Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Kinetic Void  (Read 27229 times)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: Kinetic Void
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 06:58:28 pm »

For some reason, I cant save anything, color scheme nor ship. anybody know whats going on? The save button doesnt even light up when I hover over it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 07:28:49 pm »

Im glad you guys are liking it!

For some reason, I cant save anything, color scheme nor ship. anybody know whats going on? The save button doesnt even light up when I hover over it.
Run the updater, that was an issue we fixed right away.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 07:54:35 pm »

I like this already. Messed for some minutes in the demo and came up with the less-than-impressive "siegedriver"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For some reason, the bridge section won't show up when I hit launch, despite appearing in the shipyard.

Still, I'll be watching this, as it seems very intresting.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 09:33:48 pm »

I like this already. Messed for some minutes in the demo and came up with the less-than-impressive "siegedriver"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For some reason, the bridge section won't show up when I hit launch, despite appearing in the shipyard.

Still, I'll be watching this, as it seems very intresting.

Im pretty sure this was fixed, try updating, if not it will be in the next version.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 09:42:41 pm »

This looks interesting, may have to download and fiddle with it.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 05:05:26 pm »

Looks like the 80s threw up again...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 05:06:44 pm »

>.o

NO FUCK YOU

When is this getting multiplayer so I can go wreck that thing oh my god
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 12:44:48 pm »

The Kickstarter has been submitted for review, as soon as I have an exact date I will let you guys know!

Harabeck- BLS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 08:11:31 pm »

The Kickstarter is now up! Please consider supporting us.  :D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seanpollman/kinetic-void
Lead programmer of Badland Studio. Check out our current project at KineticVoid.com!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 08:14:13 pm »

Dude, is that THE 'Jefferson Starship"?
I got nothing

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 08:47:39 pm »

Looks very nice. My only fear is that they over extend, the project being ambitious as it seems to be, and fail to deliver. I might drop a few bucks their way, but I'm not sure about that, specially since that if I drop 10 USD it's not like I'm going to be playing sooner than if I bought on release, and 20 USD might be a bit too much for me to risk.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Harabeck- BLS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 10:18:56 pm »

Looks very nice. My only fear is that they over extend, the project being ambitious as it seems to be, and fail to deliver.

All I'll say is that we're confident we're not over-extending ourselves. The world itself will be procedurally generated, allowing us to give the user tons of content without hand crafting all of it. Also, we're really reigning ourselves in compared to other games like say, X3. We're focusing on piloting one ship for, no major empire building or anything just yet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:24:16 pm by Harabeck- BLS »
Lead programmer of Badland Studio. Check out our current project at KineticVoid.com!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 11:11:08 pm »

Well, I was planning to donate a good $50 to this, again as I so support it. However... Paypal has changed terms and is demanding personal information that I cannot provide, sure I can give a picture of my driver's license, sure I can provide social security, but I do NOT recieve bills, and as such cannot prove my address to them.

Unless they lower their demands for such information, I will not be able to use their service again, and by the time they would this kickstarter would have passed. So I'm sorely out of luck there.

Good luck with Kinetic Void.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2012, 12:40:18 am »

The Kickstarter is now up! Please consider supporting us.  :D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seanpollman/kinetic-void
Congrats! I'm honored you used the Truthseeker for one of your examples :) I'll chip something in once our money situation becomes clear (that is, Friday) - we're moving to a new place on the 15th, and we've already burnt through a decent chunk of savings setting up internet, etc. hehe.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Harabeck- BLS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012, 01:07:11 am »

Congrats! I'm honored you used the Truthseeker for one of your examples :) I'll chip something in once our money situation becomes clear (that is, Friday) - we're moving to a new place on the 15th, and we've already burnt through a decent chunk of savings setting up internet, etc. hehe.

Thanks a lot! Good luck with your new place. Moving is a real pain.

Well, I was planning to donate a good $50 to this, again as I so support it. However... Paypal has changed terms and is demanding personal information that I cannot provide, sure I can give a picture of my driver's license, sure I can provide social security, but I do NOT recieve bills, and as such cannot prove my address to them.

Unless they lower their demands for such information, I will not be able to use their service again, and by the time they would this kickstarter would have passed. So I'm sorely out of luck there.

Good luck with Kinetic Void.

I understand fully if you don't want to go through the trouble, but there are ways around Amazon's limitations besides PayPal. Quoting from Wasteland 2's FAQ:

If you don't have a credit card, there are other ways you can pledge to Wasteland 2!  First, buy a Ukash voucher, then convert it into a Ukash NEO pre-paid Mastercard.  From there, you can use it with Amazon's payment system.

In many areas of Europe, you can use your Visa Debit or Visa Electron cards to pay online

Another option is to get a "Virtual Visa Card"  This is a pre-paid virtual card designed for Europeans to purchase things on the internet.  You can find more information about it here:  http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/virtual_cards.aspx

In any case, thanks a lot for your input here and on our forums, SHADOWdump!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8