Travel mode has been removed, you can now use ‘T’ to turn off your maneuvering thrusters and enter a no-drag, Newtonian flight mode. Make sure you start to decelerate before your destination, or you may not like the arrival!
- Renamed modules and reorganized the database that holds the modules - this may break all previously built ships.
- Normalized all mass ranges based on size tier - this will change once we begin balancing.
Size 1 - 10m, Size 2 - 20m, Size 3 - 40m, Size 4 - 80m, Size 5 - 160m /per module
Normalized all subsystem slots based on size tier - this will change once we begin balancing.
Size 1 - 2x2, Size 2 - 3x3, Size 3 - 4x4, Size 4 - 5x5, Size 5 - 6x6 /per module
Addition
- Weapons Manager - default key “G”
- Turrets can now be fired at targets that have been ‘locked’ keys 1 - 0 mirror the weapons groups, pressing these key will issue an attack order shift+# will issue a cancel attack order to all weapons in that group (weapons may be assigned to multiple groups)
- Module - Size 1 Hull 7
- Module - Size 1 Cockpit
- Module - Size 1 Engine
- Modules - size 3 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 1 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- SubSystems menu (does not function yet)
- SubSystem inventory per module (does not function yet)
- By popular demand Cockpit view! While in mouse flight zoom all the way in to enter cockpit view.
- Asteroids are now targetable / attackable! Watch out though, when they explode the chunks can cause other asteroids to explode as well! The particle effect and sound is placeholder for now.
Fixed
- Base build block should no longer disappear if there are no other blocks in the shipyard
- GUI quality will no longer degrade with overall texture quality on lower settings.
Work In Progress
- Weapon Systems
- Ship Modules
- Sub Systems
- User Interface

Its been a long week :D

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »

patch notes

All that is sounding awesome! Is travel mode gone for good now?

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2012, 04:38:01 pm »

The code is still there, but we are testing not using it, you can technically get up to much higher speeds by disabling your thrusters and using Newtonian physics, it just takes longer.

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 11:38:15 pm »

Update 0.17 is now live! I am uploading the dev video now.
http://youtu.be/fxEfE5W9Iew

Please re-download the entire package! the patch wont work for this change!
http://kineticvoid.badlandstudio.com/the-ship-builder/

Ships from previous builds are not guaranteed to load in current build.

Changes
- Classification now changes based on ship total mass
- The scroll wheel only affects throttle if the mouse is NOT over a GUI element
- Travel mode has been removed, you can now use ‘T’ to turn off your maneuvering thrusters and enter a no-drag, Newtonian flight mode. Make sure you start to decelerate before your destination, or you may not like the arrival!
- Renamed modules and reorganized the database that holds the modules - this may break all previously built ships.
- Normalized all mass ranges based on size tier - this will change once we begin balancing.
Size 1 - 10m, Size 2 - 20m, Size 3 - 40m, Size 4 - 80m, Size 5 - 160m /per module
- Normalized all subsystem slots based on size tier - this will change once we begin balancing.
Size 1 - 2x2, Size 2 - 3x3, Size 3 - 4x4, Size 4 - 5x5, Size 5 - 6x6 /per module
Addition
- Weapons Manager - default key “G”
- Turrets can now be fired at targets that have been ‘locked’ keys 1 - 0 mirror the weapons groups, pressing these key will issue an attack order shift+# will issue a cancel attack order to all weapons in that group (weapons may be assigned to multiple groups) Size 3 and higher weapons may not fire just yet, the conduit system needs to be overhauled, right now they are so big, they are not getting power.
- Module - Size 3 Bridge
- Module - Size 4 Bridge
- Module - Size 5 Bridge
- Modules - size 3 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 1 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 4 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 5 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- SubSystems menu (does not function yet)
- SubSystem inventory per module (does not function yet)
- By popular demand Cockpit view! While in mouse flight zoom all the way in to enter cockpit view.
- Asteroids are now targetable / attackable! Watch out though, when they explode the chunks can cause other asteroids to explode as well! The particle effect and sound is placeholder for now.
Fixed
- Base build block should no longer disappear if there are no other blocks in the shipyard
- GUI quality will no longer degrade with overall texture quality on lower settings.
Work In Progress
- Weapon Systems
- Ship Modules
- Sub Systems
- User Interface

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:13:31 am by LumberingTroll »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2012, 12:18:53 am »

For some reason I cannot seem to actually select any components to place on the ship. Anyone have a clue?

Could it be something related to having controllers connected at some point?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2012, 05:25:20 am »

The game looks impressive, and the ship design reminds me heavily of Roboforge, which is all kinds of nice (having animated ship parts programmable a-la the same Roboforge will be even better). The only concern I have so far is that you likely won't enforce the requirement for all of the ship's engines to provide symmetrical thrust. And likewise, engines don't need to always point backwards, because you need to have maneuvering thrusters as well. People always seem to think that something like this would overcomplicate the game, but you don't need to force the user to manually put all engines into perfect balance, just have the game automatically balance thrust between engines so that the ship keeps going in the needed direction.

Also, spaceships do not have a maximum speed. Please. You can have preset speeds for different thrust setting values, for when you need controlled velocity - like, say, around stations and in asteroid fields - but allow ships to just burn forward and gain any speed they need in combat. It's not a "travel mode", it's normal ship operation.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:36:13 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2012, 09:14:03 am »

For some reason I cannot seem to actually select any components to place on the ship. Anyone have a clue?

Could it be something related to having controllers connected at some point?

Yes, please re-download the game, I didn't realize the database changes we made broke the patcher.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2012, 09:56:29 am »

Thanks, will do when I get home :)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2012, 12:52:55 pm »

Holy shit this looks awesome. Definitly trying this out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2012, 11:00:42 am »

It sorta feels like a 3D version of Battleship Forever's shipmaker. That's a good thing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 06:55:35 am »

The game is nearing it's kickstarter finish but they're still quite a ways off from their desired goal.

Honestly, I don't get it. Other games with far less have been funded - other SPACE games with less customisability have been funded. This one has a well-developed tech demo, seems to get everything right so far, totally open world, randomised galaxy, factions, etc, you name it... and it's not getting as much love.

Dangit. I order you all to pledge to it - RIGHT NOW!:\

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 09:38:49 am »

This game is too awesome to not get fully funded. Please spread the words, peeps!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 10:18:53 am »

$55 Pledged!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 11:46:53 am »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8