_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2071 2072 [2073] 2074 2075 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920602 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand
« Reply #31080 on: January 30, 2016, 11:47:41 pm »

"So am I cutting my hand off or not?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31081 on: January 30, 2016, 11:52:31 pm »

"Hello, Sister Faith.  Long time no see.  I trust you are well?  Are you still filled with the holy spirit of vengeance?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31082 on: January 30, 2016, 11:59:21 pm »

((bitching about green storm))
((defending green storm))
((taking this to OOC coz i know its gonna open a bag of worms.))
((Like ARM dissecting a dead colonist.))

"Hello, Sister Faith.  Long time no see.  I trust you are well?  Are you still filled with the holy spirit of vengeance?"
Faith winced. "Yes, I'm well, and yes, I am still filled with holy vengeance. I'm actually thinking of replacing my current body to be able to unleash it better. Apparently synthflesh and kinamp clubs can, ah, attract undue attention nowadays if you strain them both at the same time. Plus kinamps are less reliable in general, so I'll probably want to replace that too if I can...

Say, you're a robot overlord most of the time. Have any advice for somebody without a proper body anymore?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31083 on: January 31, 2016, 12:02:10 am »

Lars considered this for a moment.  "Well, the Battlesuit's served me well, though it's hardly agile.  I think Brother Pancaek had some new trick for his repeated lack of a functioning body.  Perhaps ask him?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31084 on: January 31, 2016, 01:06:57 am »

((Apologies in advance if i come off as hostile but Seriously Piecewise, are you kidding me right now?

You knew i was never gonna go for this Green Storm bullshit and your so called solution for everyone hating on it is "deal with it or get the fuck out of my game?" really?

You want shock implants in everyone to counter alien mindfuckery and teamkill hazards, even i accepted their necessity and kept my shock implant on the premise that no player gets control over who gets shocked becasue they abused it so goddamn much.
So then you come out with something even more abusable and dangerous and control of it immediately gets given to every tom dick and harry in the game? the hell man?

Everyone needs a shock implant, nobody gives a shit about the shock implants anyway. They only want them gone because of green strom.
Nobody needs green storm, half the players violently reject it.
Theres a goddamn obvious solution here, just give everyone who wants to opt out of green storm a modified implant that lacks green storm capability.

Again, sorry. not trying to attack you or make this personal anything but forcing people to accept this when there are such simple alternatives is just a kick in the pants.))

Reminder that my exo skill went to +4 and my hydra is more powerful now.
also predictable action of opting the fuck out of green storm, but sure as hell NOT retiring to hephaestus.

I'm just gonna remind you that I'm not steve. Steve isn't me. Personally, OOC, I'm gonna give people the option to opt out of green storm, but I wanted to let someone bring that option up to steve in character. Work it out in universe, give opportunity to discuss, develop character, that sort of thing.

Steve, you have to remember, is all about getting the best results, regardless of the process used. For him, trading the life of one team member to save 9 others makes such complete sense that to go against it seems unthinkable.

I, personally, quite understand the desire not to be puppeted. I'm not doing this with steve acting as my personal avatar. I'm not creating an ultimatium from the position of GM. This is a CHARACTER saying this. There are things that steve thinks and ways he acts that are not what I think are the best.

So, can we all calm down a bit and let this play out in character?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:10:41 am by piecewise »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31085 on: January 31, 2016, 03:04:43 am »

((i will gladly accpet that im the bad guy in all of this. and i will apologise again.

but fuck it was easy to misinterpret.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31086 on: January 31, 2016, 03:14:52 am »

((Wait, what the hell happens to Id Manifester users under the effects of Green storm? Do they just turn into Steve's Ids? :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #31087 on: January 31, 2016, 06:51:25 am »

((Wait, what the hell happens to Id Manifester users under the effects of Green storm? Do they just turn into Steve's Ids? :P))
((MY GOD ITS FULL OF DEATH))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31088 on: January 31, 2016, 08:02:13 am »

Two tokens from Christopher Pseudos to [UristMcCoder's character], please.
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31089 on: January 31, 2016, 10:22:08 am »

>Alright then, if you want to opt out of Green Storm, then you may do so now.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31090 on: January 31, 2016, 10:25:58 am »

"I just want an off switch for when I'm not on mission.  Is this doable?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #31091 on: January 31, 2016, 11:43:23 am »

"Alright. Sounds reasonable enough. Also, off switch is probably a no unless it's installed with blue tooth or something."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31092 on: January 31, 2016, 11:47:05 am »

"I was thinking, more like in the implant.  It can already tell.  And all."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31093 on: January 31, 2016, 12:31:08 pm »

"Sorry Steve but I wanna be there when I die. Green storm out. The shock is alright though."

Opt out of green storm.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31094 on: January 31, 2016, 01:07:56 pm »

"I absolutely refuse to be anyones meatpuppet. Hey Steve, can you drop me off to Heph instead? Or let me use the pocket universe portal to go there. There's no reason to leave me on a planet that we are evacuating in first place."

Opt out of ARM. Preferrably to Heph to join those who wait for evacuation to other universe.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:41:02 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 2071 2072 [2073] 2074 2075 ... 2101