Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Kinetic Void  (Read 27222 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kinetic Void
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 02:41:38 am »

Wow this reminds me of Spore's ship maker soo much.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 04:17:18 am »

Reminds me of the Galactic Civilizations shipbuilder, which was suuuuuper fun. Not many parts to have fun with right now, though... but that's to be expected.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 04:21:14 am »

Reminds me of the Galactic Civilizations shipbuilder, which was suuuuuper fun. Not many parts to have fun with right now, though... but that's to be expected.

I love how in Galactic Civilisation there were HUUUUGE parts thrown in. You could make your cheap fighters gigantic.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 09:39:57 am »

The real fun will come in when different hull parts have different armor ratings and you can apply different materials to them, like building one part out of steel or another out of titanium.  That would allow us to build some very literal shield walls.

Also that capital bridge section is massive.  Are you quite certain that when you get into the higher part number and size, it won't drag on computers?  Just looking at the different sizes between bridges, I can imagine a capital ship being massive and sporting some planetkiller type weapons.  And then of course, space stations should be fun.

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 09:44:31 am »

The real fun will come in when different hull parts have different armor ratings and you can apply different materials to them, like building one part out of steel or another out of titanium.  That would allow us to build some very literal shield walls.

Also that capital bridge section is massive.  Are you quite certain that when you get into the higher part number and size, it won't drag on computers?  Just looking at the different sizes between bridges, I can imagine a capital ship being massive and sporting some planetkiller type weapons.  And then of course, space stations should be fun.

The ability to alter module statistics will be implemented in the form of sub-systems, so adding more and/or different kinds of armor to specific sections is definitely possible, the Sub-system mechanics are already in game, though not exposed in the demo right now, as we are still refining them.

The capital ships will be large, though that image is a very early view of them, its not set in stone that they will be that scale, we work on a very agile development process, nothing is ever untouchable to change or revision.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 12:53:35 pm »

Grabbed the shipyard demo, runs TERRIBLY slow, intense drag even just looking at a white cube.  No items appear either, the right-hand size is empty no matter what buttons I press.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 01:03:10 pm »

Which version did you get? .12 has a bugged updater, ran into the same problem. Downloading .15 and updating worked for me.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 01:04:57 pm »

I hit the main "download shipyard" button on the site, ran the updater, and then nothing.

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 03:22:12 pm »

I hit the main "download shipyard" button on the site, ran the updater, and then nothing.

Thanks for catching this! The link had not been directed to the correct version, please try again.

LumberingTroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 08:09:14 pm »

A user on our forum just posted this, I found it too good not to share!

MEGA MAID!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 08:17:07 pm »

Oh no, they actually did it. XD

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 08:44:35 pm »

By the way, how the hell are you guys managing 1290 m/s???

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:50 pm »

Press T for travel mode. :P

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 04:37:52 pm »

Following...

Oh gawd... she's gone from suck to blow!

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

Once again, bay12 makes me aware of an awesome thing I want right now but have to wait for. Its cool though, I've got plenty of practice by this point :). And I can play around with the shipyard, so what am I even complaining about? I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I'll definitely be pledging once the kickstarter gets up and running. As long as we keep getting more of this megaspace legowin fullfill my childhood fantasies stuff, I'll be happy. 
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8