_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920594 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand
« Reply #31065 on: January 30, 2016, 08:18:18 pm »

"I haven't actually been on any missions save a rather abruptly aborted jaunt into the deep infirmary....So, most likely yes?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31066 on: January 30, 2016, 08:56:03 pm »

"Like all that safety-shocking you did on Hephaestus. That went well for the guy living in Vanessa, didn't it."

Christopher cowers defiantly, facing Steve down from beneath a table.
"Technically, that wasn't his fault. We were out of comms in a weird anomaly or whatever. Not much he could do in there, without contact with us."

"What Steve is trying to say is that he would like to avoid having people like me kill you because you stuck your dick in an anomaly, got possessed and left me with no other choice. And I thank him for that."

I'll just go collect my debt now.
((Jason has 3 tokens for you. Nothing to spend them on anyways.))

Jason speaks up, "It's the other way around, Flint. He's saying that if you get mindraped by some alien thing, it'd be better if he could shock you instead of letting the newbies try to fight Gilgamesh. Besides, I'm pretty sure some people might accidentally kill the newbies if they get shocked anyways. Doesn't seem like it would take much for restraining a newbie with a battlesuit to turn into pulped newbies. Oh, and here, this shold cover most of that loan. I think I still owe you one more token."

3 tokens to Flint

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31067 on: January 30, 2016, 09:47:39 pm »

((Y'all are lucky I was away before Steve finished.))

Brother Lars, who was midway through drawing his rifle, stopped and- very slowly- returned it to his side.  "I understand, Most Holy Steve.  I live to serve in whatever means are required.  My will is yours."

He stopped and looked around meaningfully.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31068 on: January 30, 2016, 10:38:30 pm »

((Apologies in advance if i come off as hostile but Seriously Piecewise, are you kidding me right now?

You knew i was never gonna go for this Green Storm bullshit and your so called solution for everyone hating on it is "deal with it or get the fuck out of my game?" really?

You want shock implants in everyone to counter alien mindfuckery and teamkill hazards, even i accepted their necessity and kept my shock implant on the premise that no player gets control over who gets shocked becasue they abused it so goddamn much.
So then you come out with something even more abusable and dangerous and control of it immediately gets given to every tom dick and harry in the game? the hell man?

Everyone needs a shock implant, nobody gives a shit about the shock implants anyway. They only want them gone because of green strom.
Nobody needs green storm, half the players violently reject it.
Theres a goddamn obvious solution here, just give everyone who wants to opt out of green storm a modified implant that lacks green storm capability.

Again, sorry. not trying to attack you or make this personal anything but forcing people to accept this when there are such simple alternatives is just a kick in the pants.))

Reminder that my exo skill went to +4 and my hydra is more powerful now.
also predictable action of opting the fuck out of green storm, but sure as hell NOT retiring to hephaestus.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:56:26 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #31069 on: January 30, 2016, 10:39:43 pm »

Podded.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:41:58 pm by Nunzillor »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31070 on: January 30, 2016, 10:41:37 pm »

"A question.

While I fully understand the shock implants as...Not unreasonable, is there a version where you aren't automatically Green Storm enabled?

An opt-in, as was.

That is, the capability exists, but you won't be overridden unless you consent to it or you are under hostile influence.

Please.

Thank you for your consideration."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:43:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31071 on: January 30, 2016, 10:44:52 pm »

Can we talk about this amazing image though

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31072 on: January 30, 2016, 11:08:15 pm »

"I haven't actually been on any missions save a rather abruptly aborted jaunt into the deep infirmary....So, most likely yes?"
"Oh. Well, I'm a veteran, and not to beat you over the head with it or anything, but in my personal experience Steve doing things to you is the least of your worries. Allies or yourself being possessed by malicious alien consciousnesses are... common enough that I do have to wonder if I'm doing something wrong."

"That is, the capability exists, but you won't be overridden unless you consent to it or you are under hostile influence."
"Wasn't that what he said?"

((Apologies in advance if i come off as hostile but Seriously Piecewise, are you kidding me right now?

You knew i was never gonna go for this Green Storm bullshit and your so called solution for everyone hating on it is "deal with it or get the fuck out of my game?" really?

You want shock implants in everyone to counter alien mindfuckery and teamkill hazards, even i accepted their necessity and kept my shock implant on the premise that no player gets control over who gets shocked becasue they abused it so goddamn much.
So then you come out with something even more abusable and dangerous and control of it immediately gets given to every tom dick and harry in the game? the hell man?

Everyone needs a shock implant, nobody gives a shit about the shock implants anyway.
Nobody needs green storm, half the players violently reject it.
Theres a goddamn obvious solution here, just give everyone who wants to opt out of green storm a modified implant that lacks green storm capability.))
((I kind of doubt he did this to piss you off personally.

I don't understand what you mean by "control of it immediately gets given to every tom dick and harry." You think it's bullshit that anyone can just go "STEVE TAKE THE WHEEL!" and perform with perfect competence?

Nobody "needs" a shock implant, but it's a good idea more often than it's a bad idea. Nobody "needs" Green Storm, but it's a good idea more often than it's a bad idea. If anything, I'd say Green Storm has a better lives saved:abuse ratio than shocking, wouldn't you?

"Half the players" consists of like five guys. kj, Nunz, and you I recognize as oddballs, Fish doesn't even seem to understand what it's for. NAV I'm not familiar with. There's like three more that said yes to a vote, but didn't bother until it came up. Almost all of the objections have been in IC form, usually more on "ohgoditsinmybraaaaaaaains" principle than anything else. Most people have no stated opinions on it whatsoever.

Letting anyone who wants to opt out of it is indeed an obvious solution. That doesn't mean it's the best one. Ignoring it knowing it's never going to hurt and might save your life is also an obvious solution, yet you're not jumping up and down over it.))

Can we talk about this amazing image though
Everyone needs an Id Manifester. Not everyone can use or afford it, but that doesn't mean they don't need it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31073 on: January 30, 2016, 11:16:47 pm »

"No, a safeguard against Steve just randomly taking over, I mean.  Yes he said that.  But I don't want to be immediately vulnerable if he changes his mind."
((OOCly, I don't particularly care either way.  ICly, Mycroft is just...Not a fan of not being able to control when he can hand over control.))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 11:19:08 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31074 on: January 30, 2016, 11:21:48 pm »

Lars looked around again, one hand still on his rifle.  "The will of the divine cannot be stopped by the hand of mortal man."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31075 on: January 30, 2016, 11:23:10 pm »

"Lars, let's just wait for Steve's judgement on this one."
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31076 on: January 30, 2016, 11:23:48 pm »

"Yes.  I stand ready to execute his will."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31077 on: January 30, 2016, 11:35:36 pm »

"I noticed."
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31078 on: January 30, 2016, 11:42:27 pm »

"No, a safeguard against Steve just randomly taking over, I mean.  Yes he said that.  But I don't want to be immediately vulnerable if he changes his mind."
((OOCly, I don't particularly care either way.  ICly, Mycroft is just...Not a fan of not being able to control when he can hand over control.))
"Oh, like an off switch on your arm. I see. Might kind of defeat the purpose if you don't have it set when you need it, or if your guest is able to turn it off.

I really wouldn't worry about Steve, though. He's ancient and in pursuit of far bigger things than wanting to enslave you with a voluntary implant."

She glanced at Lars.

"And, um. Not really sure what to say about Lars. 'He's always been that way,' I guess?

Um, hello Lars. All glory to Steve?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31079 on: January 30, 2016, 11:42:42 pm »

((bitching about green storm))
((defending green storm))
((taking this to OOC coz i know its gonna open a bag of worms.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 ... 2101